Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #101

If DW and I get in the rally next year, after the rally is over we plan on staying a week more. We also will plan on getting there or at least close a few days before the rally starts. We were just at the Cedar Creek factory recently and we got to know Denise Davis, she is nice and very helpful. It's pretty country

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-05-2016, 06:09 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
If DW and I get in the rally next year, after the rally is over we plan on staying a week more. We also will plan on getting there or at least close a few days before the rally starts. We were just at the Cedar Creek factory recently and we got to know Denise Davis, she is nice and very helpful. It's pretty country

If your going to be in the area early for the FROG Rally why not sign up to volunteer? Keep in mind not everyone who volunteers gets chosen but if so it is a great way to see how things get done, also you see how much FROG Bob & Momma FROG Cindy do so we all can have a great rally
Old 11-05-2016, 12:28 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
If your going to be in the area early for the FROG Rally why not sign up to volunteer? Keep in mind not everyone who volunteers gets chosen but if so it is a great way to see how things get done, also you see how much FROG Bob & Momma FROG Cindy do so we all can have a great rally

Thanks, I'll try that. That way I get to meet a lot more nice campers

Old 11-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
We're currently kicking around some ideas on registration to see if there are some changes that we should make. We might still come down to registering the first "x" number of registrants, but have talked about some sort of lottery for some of the spots.

Of course, if you're #501 to register and you don't get a spot, and #950 gets one, you're not going to be very happy. On the other hand, if you don't get through before registration closes, you won't be happy, either.

We don't yet know what changes, if any, we'll incorporate.

I just wanted to let you know that I plan to be in the area a little early, probably in or close to Topeka, we have a Cedar Creek. Anyway if you need a volunteer please let me know. Hopefully I'll get to see you at the rally either way

Jimmy & Rachel

Old 11-05-2016, 03:53 PM   #105
Director, FROG

It might be a little more difficult to stay after the FROG Rally next year. There's another group coming in on our heels, with early parking starting on Wednesday. That's the reason that we had to move our date up to a week earlier, with setup starting immediately after the fair ends on Saturday night. They've reserved all of the full hookup sites on the fairgrounds, so it might be necessary to move if you want to stay.

On the front end, we'll be having our parking team and registration team arrive on the Monday that setup is just starting. The fairgrounds maintenance team will be scrambling to get temporary electric and water lines laid and connected in time for us. For that reason, NO EARLY ARRIVALS WILL BE ALLOWED BEFORE WEDNESDAY. Last year we had some folks who weren't scheduled to arrive until Wednesday or later but who came in on Sunday because they "just happened to be in the area." While we certainly appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, we can't let that happen this year so that grounds can be cleaned, grass mowed, and hookups installed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 11-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
It might be a little more difficult to stay after the FROG Rally next year. There's another group coming in on our heels, with early parking starting on Wednesday. That's the reason that we had to move our date up to a week earlier, with setup starting immediately after the fair ends on Saturday night. They've reserved all of the full hookup sites on the fairgrounds, so it might be necessary to move if you want to stay.

On the front end, we'll be having our parking team and registration team arrive on the Monday that setup is just starting. The fairgrounds maintenance team will be scrambling to get temporary electric and water lines laid and connected in time for us. For that reason, NO EARLY ARRIVALS WILL BE ALLOWED BEFORE WEDNESDAY. Last year we had some folks who weren't scheduled to arrive until Wednesday or later but who came in on Sunday because they "just happened to be in the area." While we certainly appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, we can't let that happen this year so that grounds can be cleaned, grass mowed, and hookups installed.

Thanks for your understanding.

Oh I have no intention of staying at the fairgrounds in Goshen except for the rally. I plan on staying at Shipshewana flea market if I can get in or Shipshewana South RV park or some other campground. I just thought if you needed volunteers to help you out I would be willing to help out. I hope I can get in the rally next year at Goshen. I am planning on maybe getting Orvin to work on my Cedar Creek about the time the rally will be going on. I just wanted to find out if you needed volunteers that's all.

Old 11-05-2016, 05:06 PM   #107

Volunteers

Quote:
I just wanted to let you know that I plan to be in the area a little early, probably in or close to Topeka, we have a Cedar Creek. Anyway if you need a volunteer please let me know. Hopefully I'll get to see you at the rally either way

Jimmy & Rachel

This year there was PLENTY of opportunity to shuttle folks around via golf carts ( provided). I was asked at least 3 times. It's SHIFT work. I declined due to my truck getting sick on me and needed all free time to get it repaired. No easy feat!! Got it done!!
Old 11-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #108
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
This year there was PLENTY of opportunity to shuttle folks around via golf carts ( provided). I was asked at least 3 times. It's SHIFT work. I declined due to my truck getting sick on me and needed all free time to get it repaired. No easy feat!! Got it done!!
Humm surprised you did not try for rally in GA Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
Old 11-05-2016, 07:21 PM   #109

GA Rally

We are owners at RRanchga in Dahlonega, GA. The Helen Rally is not far away, 30 minutes by car. We have an annual leased spot at R Ranch. 800 acres of absolute mountain beauty. 39 horses; Olympic salt water pool, cabins, etc. Dahlonega is the site of the first Eastern US gold rush. It is a town of a huge military college, official gold museum and great shops. Helen is not. I have been to Helen (back) over 100 times. As recently as 2 weeks ago.

We LIVE 65 miles south of both towns. We have motorcycled EVERY public road in the area since 1995. ( Wife and I on separate cruisers)

Now to the point: my daughter and family just moved to Florida. We have scheduled several trips to be there over the holidays and into 2017. In fact we are seeking a condo in her area. Should we have any opportunity to at least VISIT our fellow FR campers,
we will surely try.

This is a beautiful region of Georgia. Attendees will have plenty to do.

And THAT, sums up WHY we have not tried to get into the Georgia Rally.
We wish the best to those who do attend.
We missed Bamagana recently for the SAME reasons. At age 73, our grandkids, 9;7&2 are our highest priority. You may see our beautiful 2015 Silverback 33rl up for sale in the spring.
Old 11-05-2016, 09:28 PM   #110
Director, FROG

Quote:
Oh I have no intention of staying at the fairgrounds in Goshen except for the rally. I plan on staying at Shipshewana flea market if I can get in or Shipshewana South RV park or some other campground. I just thought if you needed volunteers to help you out I would be willing to help out. I hope I can get in the rally next year at Goshen. I am planning on maybe getting Orvin to work on my Cedar Creek about the time the rally will be going on. I just wanted to find out if you needed volunteers that's all.

Spock, thanks for clarifying. I just wanted to give a "heads up" to anyone thinking about staying over that the event coming in behind us might complicate things. Last year, with the rain and a lot of traffic in and out, the campground here at Coachmen was a swampy mess, so Cindy and I spent an entire extra week at the fairgrounds. Others stayed for multiple days as well.

As for volunteering, please send me an e-mail at frog@forestriverinc.com. Put just the word VOLUNTEER in the subject line, and your contact information in the subject. We always try to have a mix of experienced volunteers who are familiar with the processes along with new folks to get a good amount of "new blood" into the system. While we might not be able to use everyone on parking or registration, there are lots of other jobs throughout the week as well for which we're grateful to have help.

Thanks!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 11-06-2016, 08:04 AM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Humm surprised you did not try for rally in GA Later RJD

I don't really care about a rally as such, we meet people that go to a rally and have fun but I like to go my on way. I would like to go to the Goshen rally because of friends we have met there and friends we would like the meet from Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1478437440.916557.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	124776this site. We meet the nicest people in campgrounds. We like to meet different people and see them once in awhile. I would really like to stay on the road more but DW doesn't want to stay out to much, we have a great granddaughter now and we both like to spend time with her. We have two sons and two grandsons and now Addison Brook and we spoil her rotten. I'll attach a photo of her and the little pink wagon I found in Intercourse PA. I just like to travel the road less traveled.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #112

Spock, we bought a wagon like that when our boys were little but more John Deere green, let me tell you we got a lot of miles on that wagon, first by me pulling them ( and them falling asleep ) and then by them loading it up to go fishing and crabbing as they got older, talked about getting rid of it as they are 21 & 25 now and you would have thought I was committing a federal offense!!!!
Old 11-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #113

There was two wagons and one had pink rails and one green rails. We brought both colors of rails. We have a small grandson too

Old 11-07-2016, 12:03 AM   #114

Question about repairs FR makes at Goshen.

We have a 2014 Mini lite 2306. Bought in March of 2013. The bathtub has a crack in it. Looks like a pretty big project to tear it out and replace. Is this the kind of repair they can make at Goshen?

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Old 11-07-2016, 06:12 AM   #115
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
We have a 2014 Mini lite 2306. Bought in March of 2013. The bathtub has a crack in it. Looks like a pretty big project to tear it out and replace. Is this the kind of repair they can make at Goshen?
It can't hurt to ask. When registration opens in the Spring, send the request form along with photos of what you need done. If you are lucky enough to get registered, the factory will contact you with their plan for your repair.

If they agree the repair is in the scope of their "contract" with FROG, they will most likely ask you to either come early to the factory or to stay after the rally to get the work done. They once did a major body repair, so I know their "contract" is pretty amazing.

If you do not make the rally, their factory repairs are VERY reasonable and the work will be professionally done (and your expectations will not only be exceeded, you will most likely be blown away as they are very thorough).

I also need to add that they may do it on your parking site as they have done some pretty extensive work on site. However, since in your case the living area will be torn up, they will most likely ask you to come early or stay late and drop the camper off at the factory.

If it is "not a big deal" but too big a job for the site, you may be asked to leave the fairgrounds for a quick round trip to the factory for same day service.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:19 AM   #116

Wow, thanks Herk. Great information.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Old 11-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #117
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

They may, and have in my case, schedule you for sometime after the rally. I couldn't stay after the rally so I delivered it to them a couple weeks later. I'm not that far away so it wasn't a big deal.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:26 PM   #118

I had a bad crack around the drain and it was paper thin. FR called the manufacturer in and their glass guy did the repair and its strong as heck and was completed in under 3 hrs, the guys and gals working are exceptional.........
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
Old 11-17-2016, 06:38 AM   #119
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
FLASH!!!! No villages next year. No Columbus isles or Cedar Creek or anyother brand name will be allowed together. Guess what is I cant be with all my friends at the Tiki Hut I am not going
I will assure you, that they Tiki Hut will be open to all like usual, no matter where they put us!!
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
Old 11-17-2016, 06:40 AM   #120
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
You got that from an official I assume! I do understand the concept of the mixing but, think that if you time your arrival with a crew you would be parked locally. That was my take on the info given.

Perhaps the Tiki hut could run a shuttle. I am preparing for my first attendance next year. There are forum members that I want to meet and heard that you could find them at the sign-in station. If that is not so, I will just bounce around until I see palm trees.

Might this be considered a scavenger hunt?

The TIKI HUT has a golf cart, but might not bring it next year due to the theft of my plaque I had on the front of it.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
Closed Thread

Tags
frog