Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2016, 06:37 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
So what about May or June? Does the 2017 rally HAVE to follow the county fair??? June would help those folks that had to miss the 2016 rally due to kids school schedules.
Just wondering............
The Entire Timing for the Rally is Based Solely on Mike Stumps "FREE Sweet Corn" being ready to Harvest to GIVE to the FROG Rally! From now on address all Requested "Date Info" to Mr Mike! Youroo!!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #22

2017 FROG Rally

2nd time attendees, us, learned the HARD WAY this year!!
Do NOT FORGET GOOD RAIN GEAR AND LOW TOP BOOTS!!

We were on track infield this year and YIKES, getting x that track was horrible. Trams were full because of mud and heavy rain.

Walking is not bad IF YOU HAVE GOOD WEATHER!!

This year seemed it rained every day!!

Just remember scout motto: " be prepared"
Old 09-04-2016, 02:00 PM   #23

2017 frog

The dates I got from the fairgrounds were August 6 thru 11, 2017
Old 09-04-2016, 04:18 PM   #24
Director, FROG

Dates for the 2017 FROG Rally will be August 6-12 at the Elkhart County Fairgrounds in Goshen, IN.

This is not the week we'd prefer to have, but that week has already been booked for an activity since four years ago. This means that, as has been the case until this year, the fairgrounds staff will have to begin laying out electric and water lines the day after the fair ends. That week will also be needed for tearing down carnival rides and tents, setting up buildings for dinners and vendors, mowing grass, re-locating tables and chairs from other areas of the fairgrounds, and much more. We'll be coming in with parking and registration crew that week as well.

Early arrivals well be severely limited that week. For those who called to arrive on Wednesday and decided to show up on Monday because they just happened to be in the area, they'll be politely(?) turned away. I'll be meeting with the fair staff again to see whether we can allow early arrivals on Wednesday or whether we need to allow another day for setup. (Early parking helps to relieve the crunch on the weekend, but limits setup time for the staff fairgrounds staff.)

For those who have asked about moving to other months, this is the ONLY week available on the entire calendar of the fairgrounds. There are two times that we could run from mid-week to mid-week, but that creates several problems, such as taking away weekends for travel time; having the event run across a Sunday when none of the Amish managers and technicians would be available to work; introducing holiday hours and requiring staff to give up their holiday weekend; and more.

The entire month of July is blacked out on the fairgrounds' calendar for fair preparations and the fair itself.

Registration will likely open around the first week of April again next year. We'll be working on possible methods to avoid having all of the reservations fill up again in the first couple of days, and will be announcing something on that after the first of the year.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 09-04-2016, 04:23 PM   #25

Thanks for all your efforts.

We'll come when it opens, and leave when it closes, if we get lucky. And we'll park wherever you tell us to park. And we'll eat whatever we can. And we'll get fixed whatever they'll let us get fixed. And we'll meet more neat folks. And we'll probably buy stuff from vendors that we don't really need. And we'll eat ice cream.

That's what we'll do.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 09-04-2016, 04:25 PM   #26
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Thanks for all your efforts.

We'll come when it opens, and leave when it closes, if we get lucky. And we'll park wherever you tell us to park. And we'll eat whatever we can. And we'll get fixed whatever they'll let us get fixed. And we'll meet more neat folks. And we'll probably buy stuff from vendors that we don't really need. And we'll eat ice cream.

That's what we'll do.
Sounds like a great plan to me!

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 09-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #27

Can I ask two questions?

What is approximate cost for two people? How much additional is normally spent?

I read there will be 800 units arriving there. Will this overload Rv parks on the routes into and away from the Talleyrand? Remember August is prime travel time for parks. Do you also need to make Rv park reservations on your route?
Old 09-04-2016, 11:45 PM   #28
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
Can I ask two questions?

I read there will be 800 units arriving there. Will this overload Rv parks on the routes into and away from the Talleyrand? Remember August is prime travel time for parks. Do you also need to make Rv park reservations on your route?
Chickdoe, we haven't yet priced the 2017 FROG Rally. This year's cost was $475 for two adults in an RV, $350 for one adult in an RV. For a description of what was included, you can go to Forest River Owners Group - The official owner's group of Forest River RV, manufacturer of world-class recreational vehicles..

We had about 800 RVs here this year, but, given that they represented over 40 states and provinces, I don't see that they have that much of an impact on RV parks along the way.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 09-05-2016, 04:08 AM   #29

Quote:
Can I ask two questions?

As Bob said I doubt you will have any problem finding parks to stay in while in route.

I get up to the Goshen area 3 or 4 times a year. Was there the two days prior and the first day of the rally this year.

I was staying at Shipshewana South RV park and had reservations. That is 20 mile N/E of Goshen. Looked to me like there were several empty sites also. There are two others parked in Shipshewana and they were not near as full.

Russell
Old 09-05-2016, 07:43 AM   #30

Save now $$$$

Quote:
Can I ask two questions?

Reserve well in advance for best RV parks enroute.
It is SUMMER, not just a Rally, people are traveling.
Money is the ez part:
Rally for 2: about $500 PLUS
Travel expenses for fuel, food, overnights
Back up credit card for emergency ( might lose one)
Plan any tours and costs associated. Info found on previous years' costs are found on this forum under FROG Rally.
FLEA MARKET IS HUGE. Vendors, etc.
WE, personally, only go on plant tours. We have been to Amish country many times and return to our favorites. We have and love Amish crafted furniture.
A trip through rolling beautiful countryside has several turn ins to big barns where craftsmen are bz...
Most importantly, plan for emergencies. We had truck/RV troubles the day we left for the Rally and major problems enroute home:$3,000 worth!!
BE PREPARED. Just say'n!!
Old 09-06-2016, 10:15 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The Entire Timing for the Rally is Based Solely on Mike Stumps "FREE Sweet Corn" being ready to Harvest to GIVE to the FROG Rally! From now on address all Requested "Date Info" to Mr Mike! Youroo!!
That makes perfect sense! That sweet corn was delicious! And well worth the wait!!
"Yes sir, Mr. Stumps..... whatever you say, sir"!!!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
Old 09-06-2016, 11:36 AM   #32

I agree with everyone that the Sweet Corn was the Best I have ever had anywhere. We will be there with the rest of the folks if I can get registered again. We could go any time . Thanks Bob for all you do to make it happen.
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
Old 09-17-2016, 06:49 PM   #33
Rick and Sandy Dyer

FLASH!!!! No villages next year. No Columbus isles or Cedar Creek or anyother brand name will be allowed together. Guess what is I cant be with all my friends at the Tiki Hut I am not going

Rick and Sandy Dyer

2016 Cardinal
Old 09-17-2016, 07:10 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
FLASH!!!! No villages next year. No Columbus isles or Cedar Creek or anyother brand name will be allowed together. Guess what is I cant be with all my friends at the Tiki Hut I am not going
You got that from an official I assume! I do understand the concept of the mixing but, think that if you time your arrival with a crew you would be parked locally. That was my take on the info given.

Perhaps the Tiki hut could run a shuttle. I am preparing for my first attendance next year. There are forum members that I want to meet and heard that you could find them at the sign-in station. If that is not so, I will just bounce around until I see palm trees.

Might this be considered a scavenger hunt?

Old 09-17-2016, 07:28 PM   #35

No groupies

Well; been both ways. Can't say either was any different than the other. Met nice folk both times.
Personally, I would never want to be on the wrong side of track ever again . Still have mud in my shoes.
I am trying to rent an annual spot and even willing to work the Fair to get in!! I can be the security guard. I can be as good as Barney, maybe!!
If that doesn't work, I will pull them horses with my truck around the track...heck; it's only a year away!!
My goal is to win the lottery and buy the fairgrounds. Lease it back to The county. ( for an unreasonable fee of course).
FROG BOB AND CREW tried to do a Great job this year but it seems weather and big eaters took away from the event.
All in all; it was fun and we look forward to attending in 2018. Next year we need to scratch another bucket list item for our 50th anniversary; Banff and Lake Louise. No RV. 😍.
Thank you FROG BOB AND MRS. FROG. 😄
Old 09-17-2016, 08:01 PM   #36
Site Team - Lou

If your source is not F.R.O.G Bob, or Captain Mike, I would take any other source with a LARGE grain of salt.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:26 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverbackMel View Post
50th anniversary
Cool beans. Wish you many more...
Old 09-17-2016, 11:09 PM   #38
Rick and Sandy Dyer

Frog 2017

It was from Bob Frog.
Now this year the food was horrible. Cant be very good when you try to feed 1600 people. Bob and his wife did a great job in many areas but they cant be everywhere at once. All I am saying is that how can FR Techs find all the different units. Doesn't it make more sense to have each factory model in one place.. Easier to find, to service, and makes their job easier and supervisors can hold them accountable instead of trying to find them in a fair ground.'
I am not faulting anyone or putting blame but we must have some common sense. I have written to Pete Leigl and told him what a great job his crew did at the rally and how much I appreciated his commitment to service and personally told the same to Bob and his wife. So lets don't make it harder on people to do their job successfully and happily. If it is not broke why fix it

Rick and Sandy Dyer

2016 Cardinal
Old 09-18-2016, 12:29 AM   #39
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
It was from Bob Frog.
Now this year the food was horrible. Cant be very good when you try to feed 1600 people. Bob and his wife did a great job in many areas but they cant be everywhere at once. All I am saying is that how can FR Techs find all the different units. Doesn't it make more sense to have each factory model in one place.. Easier to find, to service, and makes their job easier and supervisors can hold them accountable instead of trying to find them in a fair ground.'
I am not faulting anyone or putting blame but we must have some common sense. I have written to Pete Leigl and told him what a great job his crew did at the rally and how much I appreciated his commitment to service and personally told the same to Bob and his wife. So lets don't make it harder on people to do their job successfully and happily. If it is not broke why fix it
I said no such thing, and at this point I assume that there's no point in my discussing it further and being misquoted again.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 09-18-2016, 06:43 AM   #40
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
I said no such thing, and at this point I assume that there's no point in my discussing it further and being misquoted again.
And there you go ...
Closed Thread

Tags
frog