Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #61

Smile

So sorry to hear of the accident but happy to hear that Ginger is recovering, slowly but recovering is always good news. Carson, that little trooper is a tough little guy and we are happy to hear he's healing and doing well. We pray you all get back to normal and we'll look forward to seeing you in Goshen, We will not be able to make Branson this year.
Please keep us posted on Ginger's progress.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Hi guys. Hate to jump in like this but just for those of you who remember them from Branson an Goshen my daughter Ginger and grandson Carson were in a car accident two weeks ago. Carson had quite a lot of scrapes on the right side of his face and a black eye but he seems to be recovering well. Ginger on the other hand had a dislocated hip and broken pelvis and has just been released from the hospital and is in for a long slow recovery. Hopefully we will all be able to get our acts together by Goshen and possibly even Branson so we can get back together with some of you guys. Take care and travel safe. Old Guys
Holy cow, when it rains it pours. I know Carson is a real trooper and I'm glad he wasn't hurt badly. Sorry to hear that Ginger wasn't so lucky and I hope she has a speedy recovery. BTW, how are you getting along with your recovery from the broken hip?

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #63

ALL get well soon

GOODNESS GRACIOUS folks. So sorry to hear about the car wreck. We know Carson is a trooper and Ginger comes from pretty good stock. So now we have 3 generations on the mend up there. Thinking of you ALL as you heal up.
GET WELL QUICK. Take care of mommy Carson.

BOB and NANCY SCHORFHEIDE
1st, 2nd, and 3rd INTERNATIONAL F.R.O.G. RALLY Branson. MO.
1st, 2nd, and 4th INTERNATIONAL RALLY Goshen, IN.
BOBFIDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #64

I'm back from my out of country trip. For a while I didn't think Customs was going to let me back into the USA. Years ago when my passport photo was taken I was 60 pounds heavier and had a full beard. While in Mexico I shaved my beard off. Currently I don't look anything like my passport photo. I can't decide whether to grow the beard back or apply for a new passport. To be quite honest, I don't recognize myself when I look in a mirror.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 01-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #65

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I'm back from my out of country trip. For a while I didn't think Customs was going to let me back into the USA. Years ago when my passport photo was taken I was 60 pounds heavier and had a full beard. While in Mexico I shaved my beard off. Currently I don't look anything like my passport photo. I can't decide whether to grow the beard back or apply for a new passport. To be quite honest, I don't recognize myself when I look in a mirror.
How about Joyce, does she recognize you?

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #66

Hi guys. I think I am doing well with my broken femur. I go to see the orthopedic surgeon later this week. Hopefully he will lift some of my weight bearing restrictions so I can do a few more things around here while Joanne takes care of Ginger. By the way, I think our luck is improving. We had a big storm here last night and a large branch fell on our car. Fortunately there was little damage beyond some scratches. How about that. Old Guys
Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guys View Post
Hi guys. I think I am doing well with my broken femur. I go to see the orthopedic surgeon later this week. Hopefully he will lift some of my weight bearing restrictions so I can do a few more things around here while Joanne takes care of Ginger. By the way, I think our luck is improving. We had a big storm here last night and a large branch fell on our car. Fortunately there was little damage beyond some scratches. How about that. Old Guys
Alright now lets stop all this crap. you guys are to nice to have all this dumped on you. Lay low and don't walk under any ladders or step on sidewalk cracks.. maybe stay in the house and stay away from open windows.
I think you guys have had enough drama for a while.
nice to hear the broken femur is getting better. Stay safe and please keep us posted on the mending of the whole gang. See you all in Goshen.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #68

Thanks George. That was my chuckle for the day. We will keep you posted from time to time. Now let's get this thread back to the Branson rally. I don't want to be known as a hijacker. Old Guys
Old 01-21-2013, 08:04 PM   #69

Currently we have 12 confirmed rigs for the Branson Rally in June. The list includes 3 rigs from the Oklahoma FROGs, 4 rigs from Missouri, 1 from Iowa, 1 from Wisconsin, 1 from North Carolina, 1 from Mississippi, and 1 rig from Ontario making this another “International Rally.” We have a few folks who are still thinking about coming to the rally.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #70

We live in Branson. Have never been to FROG event. Would like to come by, probably not in RV.
Do you all have scheduled activities. Please let us know how this event works.
Thanks
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #71

and still 5 months to register!! Looking forward to June!

Felicia & Jeff - Missouri
2013 Columbus - 320 RS 2012 F350 CC DRW - 6.7L PSD
2012 Camping 59 DAYS; 2013 50 DAYS; 2014 WAITING
Earth Station is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:41 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsthetwoofus View Post
How about Joyce, does she recognize you?
I did have problems the first couple of days. I really did not recognize him as Bob. After a few days, however, I realized he was the same wonderful man I married 39 years ago.
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:36 AM   #73

Currently we have 15 rigs confirmed for the Branson rally June 3 – 6. There is still plenty of time to call the ABC campground and make a reservation. The campground is on the winter schedule so you will probably have to leave your name and phone number so they can call you back to make your reservation.

Since Puxatony Phil predicted an early spring, perhaps the campground will change back to their normal operating schedule sooner.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #74
Director, FROG

It sounds as if this is really shaping up to be a fun event. Many thanks to Bob and Joyce for heading this up.

Bob and Nancy Schorfheide have been doing events in Oklahoma for some time now, and they have a volunteer who has stepped up to make arrangements for this month's dinner at Bass Pro Shop.

We're working with a couple in Florida who have volunteered to organize a rally in Kissimmee at Tropical Palms in April. He found a great rate, and FROG will be providing a barbecue dinner. Watch for more information on the FROG website, FRF, and Facebook soon.

The OMI group (Ohio/Michigan/Indiana) is working on an outing for May, likely in Ohio.

We're still looking for volunteers all across the US and Canada to host a similar event in their areas. FROG will pick up the host's camping cost and provide a group meal, send attendance prizes, or help in another appropriate way.

Any takers?

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #75

Although I haven’t heard back from all the attendees yet, it looks like the Hillbilly Party will be a go. This show and the entertainers were raved about by one of the St. Louis FROGs I talked with in December. He said the show was a riot and the music was fantastic. The real bonus for this show is that it’s at the campground’s indoor pavilion and no one will have to deal with Branson traffic to attend.

Rumor has it that Petunia is dressing as Minnie Pearl for the show.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 02-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #76

Oakman, thanks for warning everyone that I am going as Minnie Pearl. I plan on practicing my "Howdeee!!! I'm just so proud to be here!!". I told my daughter I was going as Minnie Pearl, and she asked "Who is Minnie Pearl?"
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #77

Branson Rally

We will be in Branson on these days, but are staying at Treasure Lake. If it would be ok, we would sure like to stop and meet everyone.

2001 GMC 2500HD Duramax
2013 Columbus 320RS
bobbyv53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #78

Yes, do stop by the campground and say howdy.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 02-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #79

There are still a few sites available for anyone who wants to join us in June for the FROG rally at the ABC campground in Branson, MO. Be sure to tell them you're with the FROG rally when you call.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788
Old 03-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #80

Alright, two more have registered for the Branson Rally. Mathsub and hotrodj125 notified me today that they will be joining us. This brings us up to 17 rigs and I still have three or four more sitting on the fence.

If you plan to join us please remember to mention that you are with the FROG rally so that you are given the rally rate for your campsite.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
ATU Local 788

Tags
branson