Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #41
Cardinal Gerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDawnB View Post
So just to clarify....the only options are Wed - Tues......or Fri - Sunday???

We are interested in joining again, but this is much more complicated than it has been in the past.
Hey Dawn,

These are the only arrangements we could make with the park this year.
We certainly hope you and Ron can make it again this year.

Gerry
GerryReviea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:31 PM   #42

We made the rally last year and Golden Village was very nice. Don't know how you do it Gerry but thank you for all the work you do to put this together. You will never please everyone but those who "wine" and don't make it are missing out. We hope to make it again this year just making sure schedule works out.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:32 PM   #43
Director, FROG

Gerry and Linda have been doing a great job with this event, and we appreciate all of their hard work in making it a success.

The park is trying to get away from making the reservations and handling payments for group rallies, and I don't want to impose those chores on our volunteer hosts, with the responsibility for handling funds, processing refunds, and all of the other arrangements that they already make. That's a big part of the reason that we're moving to online registrations not only for this event but for others as well.

In addition to making a single payment to the resort for all of the sites, we'll be providing them with all of the information on RV sizes, slides, and other information to allow them to assign sites.

Once registered, though, you can extend for additional nights either before or after the event by contacting the resort directly.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:53 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
We made the rally last year and Golden Village was very nice. Don't know how you do it Gerry but thank you for all the work you do to put this together. You will never please everyone but those who "wine" and don't make it are missing out. We hope to make it again this year just making sure schedule works out.
Just to clarify.....not WHINING....as we have been to the last 3....and yes, Gerry and Linda are amazing host and do a wonderful job! However, the communications between those who wish to go and socialize and participate for not quite as many days or maybe a few more than what is being offered are getting run in circles when contacting the resort directly. I was told that we would not be able to stay in the same area as the rest of the group if we didn't stay the whole time. That's not any fun....we have met some great friends and spent many trips with them outside of just this event. It's fun hearing about everyone's adventures and learning from their successes as well as their mistakes!!
Maybe for the next event, there is an option to select the number of days you are choosing to attend....but hey , just a suggestion and who am I to judge!! 🤷🏽*♀️

Gerry....thanks for your continued hard work on this event!
MommaDawnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #45
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDawnB View Post
Just to clarify.....not WHINING....as we have been to the last 3....and yes, Gerry and Linda are amazing host and do a wonderful job! However, the communications between those who wish to go and socialize and participate for not quite as many days or maybe a few more than what is being offered are getting run in circles when contacting the resort directly. I was told that we would not be able to stay in the same area as the rest of the group if we didn't stay the whole time. That's not any fun....we have met some great friends and spent many trips with them outside of just this event. It's fun hearing about everyone's adventures and learning from their successes as well as their mistakes!!
Maybe for the next event, there is an option to select the number of days you are choosing to attend....but hey , just a suggestion and who am I to judge!! 🤷🏽*♀️

Gerry....thanks for your continued hard work on this event!
MommaDawnB, after speaking with Traci at Golden Village Palms a few days ago we decided to add the "Mini-Pack" option for a three-night stay in addition to the full six-night option. Either way, you'll be parked with the FROG group. We did that primarily to accommodate folks who want to come but might not be able to get enough time off from "the w-word" to do the entire event.

There are limitations in the software package that we license that preclude our offering individual night options. However, once you've registered for the rally, you can extend either earlier or later by contacting the resort.

I hope this helps to clarify things, and that you'll be able to join in the fun.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 11:45 PM   #46
Site Team

California Dreamin' 2018

I was a bit anti-Hemet before attending the rally last year. For me it's not about the city but rather the interactions with other FROGs.

Last year I decided to attend the rally. During my stay one night I got brave and put on my swimsuit for a evening swim before the pool closed. Of course I took advantage of the hot tubs which happens to be something I often wished for while camping due to being pretty sore. I felt like Goldilocks testing out the 3 pools & 3 hot tubs for the right temperature.

I met a lot of nice people and been looking forward attending again this year Gerry & Linda really work hard to put together this event. Due to work I'm looking at the mini package. I just had a big surgery so I need to wait for clearance from my doctor before committing.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:39 AM   #47

Won’t make it this year. Made other plans before the mini-option was added. Enjoy! Maybe next year.
Bonniebp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #48
Site Team

PS
My comment about Helmet was related to a long drive picking up family members to visit someone in the hospital in Helmet. That drive seem to go on forever especially after taking my sister’s shortcut. Last year I can into Helmet from the other side and had a much different opinion of the city.

Old 04-14-2018, 09:07 AM   #49

Not heard much about the FROG rally in Hemet CA lately. Camille and I are looking forward to attending. Is the factory close by? I understand my Shockwave T29FSGDX was made there.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 09:26 AM   #50
Cardinal Gerry

Yes, the factory is in Hemet and we do have a tour scheduled on Friday of the rally.
There is much to do to keep our campers occupied while you are here.
Hope to see you there.
Old 04-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #51

I just signed up for the mini pack. We’d really like to do the factory tour, how early do we need to get there?

Keith
Kmartin760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:04 PM   #52
Site Team

When you arrive at the camp Gerry should have details about the tour for you. Last year we met at one of the campsites and carpool to the factory for the tour. He gave us the meeting time the night before.

Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #53

My concern is getting there too late on Friday. Maybe I’ll look into another night and coming late on Thursday

By the way Terier we met a couple years ago at Calico. We have the Stealth toy hauler

Keith
Kmartin760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:39 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmartin760 View Post
My concern is getting there too late on Friday. Maybe I’ll look into another night and coming late on Thursday

By the way Terier we met a couple years ago at Calico. We have the Stealth toy hauler

Keith

It will be fun meeting again and seeing how well my memory is (or not). [emoji4]

Old 05-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #55
Cardinal Gerry

Here is the latest from Hemet,

As campers begin arriving Wednesday, we plan an informal 'Meet & Greet' in the clubhouse about 4 pm.

Thursday and Friday are wine touring, gaming and socializing with happy hour and a 'Potluck' meal Friday in the clubhouse.
For the 'Potluck' make something to feed 6 to 8.

Saturday at 10 is the Forest River Factory Tour and at 6 pm the BBQ dinner by Sweet Baby Janes provided by Forest River.
Musical entertainment by Mandy and the After-dinner raffle.

Sunday is a day of exploring everything you missed the previous two days.

Monday is the last day for exploring and socializing.

Of course the resorts pools, hot tubs, horseshoe pits, pool room and pickle ball courts are available for your use.

Local attractions include Orange Empire Railroad Museum, with running historic trollies trains and buses, indoor skydiving at Perris Valley Airport, Antique auto museum in Menifee, wine tasting in Temecula, fishing at Diamond Lake, mountain community Idlewild, several golf courses and of course the Palm Springs Aerial Tram is just 40 minutes away.

We will have flyers with daily schedules when you check-in with us.

Plenty to do.

Gerry & Linda
Old 05-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #56

Also a car show in Fallbrook. Vintage car show Sunday May 27.

Jack
jaherbst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 10:14 AM   #57
Cardinal Gerry

Registration cut-off

Just a quick note on the 2018 California Dreamin' rally:

Registration will close on May 11 so if you haven't made your plans,now is the time!

Linda and I are looking forward to seeing you all there!
Old 05-02-2018, 10:19 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryReviea View Post
Just a quick note on the 2018 California Dreamin' rally:

Registration will close on May 11 so if you haven't made your plans,now is the time!

Linda and I are looking forward to seeing you all there!
Here's the link to register:

https://www.eventbee.com/v/frog/even...60745#/tickets

Old 05-07-2018, 09:41 PM   #59

California Dreaming

We are new TT owners all of 1 week and I think this sounds like a first trip. Will we call the RV park or schedual and pay through some other way.

Definitely interested!
Kstan529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:24 PM   #60
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstan529 View Post
We are new TT owners all of 1 week and I think this sounds like a first trip. Will we call the RV park or schedual and pay through some other way.

Definitely interested!

There’s a link to register in post #58. Registration will be closing in a few days.

I’m going too. See you there!