Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2020, 05:45 PM   #121
Site Team - Lou

For 30amp campers - You should invest in a 50 amp male to 30amp female adapter.

Not everyone will need it BUT

It might be hot when you arrive and it will suck if cooling off in your camper had to wait until you got back from Wal-Mart or Menards to buy one.

For 50amp campers - You should invest in a 30amp male to 50amp female adapter. While you most likely will not need it, finding one might be problematic if you ever do.

Same with a Y water adapter. MANY sites will share a single connection between 2 or more campers. Getting one with a shutoff will prevent you losing water while your neighbor is hooking up.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:14 PM   #122
PhD, Common Sense

Are we going to be spacing the campers, using fewer sections of grounds, or both?

If the campers are going to be spaced out, wouldn’t the chance of sharing pedestals be vastly reduced?

Not that it will be a problem for us. Arriving on Saturday, we’ll probably get first crack at the pedestal.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 06:42 PM   #123
Site Team - Lou

So the lion share of campers will be parked in the NW camping area (400s) (FHU) and there is normal fairground separation between campers.

We are also using the Maple Street along the Fence (FHU) parking with normal fairground spacing.

There will be parking along Locust across from the Meadow FHU (200s) with normal fairground spacing.

There will be some parking in other 200 area FHU spots (4 in R-Pod and a few on Maple South).

There will be quite a few FHU spots in the south 200s and along Ring Road that we don't plan on using at this time due to distance from the center of things, very limited shuttles, and, no tractor people movers. If you feel you must be located away from other campers, please contact FROG Bob at the FROG office and we will most likely be able to accommodate you.

Most sites will be pre-assigned by site number. Some will be "hobo" parked as you arrive, but the area you will be parking in is pre-assigned.

So if you have NOT indicated a parking preference when you registered (like you want to park with a friend), then plan on meeting up somewhere and ARRIVE together.

I HIGHLY encourage that you phone FROG Bob with this kind of request so we can plan ahead for it. Last minute stuff will most likely wind up in lesser desirable spots.

If this is your first rally, Google Earth will give you a terrific overview of the Fairgrounds.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:51 PM   #124
PhD, Common Sense

This is our third rally. We are familiar with the layout of the fairgrounds. We stayed in the r-pod village, one year at the far end, and the other at the near end, next to the class A we travelled with. We will be traveling with them again this year, arriving on Saturday.

Will the r-pods be in the same place this year?

I know that any answers you give are subject to wild changes, especially this year.

I already sent Bob a message regarding our traveling together.

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2020, 09:56 PM   #125
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
This is our third rally. We are familiar with the layout of the fairgrounds. We stayed in the r-pod village, one year at the far end, and the other at the near end, next to the class A we travelled with. We will be traveling with them again this year, arriving on Saturday.

Will the r-pods be in the same place this year?

I know that any answers you give are subject to wild changes, especially this year.

I already sent Bob a message regarding our traveling together.

Thanks.
Joseph,

I do not see a parking request for your registration; nor do I see a motorhome who requested to park with you.

Please send me a PM with your parking request and include who you are traveling with and I will see what I can do.

Include F.R.O.G. Bob as he is very busy as you can imagine.
If you requested by telephone, apologies, it did not make the most recent update.

Herk
Old 07-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #126
PhD, Common Sense

I resent the PM, this time to both of you.

We wouldn’t try to call you guys. You two are probably way too busy to drop everything to answer calls, so I thought PM would be best.

The credential police will be there again this year, so tell Bob to wear his!
Old 07-08-2020, 05:05 PM   #127
Enjoying Life

Will a vendor list be published before hand as in previous years?

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #128
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
Will a vendor list be published before hand as in previous years?
Yes, that list is being populated right now.
Obviously lots of flux due to Covid 19 and show cancelations.
Old 07-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #129
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
I resent the PM, this time to both of you.

We wouldn’t try to call you guys. You two are probably way too busy to drop everything to answer calls, so I thought PM would be best.

The credential police will be there again this year, so tell Bob to wear his!
Bob and Cindy where their credentials everywhere they go.
They don't need no stinking badges!
Old 07-09-2020, 12:22 PM   #130

Any thoughts on when responses to those who submitted as volunteers will get their offer letters?
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #131
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorSam20500 View Post
Any thoughts on when responses to those who submitted as volunteers will get their offer letters?
Just know Bob is scrubbing the list. I will know when I get my letter.
Old 07-09-2020, 11:54 PM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Just know Bob is scrubbing the list. I will know when I get my letter.

Happy to hear I haven't necessarily been scrubbed off yet.
Old 07-10-2020, 06:37 PM   #133

Can anyone that’s been to the rally before, give a heads up on what type of food that is served?
hillsvillehokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 06:52 PM   #134
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsvillehokie View Post
Can anyone that’s been to the rally before, give a heads up on what type of food that is served?
Its buffet style (at least it has been in the past - I think they have a plan for Covid mitigation so it might be a tad different this year.)

Breakfast is usually some style of eggs, a meat (sausage or bacon), cereal, donuts (OMG Amish Crack!) or muffins, SOS and biscuits if not eggs. Different every day.

Dinner is buffet. One night is the most delicious BBQ you ever tasted. Usually two choices and you can have a portion of each.

Please just one portion of each! Loading up so you have some for lunch tomorrow will screw the last folks in line. I believe the caterer will be be serving all stations this year to prevent that.

It is NOT all you can eat; the food is planned so everyone will have enough. Once everyone has had a chance to go through the line there is a call for seconds. The time from the first set of tables called to the last is pretty long when we were feeding 1800 people, but with only 250 or so it should go pretty quickly.

The volunteers put different colored plates on the tables and the Bob randomly picks the color order every night. He does make sure that the same color is never first twice.

That what you were looking for?

Herk
Old 07-10-2020, 07:10 PM   #135
PhD, Common Sense

IMO, the food is excellent. They offer two different entrees, so if one is not to your liking, the other one almost certainly is.

Sides and deserts are also top-notch.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:31 PM   #136
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
IMO, the food is excellent. They offer two different entrees, so if one is not to your liking, the other one almost certainly is.

Sides and deserts are also top-notch.
We will have the same caterer this year too.
Old 07-10-2020, 07:53 PM   #137
Georgia Rally Coordinator

All sound great as I will be returning to this rally after a 5 year hiatus. Even tho its scaled back from my first there are filks that are returning that I met the first year and looking forward to attending. My first year that i attended the food was excellent and it sounds like this year will be also. See ya all there. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:06 AM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsvillehokie View Post

Think large wedding buffet with 2 meat choices and you won't be too far off. While working I went to a number of work related conventions at big hotels. Food at the rally has been better than what I got at many of the conventions. Just don't expect gourmet dining!
Old 07-11-2020, 11:06 AM   #139

Because the crowd will be much smaller this year than usual, meals will be served in the Elkhart County Community Center (ECCC), the building where the seminars have been held the last couple of years. This building is air-conditioned and has a much better sound system than Building "A" has. ECCC is able to accommodate all attendees for meals, while maintaining "social distancing."

Nelson's BBQ will be the caterer again this year. (Nelson's is the caterer that everyone seems to like, and has been the caterer every year except one.)

For those of you who are attending- especially the first-time attendees - I hope you have an enjoyable time at the rally and visiting Elkhart County and the surrounding area. I wish we were able to attend again this year, but unfortunately, that just isn't possible.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 04:52 PM   #140

Mike, we are going to miss you and Yvonne this year! Be healthy!
nanannjen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog