Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2015, 05:52 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit819 View Post
Interested, gotta check with the love bubble and check schedules.
Great! We would love for you to come join us!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:26 AM   #82
Citrus County, Fl.

Bump to get this up for people to see. Come join the fun.
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:12 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
Bump to get this up for people to see. Come join the fun.
Thanks! I want to keep this in front of folks. Please consider joining us for this rally. The more we have the more we can plan to do. All suggestions will be considered, but some ideas require more folks to be feasible.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 07-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #84
Citrus County, Fl.

I did pm a couple that lives South of me in Floral City. They indicated that they would like to attend. I advised them to call and make their reservations and either post on here or pm you. This was a couple of days ago and they are not forum addicts like we are
99 Terry 31G
Old 07-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #85
Citrus County, Fl.

I just confirmed there will be at least one vendor at the rally who will bring a few units to show off and will also be staying there all three nights.

This is starting to get exciting.
99 Terry 31G
Old 07-18-2015, 01:55 PM   #86

Ok things are starting to gel ! Nice work
Old 07-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #87

We are headed home from vacation tomorrow. I hope others of you are considering joining us September 17, 18 and 19 for the Florida F.R.O.G. Rally in Williston. I want to really drill down and plan some fun times for us to get together and get to know each other. Everyone is welcome!!
Old 07-26-2015, 03:31 PM   #88

So if we showed up on Saturday - Monday would there still be others hanging around to meet with? Just got the invite & it sounds fun (& DH & I cook pretty good if potluck would be then!)

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:07 PM   #89

Some of us have to leave on Sunday. Would be nice to meet tho....
Old 07-27-2015, 12:28 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Without Whine View Post
So if we showed up on Saturday - Monday would there still be others hanging around to meet with? Just got the invite & it sounds fun (& DH & I cook pretty good if potluck would be then!)
We will be there until checkout time Sunday, but please feel free to come, whatever days you can. We would be happy for you too. I took vacation days on Thursday and Friday, but will not always be able to do a Thursday night.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #91

Wish we could make it but we do not come back down to Florida until the end of September for the winter. Maybe another time.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin & Judy View Post
Wish we could make it but we do not come back down to Florida until the end of September for the winter. Maybe another time.
I am sorry you can't make it. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to schedule rallys from fall through spring due to snowbirds descending on the state. They grab up the sites and we have a hard time finding places to camp during our beautiful weather months.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 07-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #93

Plans are starting to come together! I still have not heard from Bob with F.R.O.G about help with catering costs. I am sure he is crazy busy with the Goshen Rally at this point. If we cannot have monetary assistance from them, is everyone o.k. with paying for the catered meal? I have not gotten any prices, but have started looking to see what is available in the area. I am trying to line up a band for entertainment on Friday or Saturday evening. It will depend on when the band can come. They do not charge anything other than food and drinks. They play a variety of music, especially tunes from the 50's, 60's, 70's, an up, so I think most will enjoy the music.

Here is the potential schedule. Please give me input about whether this suits your wants and desires or not. We can do more or less. This is a jumping off point.

Thursday - Meet and Greet -- 8:00 until... BYOB/soft drinks and an appetizer to share. Will have an icebreaker game and possibly more games, depending on the desires of the group.

Friday - Catered Meal. Hopefully live band music either Friday or Saturday evening.

Saturday - Pot Luck Dinner. Hopefully live band music either Friday or Saturday evening.

Does anyone want a pot luck breakfast or lunch sometimes during the weekend?

We can have a time to get together to do hand work or crafts, if anyone is interested. We can plan a day trip Friday or Saturday afternoon, if interested.

Invite others, even if they do not own a Forest River product. Tri-Am RV from Ocala will have several units there for us to tour. Also, is anyone interested in having an Open House, where others can tour your unit?

Please start giving me feedback so I can be sure to have activities that folks are interested in. I have never been to a Rally, let alone organized one.

Sheryl

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 07-29-2015, 12:08 PM   #94

Sheryl, we are fine with paying what's needed for catering or fun. We can also arrive early to do things or welcome arrivals. Let us know what might be needed. Great job!!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:21 PM   #95

I vote for live band on Saturday (& would be happy to pay for catered meal if on Saturday as we won't be there Friday). Always feel it is better to camp & miss Monday rather than Friday ;-).

Suggestion on pot luck .... we always have a huge chili 'cookoff' at one of the music festivals we go to ...everyone brings a crock pot full & their own spoon & bowl ... Can either vote with everyone by ticket or simply first empty crock pot wins ....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 02:04 PM   #96

Thanks for the response, Jerry and Life Without Whine. Hopefully the band will be able to play, but I am letting them decide which night is best for them. We can certainly plan to have the catered meal on the evening they play (assuming they can make it), but I thought it might be best to have the catered meal first. In reality, it probably does not matter. A chili cook off sounds like fun. Will it still be too hot to really enjoy chili though? I guess not if we have other options, such as salad. We could also have a contest for breads that go along with chili, such as corn bread, rolls, etc. if folks are interested. Thanks for the ideas! Keep 'em coming!

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 07-31-2015, 01:08 PM   #97

Catered meal

We will be happy to pay for the catered meal, and to bring something for a Pot luck meal as well. Music any time is all good.
As newbies, we are looking forward to gaining any and all info, tips, and advice you all can provide. Maybe a Q&A session, or something similar. Might be a little warm still for chili, but good chili just calls for more cold drinks!
We are planning to be there Thursday, if we can help, will be glad to do whatever.
Thanks, Robert & Ann
pelican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:16 AM   #98

Hey CG, we plan on being there, just haven't called the cg yet. We are on the road to Goshen, and try and call Today. I am find we paying for meal and also doing pot luck, and music doesn't matter to us. Looking Forward to meeting Everyone. See All of You Guys After Goshen.......☺☺☺
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:24 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by plshilo View Post
Hey CG, we plan on being there, just haven't called the cg yet. We are on the road to Goshen, and try and call Today. I am find we paying for meal and also doing pot luck, and music doesn't matter to us. Looking Forward to meeting Everyone. See All of You Guys After Goshen.......☺☺☺
Have a great trip to Goshen! We will be anxious to hear about your trip. I'm so glad you will be able to join us in September. It will give us all a chance to meet fellow campers and hopefully form some friendships.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
Old 08-01-2015, 02:43 PM   #100

Hey CG,
Ok we are in....right next to you in 309. I can talk to Bob and get whatever information you need or want about a Rally, (just shoot me a pm on that) as to the pot luck breakfast...wife thinks that may not work unless people have the right pans to keep everything Hot????but will go along with the group..just me thinking outloud. Anyway will take lots of pictures in Goshen to let you all see.....
plshilo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog