Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #21

The crew that did the FROG rally in Kissimmee are considering SNF (as well as others) for their next outing, it's in the beginning stages for possibly October....
Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #22

DH liked your Lake Manatee, Myakka suggestions too.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
DH liked your Lake Manatee, Myakka suggestions too.
Well if we start planning some trips, and the attendance will only build when everyone finds out how much fun we all are!
FloridaPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #24

April & October are tough months for us to do group events. 2 birthdays in each month! Our kayaking & camping group does a huge biannual event in Homosassa, in April & October... and we almost always miss due to that. Of course, those are the best camping months.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #25

Williston Crossing does look good. The yearly rate is really cheap too. I would guess they have people who stay permanently or come and go using the same space.
1998 Coachmen Leprechaun 31Q

Tonk Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 06:17 AM   #26

Ok, so check for some possible dates and throw them out there and let's see who bites The only camping weekend I'm actually holding is a trip to Tropical Palms for Labor Day ~ waiting on some friends to let me know when they're ready to book.

Rick Smith may be helpful to chat with ~ I'll watch for further developments....
Old 04-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #27

Hi, Phil!

Rick & I just finished hosting the Rally in Kissimmee at Tropical Palms 4/18 thru 4/21. I'm sorry you weren't able to join us! A good time was had by all and we are now looking into forming a Nationally Sanctioned Florida F.R.O.G Chapter.

If you get a group together for that weekend in June, please ask anyone interested in a Florida chapter to send Rick an email at ricklsmith53@hotmail.com We're trying to get as many interested parties as possible to send us their info. We are going to start planning a Fall Rally either in Sarasota or Seffner and are aiming for October.

We would love to join you in June but right now we have a big (for us) trip planned in the weeks ahead up to Maryland and also want to save to go to the national rally in Goshen later this summer. Alas - I only get so many vacation days a year.

Good luck with the planning of your weekend. If we can help you by answering questions please let me know!!

Debbie Smith
debsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 AM   #28

Where do you guys camp at Weeki Wachi? I was looking at campgrounds online last night and found the state park but didn't see anything about camping. I vote we find someplace we can cool off, a spring sounds good, or a pool of course..... I haven't been to WW in years.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancythecamper View Post
Where do you guys camp at Weeki Wachi? I was looking at campgrounds online last night and found the state park but didn't see anything about camping. I vote we find someplace we can cool off, a spring sounds good, or a pool of course..... I haven't been to WW in years.
Who are you asking?

We haven't camped at Weeki Wachee. We've only been there for the park (I've only been there when it was a privately owned park) and hubby has gone diving there. I understand it's changed a lot in the 10 years since I've been there. Now there is a water park, but separate from the state park.

We have camped up 19 at Chassahowitzka River Campground (private). Chassahowitzka is one of our favorite rivers to kayak.

2014 Coachmen Mirada 35BH

previous owner of
2014 Rockwood Mini-Lite 2306
dkb74 is offline   Reply With Quote