Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #1

Goshen 2014

Are the dates set for the 2014 rally? Want to plan early so we don't miss out on the fun.
Ole Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas flamingo View Post
Are the dates set for the 2014 rally? Want to plan early so we don't miss out on the fun.
Around the first of the year.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Around the first of the year.

Turbs
Mighty cold and lots of snow in Goshen that time of the year!

John U
2010 Born Free 22RSK
midnightpumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #4

Looking forward to the dates. Sure don't have to worry about cold weather on the Texas coast,although we did have a white Christmas a few years back. Did'nt lat long tho.
Ole Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:24 AM   #5
Ham Radio since 1970

I have heard tga
Nights camped '14: 51 '15: 134 '16: 149 '17: 171

N9ID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:27 AM   #6
Ham Radio since 1970

I have heard that the 2014 rally will be the same week in August as this year. So my guess would be the first full week in August. Nothing official.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #7
Director, FROG

Actually, it is official. We announced it at this week's FROG Rally.

August 3-9 in Goshen.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #8
Ham Radio since 1970

Bob, I posted that before you made the announcement. Didn't want to make it sound official since I don't have that kind of FROG power. :-)

Old 08-10-2013, 09:45 PM   #9

registration form? Want to get it in early.
swannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #10

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Actually, it is official. We announced it at this week's FROG Rally.

August 3-9 in Goshen.
We must be first on the list Bob, you already have our name tags.

<a href=https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic9630_4.gif target=_blank>https://www.forestriverforums.com/att...gpic9630_4.gif</a>
Itsthetwoofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightpumpkin View Post

Mighty cold and lots of snow in Goshen that time of the year!

John U
Sorry I meant that's when "official "
Word comes out!
As well as sign up.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:57 AM   #12

Have not made it back home yet. But we are ready and in for next year. Were's that count down timer Phrank?
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #13

I wish the FROG people could reconsider the dates (actually days I guess) at some point.

Right now, the event runs Sunday through Saturday. If you work (which some of us still unfortunately have to do), having the 2 weekend days on different weekends makes it harder to attend.

I wish the 2 weekend days (the Sunday & Saturday) were back to back days in the same weekend (i.e. have the event run Saturday through Friday or Monday through Sunday).

Here's why that would be good: People could then go for the 2 weekend days + some portion of the weekdays that they could get off work (assuming it's possible to go for, say, half the time).

Kind of hard to explain without pointing at a calendar so hopefully this makes sense.

Perhaps something to consider for the future...
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #14

Actually it could still work well for you. Many sis have to be back for work tomorrow, Monday.

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
CheezPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:53 PM   #15

Sorry hit send too soon. What I was stating was : leaving Friday night or Saturday could get you in to Goshen on Sunday late afternoon evening. There is a meal on Sunday night but not much else going on so even if you came in late Sunday that could work. The rally ends on Friday after dinner but things do slow down on Friday so you could even leave earlier as some did. The busiest days are Monday to Thursday night. Hope that helps you to think about coming next year!

FRF & FROG member
Rallies 12 & 13, Cherry Blossom 13, Branson 13... More to come!
CheezPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #16
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmlac View Post
I wish the FROG people could reconsider the dates (actually days I guess) at some point.

Right now, the event runs Sunday through Saturday. If you work (which some of us still unfortunately have to do), having the 2 weekend days on different weekends makes it harder to attend.

I wish the 2 weekend days (the Sunday & Saturday) were back to back days in the same weekend (i.e. have the event run Saturday through Friday or Monday through Sunday).

Here's why that would be good: People could then go for the 2 weekend days + some portion of the weekdays that they could get off work (assuming it's possible to go for, say, half the time).

Kind of hard to explain without pointing at a calendar so hopefully this makes sense.

Perhaps something to consider for the future...
Paulmlac, good suggestion, and one that we'll consider.

Here was our thinking in setting the schedule as it is:

For those who are working (assuming a Mon-Fri schedule), we thought that having the FROG Rally start with dinner on Sunday would give them Friday evening, all day Saturday, and much of Sunday to travel without having to take off days the week prior to the event. Similarly, finishing with a light breakfast on Saturday would give most of Saturday and all of Sunday for travel without having to take off days the following week.

Overall the thought was that those within about 600 miles would only need one week off of work. If we started on Saturday or ended on Sunday, travel would require taking off additional days the week before or after.

That was our thought process, but we'd welcome hearing from anyone who thinks something else would work better.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #17
Owner/Operator

Quote:

For those who are working (assuming a Mon-Fri schedule), we thought that having the FROG Rally start with dinner on Sunday would give them Friday evening, all day Saturday, and much of Sunday to travel without having to take off days the week prior to the event. Similarly, finishing with a light breakfast on Saturday would give most of Saturday and all of Sunday for travel without having to take off days the following week.

Overall the thought was that those within about 600 miles would only need one week off of work. If we started on Saturday or ended on Sunday, travel would require taking off additional days the week before or after.

That was our thought process, but we'd welcome hearing from anyone who thinks something else would work better.
And Bob that is a very logical scenario. It explains very well that the days for the Rally were not arbitrarily chosen.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #18

Quote:

Makes sense. I was probably thinking too closely about my situation. I am from the Cincinnati area so its not quite a full days drive. In other words I could drive up Friday night after work or early Saturday. But I get what you're saying about folks that have a further drive. I am assuming its permissible to attend just half the event - may need to look at the schedule and figure out if the first or second half would be better. Thanks for the response!
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up
paulmlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #19
Mod free 5er

I think the way it was scheduled this year makes perfect sense for those working. Leaves Fri after work and all day Sat and part of Sun for travel, week of rally and leaves Sat and Sun for travel back home. Only 1 week vac needs to be taken. Of course for some of us more fortunate ones that are retired, we don't really worry about that nasty "W---" thing anymore.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 AM   #20
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Of course for some of us more fortunate ones that are retired, we don't really worry about that nasty "W---" thing anymore.
You have that right. And it'll give some of those young whipper snappers something to look forward to.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote