Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #1

Goshen Evaluation

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate this year's rally, one being awful and ten being awesome. Feel free to explain your rating...

Let me start by rating our first time experience as an unqualified 10.
First and foremost, we enjoyed meeting other interesting and friendly campers from around the country (and Canada). The wine and beer tasting event was probably the highlight for us. We have definitely made lifetime friends at this event and look forward to crossing paths with them many times as was wander around this beautiful land.

Secondly, I'd like to say a word about the amazing service we received from the FR Sabre Employees, manager Carey Jones and Technician Dennis Fanning.

These two extraordinary young men provided exemplary service to us on our 2013 Sabre Fifth Wheel. Despite extreme heat, rain and humidity, Dennis spent hours in the mud under our rig disassembling the underbelly to successfully replumb a faulty Sani Flush system, reroute a misplaced brake cable and replace a non functional water filter. Carey was right there much of the time, advising, assisting and supporting Dennis and making sure that we were satisfied with the work.
In the course of evaluating our needs, we pointed out to Carey a faulty extender mechanism on one our lounge chairs. The hardware was irreparable. Imagine our surprise when Carey told us we could receive brand new chairs to replace the old one since the original ones were no longer available ! That same day, with Carey's help, we became the proud owners of two theater seats we absolutely love!
Meantime, Dennis repaired a faulty pocket door that had broken loose from its hangers due to a missing support guide.

All of these services were performed at no cost to me by these two hard working gentlemen with courtesy, humor and a strong sense of wanting to please me, the customer.

We are very fortunate, indeed, to have the services of Carey and Dennis and to have purchased a vehicle with the Forest River logo.

In conclusion to this rather long posting (sorry) is just like to say:" God willing and the creek don't rise , see you next year in Goshen!"

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Renogy Solar Suitcase
Progressive Industries EMS
Sea Eagle 420 Tandem Inflatable Kayak
Jimsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 05:46 PM   #2

These are the type of comments non-attendees love to read about. And from the Sabre support team no less. I'm already clicking on the sign up page at FROG trying to get registered for next year. Great eval Jim!

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
These are the type of comments non-attendees love to read about. And from the Sabre support team no less. I'm already clicking on the sign up page at FROG trying to get registered for next year. Great eval Jim!
X2. That was encouraging to read. We were supposed to attend this year but had to cancel 3 weeks before it started. We definitely will try again in 2017. Thanks for the comments.
CTMDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:32 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

glad to hear they took care of you.... the sabre crew took greatest care of us last year too. It was a different crew (gary Grimsby et al) but still excellent attention paid to us.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:43 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Glad you had a good time hanging with the Phat Phrogs ad was good meeting you! We do tend to have a good time wherever we go!

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:41 PM   #6
Just A Member

X2 on meeting the Phat Frogs and the beer tasting party. Great bunch of people. Also loved Sye's tiki hut.
2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L Max Tow
EDABEUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:46 PM   #7
Just A Member

We also rate our first rally as a 10. Coachmen went out of their way to fix anything and everything. Were here at my site everyday fixing something. Also LCI and Dometic fixed all that was needed and more. Just got a new awing installed today and didn't even ask for it.
2013 Silverado 1500 4x4 6.2L Max Tow
EDABEUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 02:38 PM   #8

Missing Goshen already...got back to Grand Rapids just as Tornados hit. Fortunately, the Sabre is unscathed thus far.

Renogy Solar Suitcase
Old 08-20-2016, 03:16 PM   #9

Goshen

Wine tasting party? Where was that? We didn't hear anything about a wine tasting party.
Juju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 05:57 PM   #10

We had a wonderful time at the Rally! It was so great to catch up with old friends and meet new ones. I want to give an extra shout out to the service department. Our experience was fantastic and these men and women work so hard to make things right. Not only did they do what we had on our list but they did a quick walk around our camper and noticed a few small things that we wouldn't catch and attended to those items as well. To top it off, they came back several days later to see if they could do anything else and to see if we were happy with their service. We participated in the Brown Bag Tour and all I can say is WOW! It was much more than we expected. The Rally was very well organized. Their welcome teams and parking teams did great! It was so awesome to have the " taxi" service wherever you looked to help and transport people to where they wanted to go. Hats off!!! We'd like to thank Frog Bob and Cindy for their hard work! We will sure be back!!
Mary Beth

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #11

Well, I actually saw Three bottles of wine..two Thunderbird and one Boonesfarm, I believe. However, after a few snorts of Iggy's Frog Juice, The wine could have been a 1957 Chateau LaFitte and I wouldn't have known. Beer seemed to be the Taste of Choice for the evening.

Renogy Solar Suitcase
Old 08-20-2016, 08:10 PM   #12

For a first timer not knowing what to expect, I was disappointed , the Sunday nite meal ruined the whole week for us, and from what I heard it never got any better, we didn't go on the Tuesday brown bag tour because of all the heavy rain. lost that $150 bucks. Service was great by all of the Lippert guys. Yes we will go back and give it another try. I never ran out of beer but going to WalMart for ice was a pain
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #13

Our Frog Juice was a great hit all over the Rally. Next time may have to bring 5 gal or more. We went through a little over 3 gals this year.
&
Our Baby Dachshund
Cammie
ramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:14 PM   #14
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Was you there this year, we did not see you?
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #15
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juju View Post
Wine tasting party? Where was that? We didn't hear anything about a wine tasting party.
Where the Phat Phrog's were parked over by the draft horse barn
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:15 PM   #16

This being our first ralley we did not know what to expect.We were parked out in the green hay field so were somewhat isolated from some of the activities.The food thing on sun night should have been considered nothing more than a learning experience,more people than ever before +moveing the serving lines to a different location + The first night trying to make everything work like it should = a result that some people would consider not acceptible.Nancy and I roll rather easy with things like this and even though I got the LAST slice of ham and some salad,it was no big deal,if it is/was, just pick up your cell and order in a pizza hut.See? Problem solved!I couldnt find any wine to taste though,so that WAS a bummer.The trips (at least ours) went fine and were professionately done.The service people bent over backwards to do way beond what was originally ask of them,they get 2 gold stars as my wife would say.The parking,taxi,and all the other volentiers did a truly fine job as well.The entertainment was great as well,something for everybody!There again because it was our first ralley I would give it an overall rateing of 9,and thats pretty damn good for an event of this size.Next year we plan to return and do some volenteering of our own now that we know what goes on!

Oh yeah,the weather I give a 2 !!, but we couldnt control that!
trbomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 12:53 AM   #17
Site Team

Wish FR would do something like Goshen, for those of us on the West Coast.
Like at their Oregon or California factories.
2000 miles one way is a bit much.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:52 PM   #18

This was our first FROG Rally also. We were extremely pleased with the event overall. We met many good people who we hope to stay in touch with or at least see them at next years rally. The food was so-so but still eatable, I have had worse. I can not say enough about the service people. They were all fantastic! Since we have been back home I have been telling my regular camping group what they are missing by not owning a Forest River product. Overall I would rate it a 9.
Old 08-21-2016, 08:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramair View Post
Our Frog Juice was a great hit all over the Rally. Next time may have to bring 5 gal or more. We went through a little over 3 gals this year.

The Frog Juice was very good!👍🐸
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:45 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
For a first timer not knowing what to expect, I was disappointed , the Sunday nite meal ruined the whole week for us, and from what I heard it never got any better, we didn't go on the Tuesday brown bag tour because of all the heavy rain. lost that $150 bucks. Service was great by all of the Lippert guys. Yes we will go back and give it another try. I never ran out of beer but going to WalMart for ice was a pain
That was our problem too, no ice, our kids bought us an ice maker for the camper and that thing starts dropping ice in about 15 minutes we hav'nt had to buy ice for awhile now
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote