Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #161

Unfortunately, we have to cancel. We have a leaking black tank. It appears the straps that hold the tank up broke, the tank fell down and cracked the outlet pipe. Why a 45 gallon tank was only held up with two aluminum plumbing straps is beyond me.
-2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide (his)
-2004 Harley Davidson Fatboy (hers)
RVBikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:15 PM   #162

That's too bad. It can't be fixed before 2 1/2 weeks?
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:32 PM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
That's too bad. It can't be fixed before 2 1/2 weeks?
No, soonest we can get it back to the dealer is the same weekend of the rally. We need to get it in asap to avoid canceling other trips later in July & August
Old 06-05-2017, 02:08 PM   #164

You going to Goshen?
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
You going to Goshen?
no. maybe next year.
Old 06-05-2017, 10:05 PM   #166

Hello to all that are registered for the Gettysburg FROG Rally!

Please be on the lookout for a couple of emails in the next 24-36 hours. You will be getting two emails from Sign Up Genius, one each for:

The Pot Luck Meet and Greet Happy Hour on Friday evening

and for

The Farewell Pot Luck Breakfast on Sunday morning

Please take a moment to sign up for an item or two.

Looking forward to catching up with friends and meeting everyone!

-Dieselbobcat-

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 06:18 PM   #167

The first email for the Friday Night Meet and Greet should have gone out to everyone on the current list via email. If you are having trouble accessing the site or did not get the email, please visit the below link:

Gettysburg FROG 2017: Gettysburg FROG Rally - Friday Night Welcome!

The second email for Sunday breakfast will go out later this evening.

Thanks!
Dieselbobcat

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 06-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #168

The Sunday Morning Sign Up should have just gone out.

If you are having trouble accessing the site or did not get the email, please visit the below link:
Gettysburg FROG 2017: Gettysburg FROG Rally - Sunday Morning Farewell Breakfast

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 06-07-2017, 07:38 AM   #169

Bobcat, I replied to both of the potlucks with what we will bring and only received one confirmation back. Roberts is the name let me know if both were received, thanks
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:47 AM   #170

It has processed... if you use the link above, you will see the updated list of responses and items filled

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 06-07-2017, 10:40 AM   #171

Are there going to be any group battlefield or ghost tours?
Old 06-08-2017, 11:38 PM   #172

If no group tours planned, is there anyone who has been there before and can recommend activities?
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #173

EricNJ- there are many options to see and experience Gettysburg... it all depends on the amount history you are able to process all at once.... As for the battlegrounds, there are guided audio CD tours that you can take using your own vehicle, personally guided tours in your vehicle (Tour guide comes with you) and there are also bus and trolly tours. Or, you can wander around on your own... The NPS museum and rotunda are good to see if you have never been there before, will help you get your bearings and the general overview of the battlefields.

Additionally, there are ghost tours, horse drawn tours, walking tours, bike tours, you name it- they got it tours.

There is a section downtown that is loaded with shops and ice cream places... bit of a tourist trap but neat to see...

Along with the battlefields, there are other places of interest like Lincoln's train car, the site of the Gettysburg address, food tours, wine tours, etc...

Last year, we did do a walking ghost tour on Saturday evening... neat excursion and good for all ages

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 06-09-2017, 07:19 AM   #174

The Tour for President Eisenhower's Farm can Only be accessed by Bus from the Visitors Center! Just like stepping back into the 50s-60s! Youroo!!
Old 06-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #175

Hey, sorry I haven't been around a lot. 2017 has been a crazy year.

The Gettysburg travel center will have bags of brochures for everyone and discount sheets for around town.

"I need a time out, send me to the mountains and don't let me out until my attitude changes!"
BKBuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:42 AM   #176
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
We have visited Gettysburg several times. We enjoy the open top bus tour. They do a good job of touring the city as well as the battlefield. The Battlefield Visitors Center has a 360° Panorama 3D painting as well as a museum. There are also Ghost Tours. You will find plenty to do. You can also go to the national cemetery where Lincoln gave them Gettysburg address.
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #177

I would like to thank everyone for the quick responses to both the Friday Night Welcome and the Sunday Farewell Breakfast Potlucks.

We are still missing a handful of responses. Please take a moment to check that you have responded and signed up for a slot. If you are unable to attend either one of the events, please RSVP that you are not planning on coming - this allows us to change items as needed based on the number of people.

For everyone bringing an item on Friday night that might need a serving utensil - Please be sure to bring the appropriate utensil and be sure to label it with your name or site number so that it can be easily returned.

For those who signed up for the "Easy Option #1 and #2" for Sunday Morning - I will be sending a group email to work out who is able to pick up the orders. I will make the arrangements and have them ready for pickup... Maybe two FROGS could take a quick run and pick them up (Kennies Market is 2.5mi away) on Sunday morning.

For those who signed up for Bacon, Sausage, or Hash Brown- I will be providing you some aluminum half trays with lids - I will have a couple chafing frames set up for the pancakes, sausage, bacon and some of the baked items.

For those that are preparing Baked Items (Casseroles / Egg Bakes) - I will be providing you some aluminum half trays with lids. If it is possible to make your item in these trays, I will have chafers set up as well. Will make it easier for cleanup as well. The trays do fit in RV ovens as well as in most larger toaster ovens.

If you are having trouble accessing the site or did not get the emails, please visit the below links:

Gettysburg FROG 2017: Gettysburg FROG Rally - Friday Night Welcome!

Gettysburg FROG 2017: Gettysburg FROG Rally - Sunday Morning Farewell Breakfast

If you have any questions or problems - Please feel free to PM me through the FROG site or you can also send a message through the Sign-Up Genius Site.

You will receive an automatic reminder email for both of the gatherings two days prior to the event.

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 06-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #178

Hello Again Folks!

There has been some previous discussion with regard to a ghost tour or a battlefield tour. After discussing the lack of a planned group tour with BKBuilds, I have proceeded to make the following arrangements for our group - please be advised this is extremely time sensitive - I need to book the trip no later than noon this Friday:

2nd Annual FROG Gettysburg Rally - Battlefield Tour

-3 hour Gettysburg Battlefield Tour narrated by a licensed battlefield tour guide
-Private air-conditioned coach only for our group
-Tour will be rain or shine
-There is a total of 47 seats on the coach - I need to fill it in order to be able to run this tour.
-Cost is going to be $20 per person - This compares to $35 if you bought the same ticket at the counter...40% savings!
-Tour will depart the Gettysburg Campground on Saturday at 1:00PM and will return at 4:00PM (Will be back in time for dinner)

That's right folks, they will pick us up right at the campground! No driving...no parking...no worries!

I will be sending another Sign Up Genius tonight for those interested to reserve their spot. I am limited to 47 spots - they are first come - first serve. If we do not fill all the spots, I cannot book the tour.

Please take a minute to respond - if you are not interested, please RSVP as such.

If you have any questions or problems - Please feel free to PM me through the FROG site or you can also send a message through the Sign-Up Genius Site

If you did not receive the email or are having trouble with the site, you can follow this link:

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0b...bf49-2ndannual

Thanks!
Dieselbobcat

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 06-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #179

Thank you for the quick response to the Battlefield Tour! I am happy to announce the bus trip has sold out in less than 24 hours!

Please keep in mind this is a "gentleman's agreement". I am laying out the deposit for this trip out of pocket and have charged everyone's seats at the actual cost - there is no profit whatsoever. I based the cost on every seat being sold. If you are unable to attend the tour, please honor your obligation to buy your seat(s) or find another member to buy your seat.

See you there!
Dieselbobcat

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
Old 06-14-2017, 09:09 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselbobcat View Post

Thank you for the quick response to the Battlefield Tour! I am happy to announce the bus trip has sold out in less than 24 hours!

Please keep in mind this is a "gentleman's agreement". I am laying out the deposit for this trip out of pocket and have charged everyone's seats at the actual cost - there is no profit whatsoever. I based the cost on every seat being sold. If you are unable to attend the tour, please honor your obligation to buy your seat(s) or find another member to buy your seat.

See you there!

Dieselbobcat

Thank you for setting this up! Very excited about the trip and the tour. Looking forward to meeting everybody.
EricNJ is offline   Reply With Quote