Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Interested in having a RV related items yard sale at rally?
Yes 17 89.47%
No 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2017, 01:40 PM   #321

Still interested in the rally. Have to confirm some medical appointments around that time to see if we can attend.
Thanks
Wayne and Gayle
wfwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:59 PM   #322
Another adventure awaits!

Rally Kingston - Kingston Penitentiary Tour Ticket Sales

Kingston Penitentiary tour tickets go on sale at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, April 24, 2017!
Kingston Penitentiary tours offer a rare and unique opportunity to step behind the walls of Canada’s oldest and most notorious maximum security prison. Guided tours give you a close-up look at this amazing historical building and National Historic Site which predates Canadian confederation.

Visit www.kingstonpentour.com to buy your tickets! Choose from 2 tour options:

Standard Tour – 90 min. (6 years +) $35 plus HST and fees
The standard tour route has been updated and modified. New additions include reinstalled furniture in the cell and segregation ranges which will help you to imagine the lives of former inmates. Plus the Regional Treatment Centre’s Gymnasium has been added to the tour. The Gymnasium includes an impressive mural dedicated to the inmates and staff of KP. A French tour is available each day in the 12:00 noon time slot.

Premium Tour – 2.5 hrs (12 years +) $55 plus HST and fees
The new Premium Tours consist of smaller groups (up to10 people) and offers the chance for more intimate interactions with the retired Correctional Service Canada staff stationed at 6 posts throughout Kingston Penitentiary. This tour includes most of the standard tour stops plus the canvas and upholstery shops, school, recreational yard, Regional Treatment Centre Gymnasium, cell range, hospital, main gymnasium and laundry room. The premium tour will add historic, architectural and criminological components to your visit giving a more in-depth and immersive experience.

Les billets pour les visites guidées du Pénitencier de Kingston seront mis en vente à compter de 10 h le lundi 24 avril 2017!

Les visites guidées du Pénitencier de Kingston offrent une occasion rare et unique de pénétrer dans l’enceinte de la plus ancienne et célèbre prison à sécurité maximale du Canada. Les visites guidées vous permettent en outre d'examiner de près cet imposant édifice du patrimoine désigné lieu historique national, dont la construction précède la Confédération canadienne.

Rendez-vous au www.kingstonpentour.com pour vous procurer des billets! Deux choix de visite vous sont proposés :

Visite guidée régulière – 90 min (6 ans et plus), 35 $ plus TVH et frais de traitement
Nous avons modifié et amélioré le circuit de la visite guidée régulière, et y avons ajouté, entre autres, des meubles dans les rangées de cellules ordinaires et d'isolement pour que vous puissiez vous faire une meilleure idée de la vie que vivaient les anciens détenus. Nous avons également joint, à la visite guidée, le gymnase du Centre régional de traitement dans lequel vous pouvez observer une fresque impressionnante réalisée en souvenir des détenus et du personnel du Pénitencier de Kingston. De plus, nous offrons une visite guidée en français chaque jour à midi.

Visite guidée privilège – 2 h 30 min (12 ans et plus), 55 $ plus TVH et frais de traitement
La nouvelle visite privilège réunit un plus petit groupe de personnes (jusqu'à dix) et donne à celles-ci l'occasion d'échanger de façon plus personnelle avec les agentes et agents à la retraite de Service correctionnel du Canada qui se trouvent aux six différents postes à l'intérieur du pénitencier. Cette visite guidée comprend la plupart des arrêts de la visite régulière ainsi que l’atelier de réparation des toiles et l’atelier de rembourrage, l’école, l'aire de loisirs extérieure, le gymnase du Centre régional de traitement, les rangées de cellules, l’hôpital, le gymnase principal et la buanderie. La visite guidée privilège comporte également un volet historique, architectural et criminologique afin de vous faire vivre une expérience encore plus immersive et détaillée.

Copyright ©2017 Parks of the St. Lawrence, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
13740 County Road 2
Morrisburg, ON K0C 1X0

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list
Old 04-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #323

Will a group be going from the rally to tour the jail or should we just book on our own? I have heard that the tours fill up fast. Before we book I was wondering what other activities are planned?

Maris
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 12:25 PM   #324
Kanadian Kamper

Update for Rally from Host site 43

A few arrive early in the week of June 12, 20+ on Wednesday, and the bulk of 40+ attendees on Thursday June 15. Whenever you arrive and check in with the office, get yourselves set up and drop by to say hi with us at site 43. You'll see we're pretty central to the entire Rally area on sites 1-111.

Both breakfasts will be in the Banquet Hall Friday and Saturday morning, along with the FROG sponsored dinner Saturday evening.

If you revisit Holly's message a few postings back, you find there's lots of links to activities in the area. Start reviewing your interests now in order to book in time.

We'll be having our on site seminars and discussions both Thursday and Friday mornings at our rig. A few topics have been mentioned so far, and any new topics may come about at the meet and greets daily and campfires nightly.

Is there anyone interested in attending as a group of 25 or more people, to take in the Rockport 1 hour Boat Cruise of the 1000 Islands at 1pm Friday June 16.
Group pricing is only $16 including tax. Money would be collected at the Rally. Rockport is only 50kms/30miles along Hwy 401 from the Rally Site. Travel time should be well under an hour and free parking is available on site.

We need to know ASAP as we are tentatively holding for a group confirmation from ourselves with Rockport Boat Cruises.

Please chime in here to let everyone know as soon as possible.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD
and if we ever need it, can be pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:49 PM   #325
Canadian Member

Ken, do you want a response here or via email?
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #326
Kanadian Kamper

I'd like to see some activity here on the forum. It's kinda quiet given the number of people that are booked to attend. Email is good, but on here, the others can see if there's interest.

Just like the RV yard sale pole at the top here, not too many responses, and I was hoping more people would be following along and contributing.

Rockport would like to know if there's a group coming or not, as soon as possible, for group discounts and knowing there's capacity on board for people.

I'm not putting up a deposit, and there would have to be money colllected at the Rally before arriving so we can buy the tickets at the same time at the reduced price.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD
and if we ever need it, can be pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Old 04-25-2017, 04:48 PM   #327
MaddyCatBus

Hi Ken and Terry,
Glenn and Joan would like to join the boat tour from Rockport. We are from the area and know that it will be a very good tour from Rockport which is in the centre of the Thousand Islands. Rockport's boats can get into the smaller channels that the bigger tour boats cannot and the staff is local and knowlegable.
We tried very hard to get tickets for the premium Kingston Pen Tour (it's on our bucket list) but the site crashed and when it came back up was sold out in a few hours. There are still some regular tour tickets available and they say there will be limited walk up tickets available.
We are looking forward to meeting and enjoying our time with you all.

Joan and Glenn
Enerloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:49 AM   #328

Hi Ken & Terry

Ken & I would love to attend the boat cruise on Friday. I was thinking of trying to get Kingston Pen tour tickets today. I guess it may be too late. Great to get updates. Thanks for taking over & all the work you're doing Ken & Terry. This will be our first time camping ever with full hook ups. Arriving on Wednesday & may need some help & advice.

Maris &'Ken
Old 04-26-2017, 05:05 AM   #329

Hi again all

Just purchased tickets for 2 for the 10:30 Pen tour on Thursday. It looks as if there are lots of tickets left for regular tours.

Maris & Ken
Old 04-26-2017, 07:47 PM   #330
Kanadian Kamper

Hi Maris...

Congrats on getting to for the Kingston Pen. It was a sellout last year, and I'll bet the same this year.

I don't know what kind of rig you guys have, but first time with full hookups? There's others that wouldn't have it any other way.

By days end on Wednesday, there'll be about 25 rigs, and I'm sure you'll have more than enough help getting set up. Make sure to drop by site 43 and introduce yourselves to Terry and I.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Counting the days now.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD
Old 04-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #331

Would like to have 2 tickets for the boat tour. Also, will need a one way ticket for my little Scottish buddy.
Randy and Cathy Hatton

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:16 PM   #332
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Would like to have 2 tickets for the boat tour. Also, will need a one way ticket for my little Scottish buddy.
Randy and Cathy Hatton
Why do i only get to go one way I'd like to go both ways
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:39 PM   #333

Well, it's a whole $16.00 dollars, I figured you would spend $8.00 and swim back saving you a bunch of dollars. I know how your Scottish instincts kick in.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 08:39 PM   #334

Ten of us are interested in the Thousand Islands tour. See you soon! Lori
Old 04-27-2017, 09:51 PM   #335

Boat tour

We would like to take in boat tour(2) but we do not have a tow vehicle.Will there be any car pooling?If not it is okay.Our first rally and very excited.
Thanks,
sunseekercamper56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:47 AM   #336

Hi Ken Terry. We have added a date to our trip out to Kingston we are coming in on the Wednesday give us more time to settle in and get ready for a great time. Looking forward to doing my talk on WiFi security. Veepapa
veepapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #337
MaddyCatBus

Car Pooling

Hi to Sunseekercamper56, We will have one of our cars with us and you could ride with us. Glenn and Joan
Enerloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:36 PM   #338
Roy

Boat Tour

Please include us (2) in the boat tour.
Roy & Shirley Kenney
Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:22 AM   #339
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowbubba View Post
Well, it's a whole $16.00 dollars, I figured you would spend $8.00 and swim back saving you a bunch of dollars. I know how your Scottish instincts kick in.
I'll pay the full price, swimming in Canadian water in June could be hazardous to my health, my ice breaking abilities have weakened with age
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:29 AM   #340

No Idea

I have no idea if this is where I post anything. But whoever is in charge of Kingston rally I have 6 people interested in Fridays boat tour.
johngeboers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canada