Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

View Poll Results: Interested in having a RV related items yard sale at rally?
Yes 17 89.47%
No 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2017, 05:16 AM   #361

The wheels on the bus go round and round[emoji590]
gussie01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #362
Kanadian Kamper

School Bus quote......Arrrrrrgh!

Good thing I checked back with a phone call instead of relying on the emails back and forth.

When I confirmed the price of approximately $400, the lady said that would be for one School Bus. I advised her that my original quote was to transport 100 people, and even full size School Buses only seat 48 adults (12 rows times 4 people per row split by an aisle down the middle)

Now she says that needs 2 Buses minimum....no kidding. Her new price quote was just over $500 tax included, if she's right on this total. The additional kicker......

Payment is required up front!

Being we won't all be together until the day before the Boat Cruise....this isn't a viable option. Guess we're back to car pooling.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:03 PM   #363

Has anyone been near or at camp ground to see if any issue with water on our sites? I do not know but if this rain keeps up I am starting to build the ark and I plan to take two of each two Georgetowns two Brookshires two you know the drill. Lol. V
veepapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:14 PM   #364

I hear that Chief Black Cloud is attending the rally. Installation of periscopes is highly recommend. He was there when Aquaman earned his name.

What could go wrong?
lowbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 01:30 PM   #365

Copy that. V
Old 05-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #366
Kanadian Kamper

I've told you FROG members a million times, not to exaggerate!

It can't be that wet, and I know that because Terry and I were just at Rideau Acres yesterday when the fleet just came in to dock while we visited. Don't all campers carry hip waiters on board as standard equipment?

In all seriousness, I discussed the situation of any flooding inside the park with the staff yesterday afternoon. They had just calmed down from the long weekend crowds that were camping, and none of the sites were out of service with standing water or flooding.

Should be good to go. If you haven't already, I suggest you start packing.......or as that IKEA commercial goes.......

START THE CAR......START THE CAR!!!

Ken and Terry
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 05-28-2017, 02:41 PM   #367
Kanadian Kamper

3 weeks from today.....

3 weeks from today a lot of you will already have packed up and be heading home. Hopefully with some great memories and a list of new friends.

Just letting you know....

Today, Terry and I are sitting out in our backyard and the thermometer is showing just nicely over 20C.....that's about 72F for our American attendees. We live just an hour West of Rideau Acres overlooking Lake Ontario, and there's hardly a cloud in the sky. There's just enough of a breeze to keep the bugs away, but not enough to not enjoy shorts and a T-shirt. We're hoping the Rally weather will be a repeat.

I've been slowly prepping our rig for the party, we've been gathering up Rally goodies, and figuring what needs to come and what can stay behind. We're starting to feel like little kids just nights before Christmas.

How about you?

Ken and Terry
Old 05-28-2017, 08:25 PM   #368

We are getting ready to get ready! Can't get the camping season kicked off soon enough. Looking forward to seeing everyone
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:43 AM   #369

Hi all ok I just want to say I am not building the ark anymore lol this weather is going to cooperate but being an x boater I still am putting bumpers on the side of my RV lol.
Looking forward to meeting everyone and we will have a great time I have some of my friends camping at Redue this week and they are having a great time.
Get ready to rally woohoo. V
Old 06-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #370
Kanadian Kamper

7 day weather forecast at Rideau Acres

Here's the latest forecast through to next Monday. I could give you the proposed forecast past that but.......let's be real. Do you really believe they know what's gong to happen even this far ahead?

I'll update when the weekends arrives.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...u-acres-resort

Meanwhile.......get packing and get your party on for Kingston 150. 🐸 🐸

Ken and Terry
Old 06-07-2017, 12:12 PM   #371

Biking

Hi All

Getting very excited. Glad to hear that all is dry. We started our camping season last weekend at Presqu'ile Provincial Park in Brighton, On. We arrive on Thurs. May 26th. It was raining, of course. Our waterfront site was fairly dry. There was a gravel pad that wasn't too soft. Some of the other sites were under water. On Sunday afternoon the Warden came around to tell the remaining campers that the park would be closing on Monday and everyone had to leave. They called people at home to tell them not to come & Sunday night, there were only 6 trailers (ours included) left in the park (there are 300 campsites there).
On to biking now. I love to ride, but it looks like a fairly small park. Does anyone know the area? Is it worth bringing my bike?
See some of you on Wednesday & the rest on Thursday. Looks like we may have nice weather.

Maris & Ken
Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:35 PM   #372
Canadian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maris View Post
Hi All

Getting very excited. Glad to hear that all is dry. We started our camping season last weekend at Presqu'ile Provincial Park in Brighton, On. We arrive on Thurs. May 26th. It was raining, of course. Our waterfront site was fairly dry. There was a gravel pad that wasn't too soft. Some of the other sites were under water. On Sunday afternoon the Warden came around to tell the remaining campers that the park would be closing on Monday and everyone had to leave. They called people at home to tell them not to come & Sunday night, there were only 6 trailers (ours included) left in the park (there are 300 campsites there).
On to biking now. I love to ride, but it looks like a fairly small park. Does anyone know the area? Is it worth bringing my bike?
See some of you on Wednesday & the rest on Thursday. Looks like we may have nice weather.

Maris & Ken
Hi, Maris. We were also booked into Presqu'ile Provincial Park for May 26 and 27 but we heard the park was half under water. We called the main office at the park and they confirmed that they were calling people to let them know and they allowed us to cancel with a full refund.

I'm not familiar with the Rideau Acres so I can't help with that but you could take the bicycles to the 1000 Islands Parkway just east of Gananoque. There is a very nice bike path all along the parkway which follows the waterfront. It was originally going to be the route of Hwy. 401 so they had cleared a swath wide enough for the divided highway, but at some point the decision was made to move it to where it is now. What would have been the westbound lanes is now a bike path.
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:36 PM   #373
Kanadian Kamper

I can't comment on the area immediately around the campground, however, I have travelled the 1000 Islands Parkway lots of times and it has an extensive separate paved trail alongside the road for the entire Parkway. You'd have to transport the bikes by car to get there, but the scenery is not to be missed.

You might call the campground directly to see if there's other suggestions by them. 613-546-2711

See you guys soon.

Ken and Terry
Old 06-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #374
Kanadian Kamper

Itat types way faster than me.

Ken and Terry
Old 06-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #375
Kanadian Kamper

Duke is ready Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3971.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	375.8 KB
ID:	140436 at Canada 150 registration

Ken and Terry
Old 06-07-2017, 04:50 PM   #376
Canadian Member

If you're really adventurous, you can ride to the 1000 Islands Bridge and walk across the bridge for free (it's a CAD$2.50 toll for cars). When I was a teenager, I had a summer job working in the gift shop that's immediately south of the bridge and I rode my bike from the Village of Lansdowne, 3 miles north of the Parkway, and walked it over the bridge 5-6 days a week. It's a beautiful view standing at the high point. When the transport trucks go by you just close your eyes and hang on!
2011 Rockwood Signature 8293SS (2015 - 2018)
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 05:21 PM   #377
MaddyCatBus

You're right, ITAT about the bridge. I've done it too when I was young. There is also the K&P trail and many bike friendly places around Kingston that are rideable from Rideau Acres. Middle road and Highway 2 both are decent places to ride. Looking forward to this.

Joan and Glenn
Enerloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:34 PM   #378

We will be there sometime Thursday around 1:00 looking forward to seeing everyone.
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 07:43 AM   #379
Kanadian Kamper

More activities to consider!

The weatherman is pulling out all the stops for our Rally. Some of the best weather this season is just starting up and looks to continue through all of next week.

Just recently, it was announced they've opened the entire Rideau Canal to the public....delayed this year because of record high water levels. This enables direct access from Rideau Acres Campground for anyone with canoes/kayaks as part of their personal toys to travel with. A number of attendees are bringing their units, so if you weren't sure, bring your contribution to the flotilla to show FROGS your hobby beyond camping on dry land. For others interested, there are rentals available for a charge from the campground.

It's looking to be a great time, with great weather, with great people.

See you all in just a few days.

Ken and Terry
Old 06-09-2017, 10:17 PM   #380
Another adventure awaits!

Hi all ... I'm very sad to say that due to unexpected issues at work for both my husband and I, we will no longer be able to attend the rally. Was hoping to at least get to Rideau Acres to say hello and meet all of you, on Thurs and Fri night, but unfortunately that is no longer possible either; duty calls. Hope you will all have an amazing time ... enjoy all that the Kingston area has to offer. Wishing you all the best! Hopefully there will be another Kingston rally in the near future. You will be in good hands with your hosts Ken and Terry.

Tags
canada