Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2017, 06:18 PM   #1361
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Once again thank-You BamaBob, this is what I get for trying to let people see what they missed..
Wawawa Thanks to Bob all is well.
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-55
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:55 AM   #1362

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Wawawa Thanks to Bob all is well.
You really got to learn how to play NICE IN THE SAND BOX..

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 08:23 AM   #1363

Quote:
Thanks BOB, I tried and couldn't do it. To answer you NO I do not have Mac, but the Litchi app seems to record in it, So you have to load it to Y-Tube first then provide a link to it on the forum?
Yep - and it should not matter if you have a .MOV, .AVI, or .MP4 file - they all upload to Y-Tube and Y-Tube has a proprietary streaming CODEC. Only thing you will notice is it is quicker if you upload with a streaming CODEC (too hard, so I do not bother).

Use your Google account, sign on to your Y-Tube channel and upload your videos. Y-tube will provide a short URL; paste that URL into the Forums and you are done!

Quote:
Why can't I just load straight to the forum? ?
(The Forums can't accept video uploads as big as those generated by the AGI P4/P4 Pro)

Quote:
You need to get one before your big trip. I could just imagine seeing Alaska and your trip...
Huh...you mean like this?

Found a refurbished one on Amazon for the price of a Standard!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3P-en-800_01.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	142475  
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:28 AM   #1364

I got my forum name changed...

Mel
Toothpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #1365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toothpick View Post
I got my forum name changed...

Mel
Ya and we know the story behind it also How is it doing? Glade ya got it changed. One thing about it I will now know who you are. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 06-23-2017, 09:41 AM   #1366

Quote:
X 2. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 06-23-2017, 09:59 AM   #1367

Quote:
I have to Question that Last Video, WD must have a "Twin Brother" because (1) there is No Drink" in his hand! (2) The Drone didn't "Crash and Burn" at the end! Good shots Glenn! Youroo!!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:44 AM   #1368

Glenn do you pilot with a Tablet or a SmartPhone?
Old 06-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Glenn do you pilot with a Tablet or a SmartPhone?
I use Both Bob, but I like the mini Pad 2, but you need one with cellular and WI-FI, The drone will connect via WI-FI between the drone and controller, but if you fly with the screen so you can see where and what your recording to adjust the camera angle. It is alot easier with the tablet. When you do the waypoints the larger screen is easier I have found. That's a great drone you posted, much better camera, alot more stable. There is a site on the forum or should I say thread that RJ told me about, so it's fun to talk and read what other members are doing. I'm planning a fly in here in Clarksville I have the field for the competition already, we have 6 CG"s within 10 miles of Town. It could be a fun weekend. It's our ball park with lights and everything. If you look at y-tube under Litchi you can see how it works and what it can do, It would be great for your trip trust me. Thanks again for posting the shots and the explanation.... PS: anything you need help on just ask, I think the thread on the Forum is just called "Drone"

Old 06-23-2017, 12:27 PM   #1370

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBob View Post
Yep - and it should not matter if you have a .MOV, .AVI, or .MP4 file - they all upload to Y-Tube and Y-Tube has a proprietary streaming CODEC. Only thing you will notice is it is quicker if you upload with a streaming CODEC (too hard, so I do not bother).

Use your Google account, sign on to your Y-Tube channel and upload your videos. Y-tube will provide a short URL; paste that URL into the Forums and you are done!

(The Forums can't accept video uploads as big as those generated by the AGI P4/P4 Pro)

Huh...you mean like this?

Found a refurbished one on Amazon for the price of a Standard!
I would jump on that deal, DJI makes them like new again. One thing I forgot to tell you, when you register it you will get what is called HD sync. That records your flight path automatically for you. With that you can also Plan your waypoints at home on your computer and transfer them to the bird. You just put in the zip code and use Google earth to do it. A battery will last you 23 mins. Buy a extra battery, takes about 1 and a half hrs to recharge. Very important, Get a backpac to carry it in, you with the electric bikes could then stop anywhere and let it fly. That's why you might need two batteries. Also if you lose range with the controller you set your RTH (return to home) That way when it looses a signal it will come back to you, also set your return to home atleast 200' ft. Just to make sure it clears everything but it will come back to you. Like I said JUMP on that deal, you will still get a year warranty on it...Talk to you later... PS: someone just posted a drone viedo of the rally in Goshen last year at the Cedar Creek group, check it out, under the Rally thread....

Old 06-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #1371

Quote:
I use Both Bob, but I like the mini Pad 2, but you need one with cellular and WI-FI, The drone will connect via WI-FI between the drone and controller, but if you fly with the screen so you can see where and what your recording to adjust the camera angle. It is alot easier with the tablet. When you do the waypoints the larger screen is easier I have found. That's a great drone you posted, much better camera, alot more stable. There is a site on the forum or should I say thread that RJ told me about, so it's fun to talk and read what other members are doing. I'm planning a fly in here in Clarksville I have the field for the competition already, we have 6 CG"s within 10 miles of Town. It could be a fun weekend. It's our ball park with lights and everything. If you look at y-tube under Litchi you can see how it works and what it can do, It would be great for your trip trust me. Thanks again for posting the shots and the explanation.... PS: anything you need help on just ask, I think the thread on the Forum is just called "Drone"

Glen, I just purchased the Mavic Pro. Just getting used to it but what a nice compact package for traveling.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #1372

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
Glen, I just purchased the Mavic Pro. Just getting used to it but what a nice compact package for traveling.
I here that is great one, one of the latest models, That one looks aerodynamic to me. I think it also has that great camera. Are you using Litchi or DJI GO ? I think the Litchi app is so much better, and you don't need the DJI updates. Some are good but a lot of complaints on the DJI forum, and people are rolling back. Post some videos on the drone thread. More and more of us are starting to get into it. You have great bird, not like my beginner one. Happy Flying.. PS: you going to Goshen? should would like to see it?

Old 06-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #1373

Quote:
X 2. Later RJD
Geez you can't let it go...

Old 06-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #1374

Quote:
Geez you can't let it go...
What is up with you. All you do, is complain about how I lost a video and then you can not even post it to you tube but you can do all this neat stuff with a drone. Give me a break dad. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 06-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #1375

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabbwr View Post
Well , its either trains or drones guess trains won out Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 06-23-2017, 02:29 PM   #1376

Quote:
OK quick question -- could I use my iPad Pro (12.9") to program the waypoints and then fly with my iPhone 7+? (Can I sync them?)

In the future I may get just a ipad mini as a dedicated flight controller (what would you suggest as minimum storage? 32G? 64?

Also why do I need both Cell and WiFi? I thought the ipad/iPhone tethered to the controller ??

[QUOTE=Witch Doctor;1542933]I would jump on that deal, DJI makes them like new again. Just to make sure it clears everything but it will come back to you. Like I said JUMP on that deal, you will still get a year warranty on it...Talk to you later..QUOTE]

It arrives today Glenn
Old 06-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #1377

Quote:
Well , its either trains or drones guess trains won out Later RJD

You should put a camera on the train just like drones. You can get some great footage of uhmmmm people's feet as it goes around in the circle.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:01 PM   #1378

Quote:
I here that is great one, one of the latest models, That one looks aerodynamic to me. I think it also has that great camera. Are you using Litchi or DJI GO ? I think the Litchi app is so much better, and you don't need the DJI updates. Some are good but a lot of complaints on the DJI forum, and people are rolling back. Post some videos on the drone thread. More and more of us are starting to get into it. You have great bird, not like my beginner one. Happy Flying.. PS: you going to Goshen? should would like to see it?

Brand new to me, so right now just using the DJI Go app. But plan on looking into the others. I have only flown a few times and with all the features it's going to be a long learning curve.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:33 PM   #1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusLwt001 View Post
You should put a camera on the train just like drones. You can get some great footage of uhmmmm people's feet as it goes around in the circle.
Matter of fact they do have a camera that can be mounted in the engineers side window. Just have not bought one yet. maybe for next rally we attend. Gives good shots of more than just feet. Later RJD
Days camped 2019 62
Old 06-24-2017, 03:51 AM   #1380

[QUOTE=BamaBob;1543027]OK quick question -- could I use my iPad Pro (12.9") to program the waypoints and then fly with my iPhone 7+? (Can I sync them?)

In the future I may get just a ipad mini as a dedicated flight controller (what would you suggest as minimum storage? 32G? 64?

Also why do I need both Cell and WiFi? I thought the ipad/iPhone tethered to the controller ??

Quote:
I would jump on that deal, DJI makes them like new again. Just to make sure it clears everything but it will come back to you. Like I said JUMP on that deal, you will still get a year warranty on it...Talk to you later..QUOTE]

It arrives today Glenn
This what I have learned, I use the 32G only plenty of space and power. You need Cell, because you are planning a mission on google maps with waypoints. I guess you can just use a WI-FI model if you had a hotspot, but you may not have that capability if your carry it with you in your back pack carrier. Yes it does connect with WI-FI ( recommend the back pac) the reason is it is molded on the inside that the bird fits in with the controller and batteries. I bought a hard case one, which was a mistake. Bob you can just use your i-phone and not a tablet but its alot easier to use an I pad. As you fly you will see what the bird is recording.( i like the bigger screen) By FAA rules you are suppose to only fly with VLS (visual line of site) . You will see many flights on y-tube that people will send the bird over 1and 1/2 to 2 miles away by waypoints, once you hit run mission it sends it to the drone, even if you lose contact the bird will finish the mission by itself. You have 3 options with Litchie, When you lose contact either by distance or interference it will do the option you have programmed either land, hover, or RTH. The RTH will let it finish it's mission on it's own. DJI Go is a good app, plus you can put it in beginner mode until you get it down, beginner mode will limit height and distance. DO NOT have DJI GO and LITCHI on the same phone or tablet, they do not play well together, As Mac stated above there is a learning curve, My biggest fear is losing it. But I have found that not to be true. Get some extra props, I went through a few learning and getting better. Do not buy the ones on Amazon they are knock offs. Get them from the DJI store kept an extra set with you. Hope that helps a little, wish you would have had it at the Rally I could have shown you some tricks. I'm not even close to using all the options and programs yet. (still Learning to)also I learned a lot on the Phantom Pilot forum. Happy Flying to both you guys....

Tags
frog