Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 12:33 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Nashville to Goshen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Give Beth a hug for us Rennie. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anne-Marie & I are looking forward to seeing you two at Nashville! And then on to Goshen in whatever capacity (although with 700+ rigs and pre-registration being closed this morning I suspect they will need every volunteer they can get )

Goshen is just over 400 Miles from Nashville - a rather long pull, especially if we convoy which would be awesome to see if we had 10 or so rigs!!

*Shrug* It's doable if we leave out early. For me, I would prefer a overnight on the way.

The route we took last year was great until we left the interstate at Ft Wayne LOL.

Any route suggestions appreciated!!

As for stopovers -
Bowling Green: Corvette Museum & Plant tour (Would make for a long pull the next day though)
Along the way in IN, only place I am familiar with is Camp Atterbury - but you have to have a military ID to stay there

And wherever we go, do NOT Camp at the KOA in Jeffersonville! We stayed there once and were so close to our neighbors we could not out our awning out

Seems like a good caravan plan would be to find something that is just over 200 MI from the Nashville CG - anyone familiar with Indiana speak up!
I agree on over night stop, it is after all a Vacation!! BTW not being Military or ex Military is zero dark thirty a specific time or a drink served to Phrogs?
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #2

Here is a spot Timberline Valley RV Resort and MapQuest said 5 hours & 13 minutes from Nashville then 2.5 hours from there to Goshen. Keep in mind I look for campgrounds to accommodate our big rig but I am flexible. Last year we came from just above Bowling Green and it was close to a 7 hour trip with only one bathroom stop.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
I agree on over night stop, it is after all a Vacation!! BTW not being Military or ex Military is zero dark thirty a specific time or a drink served to Phrogs?
HAHA Brian Maybe it is a drink - we will have to see

In military terms though, it is slang for anytime after midnight and before dawn e.g. "We got up at zero dark thirty this morning for PT (Physical Training)."

The Movie Zero Dark Thirty took its name from the fact that UBL's compound was raided in the pre-dawn hours.

You think us former SF folks have oddball slang? You should her the Navy and Marines

Who really wants to go to the bathroom in "The Head"
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #4
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
[QUOTE=HSVBamaBob;862302]HAHA Brian Maybe it is a drink - we will have to see

In military terms though, it is slang for anytime after midnight and before dawn e.g. "We got up at zero dark thirty this morning for PT (Physical Training)."

The Movie Zero Dark Thirty took its name from the fact that UBL's compound was raided in the pre-dawn hours.

You think us former SF folks have oddball slang? You should her the Navy and Marines

Who really wants to go to the bathroom in "The Head" [/QUOTE Perverts maybe!
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Here is a spot Timberline Valley RV Resort and MapQuest said 5 hours & 13 minutes from Nashville then 2.5 hours from there to Goshen. Keep in mind I look for campgrounds to accommodate our big rig but I am flexible. Last year we came from just above Bowling Green and it was close to a 7 hour trip with only one bathroom stop.
Soooo in deference to OC, back on task

We saw a sign for that CG when we were coming back from MI this week. Looks like a NICE CG, and all the water activities will be a welcome relief from the summer heat

Now the question is, how many are going to caravan up to Goshen...if it turns out to be 3+ rigs, we should contact the CG and see if they can accommodate us.

So, roll call...who is going to Goshen after Phrog Music?
Old 05-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
Left Coast

Nashville to Goshen

Quote:
Give Beth a hug for us Rennie. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

Anne-Marie & I are looking forward to seeing you two at Nashville! And then on to Goshen in whatever capacity (although with 700+ rigs and pre-registration being closed this morning I suspect they will need every volunteer they can get )

Goshen is just over 400 Miles from Nashville - a rather long pull, especially if we convoy which would be awesome to see if we had 10 or so rigs!!

*Shrug* It's doable if we leave out early. For me, I would prefer a overnight on the way.

The route we took last year was great until we left the interstate at Ft Wayne LOL.

Any route suggestions appreciated!!

As for stopovers -
Bowling Green: Corvette Museum & Plant tour (Would make for a long pull the next day though)
Along the way in IN, only place I am familiar with is Camp Atterbury - but you have to have a military ID to stay there

And wherever we go, do NOT Camp at the KOA in Jeffersonville! We stayed there once and were so close to our neighbors we could not out our awning out

Seems like a good caravan plan would be to find something that is just over 200 MI from the Nashville CG - anyone familiar with Indiana speak up!
Caravans suck....nobody travels at the same speed, nobody wants or needs to stop at the same places, nobody want's to change someone else's tire, and I could go on and on. If I'm capable of getting from here to there, then I can the rest the same way....I'm not anti-social....just done that, been there.
Old 05-13-2015, 02:54 PM   #7

Nashville to Goshen

So who is going from Nashville to Goshen? we can use this thread to plan our convoy.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #8

HA HA you beat be to it! Let me go delete my duplicate topic 😜

Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
Old 05-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #9

Anne-Marie and I are with you and Beth Renie!

And [to Bob S.] if we organize and have a known endpoint CG for the day, you can at least start out in Caravan. If you decided to split off for whatever reason, we'll see you at the CG that evening 😃

I DO recommend everyone caravaning have a radio - suggest a FRS because they are less expensive than a CB And those of us with FRS can loan any extra handsets to other rigs for the trip to Goshen.

Even if you are not interested in caravaning all the way, we could arrange a rally point close to Goshen, meet there and arrive en masse 👍(believe a lot of the Cardinal owners group did that last year)

Sent from my iPad Air using FRF App for iOS
Old 05-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #10

Seems like a good caravan plan would be to find something that is just over 200 MI from the Nashville CG - anyone familiar with Indiana speak up! [/QUOTE]

there is a nice county owned campground just north of Indianapolis "White river campground" indiana.

All the sites are concrete pads right along the White River. Great place for a stop over. Make reservations, it fills up fast.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #11

We go there often
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1431551128.012335.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	76876
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 04:10 PM   #12
Mod free 5er

FWIW, "Nashville to Goshen" thread is where they are going for the caravan to Goshen info, etc.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:00 PM   #13

I was also going to suggest a meet point as I know some people like to travel at their own pace, plus with stops for either bathroom, lunch & fuel not everyone is ready at the same times. So I think that would be great also, pick a spot to meet and relax and tell each other how your drive was. Those that want to travel together can and those that don't want to, meet at a spot for the night, or nights. Both works for us.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #14
DDC

We are heading from Nashville to Goshen.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I was also going to suggest a meet point as I know some people like to travel at their own pace, plus with stops for either bathroom, lunch & fuel not everyone is ready at the same times. So I think that would be great also, pick a spot to meet and relax and tell each other how your drive was. Those that want to travel together can and those that don't want to, meet at a spot for the night, or nights. Both works for us.
X2 this is a perfect plan!

So...for those interested what is your "I won't drive farther thanXXX Miles a day limit?"
Old 05-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #16
Left Coast

What happens when a large group shows up at the same time......the registration area turns into a cluster....remember this only 1 group....parking will be overwhelmed, if it's hot outside, the fur buddies will need to do their thing, you'll sit there idling, keeping the ac going, waiting for whomever to get parked........800 plus.....good luck. Even at Nashville, getting there a day early and leaving a day later, might keep the lines quicker. Lines only worked at the mess hall! Oh, think there will be any humidity, which if someones having a bad day and standing in a line, might not make for a pleasant time....just say'in.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:38 PM   #17
Left Coast

Quote:
X2 this is a perfect plan!

So...for those interested what is your "I won't drive farther thanXXX Miles a day limit?"
500 miles or till get a good case of Dodge butt!
Old 05-13-2015, 09:50 PM   #18

Send a message via AIM to B and B
We are travelling N'ville to Goshen but are we working? If not no rush on our part to get there fast. Rennie had a spot was a longer first day then arrive at Goshen en mass after a shorter drive day 2. If we are working we are parking our own selves so...

I don't drive 55 ...but not over 60-62 myself, the tires you know! So having meeting place is good.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:41 PM   #19

Mary and I are traveling from Nashville to Goshen and normally travel about 300 miles a day. Like the idea of leaving in a caravan and agreeing to meet at a CG if we get split up due to different stop times for breaks. If we were to stop for fuel all together the travel time could increase dramatically if we have to wait in line.
toylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #20
DDC

Would stopping south of Indianapolis be better timing, thinking that we would be hitting there at or during high traffic time.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote