Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2021, 10:15 PM   #1

NJ get together?

Hello,

I was curious if there is a desire to have a get together for members here in NJ. I posted in the Welcome Mat and many NJ campers welcomed me. I will set it up if there is enough of a want to have one in this thread. Also-

1)when? I figure later in the summer or in the fall, let the COVID numbers go down after most have been vaccinated.

2)Where? I'm thinking one close to the shore, making it a shore event may appeal to people and we can get a a decent turnout.
seels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:34 AM   #2

I would go-

I would be fun!
Old 03-04-2021, 12:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
I would go-

I would be fun!
Woo Hoo! Now we have 2.
Old 03-04-2021, 02:03 PM   #4

Not in NJ but we will let Jersey folks join us check out the rally link below, there are about 18 spots left. Brass Ring Rally

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-a-225015.html
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 02:11 PM   #5

Hey. We are up for a NJ get together. We are new to hard walls-just upgraded from a pop up. Love our 233S and looking forward to meeting other NJ-ians.
Choog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Not in NJ but we will let Jersey folks join us check out the rally link below, there are about 18 spots left. Brass Ring Rally

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...-a-225015.html
Nice.

I think the Nj thing if it gets off the ground will compliment your rally as I would try to get it to be late summer/early fall.
Old 03-04-2021, 04:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by seels View Post
Hello,

I was curious if there is a desire to have a get together for members here in NJ. I posted in the Welcome Mat and many NJ campers welcomed me. I will set it up if there is enough of a want to have one in this thread. Also-

1)when? I figure later in the summer or in the fall, let the COVID numbers go down after most have been vaccinated.

2)Where? I'm thinking one close to the shore, making it a shore event may appeal to people and we can get a a decent turnout.
I would be interested as well, but cannot commit at this time as we are just starting to plan our summer
coney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coney View Post
I would be interested as well, but cannot commit at this time as we are just starting to plan our summer
Looks like I will be away for all if not most of July. I have some weekends in June already planned.

In fact I will be at Otter's lake campground up in the Poconos thr week 6/21
Hard to Book campground but one of the nicer one in the area
Old 03-04-2021, 08:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by coney View Post
Looks like I will be away for all if not most of July. I have some weekends in June already planned.

In fact I will be at Otter's lake campground up in the Poconos thr week 6/21
Hard to Book campground but one of the nicer one in the area
I'm actually thinking more of an August/September date, mainly to let the COVID numbers go down, more people get vaccinated which will get more people comfortable and as a result have a better turnout.
Old 03-04-2021, 11:47 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm actually thinking more of an August/September date, mainly to let the COVID numbers go down, more people get vaccinated which will get more people comfortable and as a result have a better turnout.
I would suggest that you pick a place and a date pretty soon for August as shore campgrounds get booked fast. September is usually easier to book but may be harder for some folks to get away
Old 03-05-2021, 12:06 AM   #11

Quote:
I’m super interested, but COVID is actually cause for my hesitancy. I’m being very cautious after having lost a dear friend to this hateful beast of a virus. Def not up for a visit to an amusement park, like the FROG meeting in PA. That’s just crazy thinking, imho. I’d love to meet-up, but may not be able to commit until a few more months pass and the landscape can be evaluated. Fingers are crossed and I’ll be following this thread!!

Thanks for coordinating, Seels!!
enjoytheparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:19 PM   #12

We're book July & August, but could be up for a rally in mid/late September.
Thanks!

New adventures in RV'ing started 2017....
2017-54, 2018-84, 2019 - 105, 2020 - 104, 2021 - 12...
2-J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:31 PM   #13
Trailer Park Supervisor

I'm in!! COVID almost killed me a year ago. Just got first shot yesterday. I met with other FROGERS that kept reservations from a cancelled rally last summer. People were pretty good following common sense/CDC rules. If we don't plan it, it will never happen. We can determine level of interactions depending on the situation. If all else fails, you stay 6 feet away outside and not share the same beer. It worked out fine. We got 29 nights of camping in last summer, and NOBODY was as nervous around the pestilence as I was. There will always be 'that guy' that doesn't get it, easy enough to avoid people like that. Even if you don't locate a shore campground with enough vacancies, that Turkey Swamp park is a short drive to shore if anybody wants to go. I was too busy enjoying our first trip in an RV to want to bother leaving.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote