Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 05:48 AM   #341

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Enjoying the updates, keep em' coming! You've been traveling all this time, I'm just starting to think of prepping! My MicroAir Soft Start just arrived yesterday, going to install it in the AC unit this afternoon. Won't need to run A/C on generator until later this summer enroute to OBX, but I'll be ready!!

We just added our SoftStart or Easy Start. I forget which. I am so glad to not need to carry around our huge generator now. Easy install even for @Doppleganger. He is kinda particular about doing things neatly.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:51 AM   #342

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
Shirley says I need to pick up the kitchen. I said I will on Wednesday, when it all goes into the camper!! Shows the rally is just around the corner. At least she hasnít said anything about the piles I got downstairs waiting to go out to the camper. Attachment 258853

These are my staging areas!!!!

Haha. I have like 3 staging areas at this time. Actually 4. One for this trip, one for when we stop home on Sunday quick, one for our stuff we normally bring and my sister is camping with me for a week so there's another one. I feel your pain.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:55 AM   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Yepper salt potatoes are a New York thing
It was on the Syracuse news last night that an official marker has been put up just for salt potatoes. Workers in the salt mines around Syracuse are the ones credited with making the first ones.
Pack the rain gear as the weather forecast is for rain for the next seven days

So excited for the salt potatoes. Need extra butter? Love local food sometimes, ok you talked me into it Zweigles will be procured. I'll prob bring my mini propane grill unless I bother over the fire w sticks....

The joys of NY is that the weather is so unpredictable.I don't believe it til it happens.I mowed on Saturday thanks to the rain, I needed to do it between the rain storms.Hopefully it helps for the next couple weeks.
Old 07-12-2021, 06:31 AM   #344

4 days and counting!!!!
2011 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed
5.7L Hemi, 3:73 Rear
Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
Old 07-12-2021, 06:39 AM   #345

Quote:
4 days and counting!!!!

Getting closer and closer to the Best news ever!!!
Old 07-12-2021, 08:03 AM   #346

Quote:
Also just a reminder we will be meeting behind site 114-115. I have a 10x20 pop up and I have two more volunteers to provide theirs 10x10s for our meeting place. These avoid sun stoke and getting wet with rain (hopefully it will be cool and clear skies) we could probably use a couple more if anyone can assist Thanks.
We have a 10 x 10 pop-up to share
Old 07-12-2021, 09:36 AM   #347
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodstock View Post
We just added our SoftStart or Easy Start. I forget which. I am so glad to not need to carry around our huge generator now. Easy install even for @Doppleganger. He is kinda particular about doing things neatly.
It was actually would have been a fun job if not for the oppressive humidity we've been having down here. Even though it was only up to 80 and cloudy here, I was sweating buckets, my face felt like it was raining as I leaned over A/C unit doing the install. At least when I finished, I got to do learning cycles inside the camper with A/C on home shore power. Works great, no more big WHUMP! as compressor comes on.
Old 07-12-2021, 09:42 AM   #348

Quote:
It was actually would have been a fun job if not for the oppressive humidity we've been having down here. Even though it was only up to 80 and cloudy here, I was sweating buckets, my face felt like it was raining as I leaned over A/C unit doing the install. At least when I finished, I got to do learning cycles inside the camper with A/C on home shore power. Works great, no more big WHUMP! as compressor comes on.

Yup we got the same one. We needed to do the learning cycles as well. (The only difference between the two in my mind.) It was alot nicer not hearing those thuds. We needed to use our big honking generator for the test starts. Our breaker would have blown if we had used Shore power. Maybe an eventual task sewer and Shore Power that will be sufficient, but yay its done. And now we can use AC in a pinch for the trailer with Shore Power
Old 07-12-2021, 09:49 AM   #349
Trailer Park Supervisor

I put a RV 30 amp outlet on shed, and tied it into the 20 amp circuit I have on shed. Will run anything, as long as you don't turn everything on at once. Glad the learning cycles worked on generator, I read that they don't recommend trying the learning cycles on generator. Didn't say you couldn't, just didn't recommend it.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:31 AM   #350

Quote:
I put a RV 30 amp outlet on shed, and tied it into the 20 amp circuit I have on shed. Will run anything, as long as you don't turn everything on at once. Glad the learning cycles worked on generator, I read that they don't recommend trying the learning cycles on generator. Didn't say you couldn't, just didn't recommend it.

We can always relearn when on the site, but was just needing to learn it in, one way or another.
Old 07-12-2021, 11:46 AM   #351
Trailer Park Supervisor

As long as it works on the generator you intend to use, it is probably fine. Relearning involves opening the unit and jumping some terminals, PITA unless you remove it to put it in another RV.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:09 PM   #352

Quote:
As long as it works on the generator you intend to use, it is probably fine. Relearning involves opening the unit and jumping some terminals, PITA unless you remove it to put it in another RV.

Yours is older then ours. Ours is bluetooth. No jumpers necessary
Old 07-12-2021, 12:10 PM   #353
Canoeing and camping fun

Quote:
So excited for the salt potatoes. Need extra butter? Love local food sometimes, ok you talked me into it Zweigles will be procured. I'll prob bring my mini propane grill unless I bother over the fire w sticks....

The joys of NY is that the weather is so unpredictable.I don't believe it til it happens.I mowed on Saturday thanks to the rain, I needed to do it between the rain storms.Hopefully it helps for the next couple weeks.
Just came home from buying the salt potatoes got 10 lbs hope it will be enough. Have a pound of butter just for the potatoes. If there are any left over potatoes I will make hash browns the next morning.

Iíll bite what the hech are Zweigles?
Old 07-12-2021, 12:14 PM   #354
Trailer Park Supervisor

I don't know, but I'm eating both if you have leftovers! Wodstock, mine is brand new, but I cheaped out got the non-bluetooth model, as I didn't think it would be of much use. Mine was almost 300 bucks for non-bluetooth, with shipping, tax, and discount.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:15 PM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean D View Post
Just came home from buying the salt potatoes got 10 lbs hope it will be enough. Have a pound of butter just for the potatoes. If there are any left over potatoes I will make hash browns the next morning.

Iíll bite what the hech are Zweigles?

Local hot dogs I know NYC area its Sabrett's - Making/ bringing local foods here too. This will be a nice change of pace.

We were originally contemplating spiedies - you know what those are?
Old 07-12-2021, 12:19 PM   #356

Quote:
I don't know, but I'm eating both if you have leftovers! Wodstock, mine is brand new, but I cheaped out got the non-bluetooth model, as I didn't think it would be of much use. Mine was almost 300 bucks for non-bluetooth, with shipping, tax, and discount.

Mine was over that price point, no discounts ordered off of amazon since I had a gift card - but hubby's request was the bluetooth model. I forgot that's the downfall of non bluetooth is the jumpers.

The software is helpful - not perfect but it will allow me to relearn through the app.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:20 PM   #357
Trailer Park Supervisor

I try to avoid them, but any good quality NATURAL CASING dog is my favorite. Gotta be a 'snappy' dog! No clue what spiedies are!
Old 07-12-2021, 12:22 PM   #358

Quote:
I try to avoid them, but any good quality NATURAL CASING dog is my favorite. Gotta be a 'snappy' dog! No clue what spiedies are!

Which do you try to avoid? Zweigles is natural casing - if you get the right one. It's the "pop open" dog.

Spiedies are marinated chicken in an italian(ish) dressing typically on italian bread with butter slathered on the bread.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:22 PM   #359
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Mine was over that price point, no discounts ordered off of amazon since I had a gift card - but hubby's request was the bluetooth model. I forgot that's the downfall of non bluetooth is the jumpers.

The software is helpful - not perfect but it will allow me to relearn through the app.
I'm just impressed you know anything about it! My wife has ZERO interest in this stuff, just wants things to work! Her only job is to crank the stabilizers down. She's working from home today, and she's protesting that I just said that.
Old 07-12-2021, 12:52 PM   #360
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Which do you try to avoid? Zweigles is natural casing - if you get the right one. It's the "pop open" dog.

Spiedies are marinated chicken in an italian(ish) dressing typically on italian bread with butter slathered on the bread.
I try to avoid hot dogs in general with all the sodium and fat, but treat myself a couple times a year. How do you pronounce Spiedies? That is just a typical weeknight dinner for us once in awhile. The last ones I grilled, I put a few slices of salami on top, with a few slices of provolone at the end to melt. Was great!
Closed Thread