Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2018, 09:29 AM   #101
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

All are welcome

All states welcomed at the TEXAS Roundup. We had campers from 14 states this year. Don’t know why anyone would have asked why you were here...you guys were a tremendous help... hope you had a great time!!
BeckyVTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:31 AM   #102
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

Not jumping the gun, at all. The dates are always the same week every year. Lots of attendees want to make their reservations before leaving the rally. Later...
Old 10-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsauer1 View Post
I did not know there were "state" rallies. I understood there were rallies in different locations, but are not known as State rallies. If there are State rallies, that might explain why we, from Kansas City Missouri, received comments at the Kerrville rally like, "Why are you at this Texas rally?" and "Doesn't Missouri have a rally?"
I guess, curious minds ask questions. Maybe you wanted to check out a different rally. I am sure someone in Missouri could organize a State rally. It all about meeting other FROG from different states. That is why you are there..
jkaspar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:37 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyVTexas View Post
All states welcomed at the TEXAS Roundup. We had campers from 14 states this year. Don’t know why anyone would have asked why you were here...you guys were a tremendous help... hope you had a great time!!
We did have a good time overall, Becky. It was very apparent that you did a tremendous job in planning and executing the rally.
lsauer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:43 AM   #105

I really hope the rallies aren't referred to as State rallies. That's so limiting. I like them being called names like Octoberfest, Bama Ganza, Brass Ring.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #106

Quote:
I really hope the rallies aren't referred to as State rallies. That's so limiting. I like them being called names like Octoberfest, Bama Ganza, Brass Ring.
Well, They call it Texas because it is located in the state of Texas and it is a Big State.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:00 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaspar20 View Post
Well, They call it Texas because it is located in the state of Texas and it is a Big State.
Outside of Texas we call it the Kerrville rally.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:05 AM   #108

Quote:
Outside of Texas we call it the Kerrville rally.
Whatever floats your boat.
Isauer1 what rally do you run and is it totally free? Where do you get the funds to pay for the whole 4 day rally?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:09 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkaspar20 View Post
Whatever floats your boat.
Isauer1 what rally do you run and is it totally free? Where do you get the funds to pay for the whole 4 day rally?
I don't run a rally. We attend FROG rallies and FMCA rallies all over the country -- in geographic areas that we want to visit. For the past two years we've attended BamaGanza (which was the same week as Kerrville in 2017 & 2016), but this year decided to attend the Kerrville rally.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:50 AM   #110
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

Awesome rally

We had an awesome rally.....someone pays for all rallies....just depends who it is. We have a beautiful park and venue who caters at very reasonable prices for exceptional food.....it’s not FREE. We don’t want to pot luck every meal. I’m sure if you had been at the rally, you would see the rally fee was very nominal for what we had. So all you negative nellies who have never been to the Texas Roundup, please don’t keep bad mouthing it until you come and experienced it for yourself. My first year was 3 years ago....I was in disbelief what we got for the rally fee. If you don’t want to pay a rally fee, that’s OK, too.... don’t we love that we have options!!!! Becky—2018 TEXAS Roundup Rally Host
Old 10-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #111

Quote:
I have never refereed or called a Frog sponsored ,Frog member organized Rally a "State Rally "! We have been involved in Frog Rallys "Before they were called FROG! We are part of the 'Tadpole Rally " which happens to be the "Oldest Continously Running Rally " of any Frog Rally, 8 years! I was just asking about the additional Rally Fee,as we have also attended Many other Frog Rallys and have Never been ask for Fees/$$! Sorry if questions ask by me are upsetting! Youroo! !
Old 10-10-2018, 12:41 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I have never refereed or called a Frog sponsored ,Frog member organized Rally a "State Rally "! We have been involved in Frog Rallys "Before they were called FROG! We are part of the 'Tadpole Rally " which happens to be the "Oldest Continously Running Rally " of any Frog Rally, 8 years! I was just asking about the additional Rally Fee,as we have also attended Many other Frog Rallys and have Never been ask for Fees/$$! Sorry if questions ask by me are upsetting! Youroo! !
Youroo, I know you don't call the rallies state rallies. The first time I heard that term was at this Kerrville rally that we attended, and we've been going to FROG rallies across the country for years.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:24 PM   #113

Hey guys, I have been to all the FROG rallies in Kerrville. This is a first to me about "State" rally. I assumed that Texas FROG rally was a pointer to where in the USA it is located. As much as I have been involved. It does not have an official stamp that it is a "State" rally that I am aware of.
Old 10-10-2018, 03:12 PM   #114
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Well sorry if I used the word state rally but it kind of fits. The rally are listed by states per say, so call it what you want. The rallys we attend and the one I do folks go out and solicit business for raffle and door prizes and also RV dealers. We also have RV dealers providing catered breakfast They bring units to display and provide seminars all free. Yes there are folks working but they get the job done. Me I'm retired so its a job for me and wife and I love it. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #115
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

I’m not sure why you think “authorized rallies” don’t charge rally fees??? Have you attended the Texas rally any year? If so, I’m sure you saw the value for your nominal fee. If you didn’t, I don’t have an answer for you!!!!! When talking with Buckhorn back in the Spring, I was telling them about the grumbling over the $70 fee. I was told most rallies they host are at least $300+ We went to dinner last night with friends who were still here from the rally. Our dinner for 2 was $55, so $70 for for the 6 meals provided and a band is NOTHING!!! And no, I’m not counting the FR sponsored dinner or the potlucks, while we did provide drinks, plates, silverware, napkins for the potlucks......bottom line, if you don’t want to pay a fee, don’t go to ANY rally that charges a fee, but don’t get on the forum and bad mouth any rally you don’t know anything about. Lori and Dan have had successful rallies since the beginning....we kept that tradition going, and I’m sure it’ll be full again next year!!!
Old 10-10-2018, 06:53 PM   #116

Kerrville was the best Frog Rally we have attended, and we have been to many, including Goshen. Generally speaking all Frog Rallies are great. But Kerrville is a much better Rally than the others.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:54 PM   #117

thank you
Old 10-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #118
TEXAS Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Your questions are not “upsetting”, but you obviously don't have your facts straight...if FROG rallies are not supposed to charge fees, maybe someone should let Bob and Cindy know. I was just checking on the Oklahoma City rally, in case we could make the dates, the fee for 2 people is $220.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:48 PM   #119

Quote:
Your questions are not “upsetting”, but you obviously don't have your facts straight...if FROG rallies are not supposed to charge fees, maybe someone should let Bob and Cindy know. I was just checking on the Oklahoma City rally, in case we could make the dates, the fee for 2 people is $220.
If I read the registration correctly, the $220 for the Oklahoma rally includes the campsite.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:31 PM   #120
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Two different types of rallys. Maybe you should understand how the two differ. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog