Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #341
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZNEDY View Post
I was thinking about saying the same thing, I emailed mine yesterday and got my confirmation back this morning. Is there an icon for stirring the pot?
We know FT Turbs is blowing so much smoke that fire trucks from 4 counties are converging on Ms. Amy's farm.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:17 PM   #342
Camper Less Camping

Reading through these post...comments between OC & TURBS is like reading about the Hatfields & McCoys! LOL

Old 03-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #343
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Po-Boy View Post
Reading through these post...comments between OC & TURBS is like reading about the Hatfields & McCoys! LOL
The Hatfield's & McCoy's were a picnic.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:21 PM   #344
Director, FROG

OK, you kids just settle down or we'll turn this RV around right now!

Just to get everyone up to date, here's where we are. In the just over three weeks that registration has been open, I've had about 350 to 400 e-mails. Some have had registration forms, some have had more than one. Some have included forms for the rally, tours, and service. Some have been just the registration, followed up days or weeks later by tour forms that have to be matched up. When we got back to the office on Monday from the Florida, Louisiana, and Texas tours, there were over 150 mailed registrations waiting on my desk.

We've been trying to process everything pretty much in order, but matching up e-mail dates and postmark dates is pretty much a losing proposition. Obviously we have to open and print out every e-mail attachment before we can record the information. We've recorded all of the information on about 150 registrations so far, but early on we realized the problem with sending out a confirmation without realizing that there were also tour registrations either in the e-mail queue or in the mail pile that we hadn't yet discovered, so some people's confirmations have missed a tour. We're getting that fixed.

If you mailed in a check, those were sent to Corporate Accounting late this afternoon. (Kelly will shoot me when she sees all of those coming in at month- and quarter-end!). We've processed credit card payments on about 50 registrations so far (some will need to have tours added) and are holding off on doing more of those until we're comfortable that we've matched up all of the tours.

Once we have your information recorded, you'll be getting an e-mail that shows name(s), address, phone number, any additional people in your party, and tour selections, and we'll ask that you let us know if any of the information is incorrect.

We're leaving in the morning for Gettysburg, but will be continuing to record information while we're on the road. We'll keep you updated as we go.

See you in Goshen!

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #345
Mod free 5er

Good show, FROG Bob, the golf cart thief is stirring the pot by blowing vast quantities of smoke agitating folks as usual.
Old 03-27-2014, 08:31 PM   #346
Phat Phrog

Wow Bob FROG! That's all I can say!!
Thank you for hanging in there and getting us all cared for, like you always do! I had trouble trying to send in my registration without it looking like three emails....call it user error! How exciting there are so many of us FR Owners, that want to come to the hub of it all!!
Looking forward to another PPST pot luck dinner get together if it works out that we can hold one!! Hmmm......maybe there should be a new checkbox on the registration form that asks if you want to participate/help in an amazing dinner made by all of us FROG's.....I'm just sayin.......!!
RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #347

Thank you, Bob for the update. I know that this is a tremendous amount of effort considering your busy schedule so far this year. Keep up the great work!!!

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:03 PM   #348
Director, FROG

RVC, the last thing that I need on my database is another column!

Speaking of the potluck, though, three observations:
  1. The food last year was AMAZING! The cooks at potlucks always trot out their specialty recipes to outdo one another. Everyone wins.
  2. Turbs called last week to see what nights there were no dinners scheduled (Tuesday and Thursday) and whether the building was available for a potluck (yes).
  3. Mike Stump stopped by the office from Corporate yesterday. Among other things, we mentioned last year's potluck, apparently Mike's first ever, which I still don't understand. He now knows how they work, and will need a really strong plate. His was groaning last year under the load.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #349
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
RVC, the last thing that I need on my database is another column!

Speaking of the potluck, though, three observations:
  1. The food last year was AMAZING! The cooks at potlucks always trot out their specialty recipes to outdo one another. Everyone wins.
  2. Turbs called last week to see what nights there were no dinners scheduled (Tuesday and Thursday) and whether the building was available for a potluck (yes).
  3. Mike Stump stopped by the office from Corporate yesterday. Among other things, we mentioned last year's potluck, apparently Mike's first ever, which I still don't understand. He now knows how they work, and will need a really strong plate. His was groaning last year under the load.
LOL AND WE HAD FUN!!!!!!!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #350
Phat Phrog

Oh my gosh that is great Bob!! Yeah!! We PPST are up to the challenge, and would love to organize it again!! Ummmm...can
I borrow your golf cart again.....I'm just sayin....
Old 03-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #351
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Ummmm...can
I borrow your golf cart again.....I'm just sayin....
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #352
Director, FROG

Karen, you want to use my cart to transport amazing food that I get to share???

Yeah, I'm good with that. Just be careful that you aren't confronted by a roving gang of amphibians who also want to use it. (Although with Turbs on security with his faithful K-9, that shouldn't be a problem.)

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 PM   #353
Mod free 5er

Quote:
...(Although with Turbs on security with his faithful K-9, that shouldn't be a problem.)
FROG Bob, have/are you drinking adult beverages??? You've got to be kidding!!!!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #354
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Karen, you want to use my cart to transport amazing food that I get to share???

Yeah, I'm good with that. Just be careful that you aren't confronted by a roving gang of amphibians who also want to use it. (Although with Turbs on security with his faithful K-9, that shouldn't be a problem.)
I am on it frog Bob!
I will find these amphibious rascals!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #355

Received our email today confirming our registration and tour request. Thanks Bob.
Marbletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #356
Phat Phrog

Umm Yes Bob FROG, to transport food.....I will assign a PPST member to guard said golf cart, in order to discourage anyone from thinking they can just ride around the fairgrounds having a great time and meeting other FROGS along the ride!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:58 PM   #357
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVChick View Post
Umm Yes Bob FROG, to transport food.....I will assign a PPST member to guard said golf cart, in order to discourage anyone from thinking they can just ride around the fairgrounds having a great time and meeting other FROGS along the ride!
Yeah I know!
Who does that?

TURBS
Sabre owners united!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #358
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
I am on it frog Bob!
I will find these amphibious rascals!

I really hate we are going to miss all the fun this year
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #359

DW called and said we got the confirmation that we are in, YES , I cannot believe how dumb I was, when last year she said hey we should go to Goshen it sounds like fun, and I talked her out of it, I musta been crazy or something
themounties is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:03 PM   #360
Phat Phrog

I know right? We totally respect and love Bob FROG, and follow his instructions......although last year when he handed over the gas peddle, he said " do not let Turbs or Ttrost drive the golf cart!".......there are pics of said hijack...but I don't recognize the frog faces......I'm just sayin......whew good thing Bob FROG didn't see Toby on the golf cart!......ummm, he just read this huh.....