Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
Profits and goodwill are linked. Too little goodwill erodes the customer base. Too much goodwill eats away at profits. Businesses are always looking for the right balance, kind of like the Laffer Curve.

I think most people attending the Rally are quite happy with Forest River.

Folks who are unhappy with FR could always buy another brand, attend their rallies, and get free repairs forever from them—if anyone is offering such.
Yes, Montana does. Here is what I posted on the Montana site about my new 5er ~~~

From the beginning ~~ we traded our 2017 HC 370 BR on a 2019 Montana 3761FC at CW in Myrtle Beach. It was our 4th purchase there as Sean Kwant in sales is fantastic to work with. Additionally, service has been great to work with in both Myrtle locations.

Off we go to a fantastic CG near home. After unhitching utilities were connected. After getting slides out the 2 awning went out and the wire cover of one landed on the ground. Problem 1 was corrected when I got home and had my 8' ladder available. That very night I noticed the area around the shower handle was not completely caulked. Problem 2 fixed the next day after a trip to Lows. After 6 days and 5 nights every system was used longer than at PDI where we found nothing we found nothing else!

Everything except two items we really like with the new 3761FL. Those two are the washer water is plumbed into the black tank of the 1/2 bath. Into the gray tank would make more sense! The other item is the only I will change eventually, those damn 1 piece steps that fold into the doorway. I know most rave about this new fad but why? Now you get to adjust feet to the ground, are able to clean them or put dirt and/or rain water in the 5er, know they stick out far if you are at a rest stop or truck stop. Not too mention if in storage and another unit is next to yours you may not be able to get in.

Overall, this seems the best one yet and we have had several!
Old 05-03-2019, 01:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Why the fuss about repairs that FR furnishes free up to a 2year old camper. Sounds like your one that wants everything for nothing. Later RJD

Actually my Cedar Creek is four years old and the factory just paid for repainting my front cap. The factory has treated us great.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Wouldn’t it be great if the rally was like it use to be when Forest River gave free service to all.

I didn’t want to start a thread, I was just commenting on a post. I really thought last year would be the last year of any kind of free service. The Cedar Creek factory has been really, really good to us.
Old 05-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
How about naming another RV manufacturer, who provides this kind of service, at a Rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
There isn’t. I will give a 5 star rating customer service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Buzzard View Post
Bikerdan
X2
Grand Design.

2019 Grand Design Rally

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=86
Old 05-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #25
PhD, Common Sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorSnrub View Post
They need to charge for older campers, at cost. Free for newer ones.

If you have more than 2 fixed just let them know and if there is time they get around to it.

They fixed three for me last year. A surprise problem cropped up on the way to Goshen. They fixed the two I had already put in for, and also fixed the flapping roof vent that Jim saw on the way.

Forest River service rocks.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Lloydg Send a message via MSN to Lloydg Send a message via Yahoo to Lloydg
Quote:
How about naming another RV manufacturer, who provides this kind of service, at a Rally.
Heartland will repair two minor service requests at their International Rally. I do miss the fun we had at the FROG rally when we had our Surveyor. Forest River pumps a lot of goodwill into their rally and it's too bad if anyone finds their actions anything but generous.

Heartland Big Country 3150RL
2013 Ford SD F250 4x4 SC; 6.2
Reese 18K Elite w/slider - Rockford, Michigan
Old 05-03-2019, 03:46 PM   #27
Site Team

As far as I know, FR provides this service to all FR brands.
Does Thor or Winnebago provide the same service to all their brands, like FR does.
One or two sub-brands isn't an equal comparison.
Unfortunately for those of us who live 2000 miles away, attending the Rally isn't realistic for many of us.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
Old 05-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #28
Citrus County, Fl.

Quote:
Wouldn’t it be great if the rally was like it use to be when Forest River gave free service to all.
People shouldn't be going to the rally just for the free service. It's an "extra" benefit provided by Forest River. We went 2 years ago and I was amazed at all they did for us that was not even on a list. All we asked for was an adjustment to a closet door or replacement as it seemed warped. I had a question about the fridge and they sent over a team from Dometic to check it out. I asked about "booster" seats for my Forester like Dynamax offered and was sent a pair at no cost.

A line had to be drawn somewhere as people were abusing the service. People next to us in a "used" Georgetown got free service and complained when FR wouldn't replace their damaged furniture.

If you want free service go buy a new one every 2 years and you won't ever have to worry.
99 Terry 31G
Old 05-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL1800Rider View Post
People shouldn't be going to the rally just for the free service. It's an "extra" benefit provided by Forest River. We went 2 years ago and I was amazed at all they did for us that was not even on a list. All we asked for was an adjustment to a closet door or replacement as it seemed warped. I had a question about the fridge and they sent over a team from Dometic to check it out. I asked about "booster" seats for my Forester like Dynamax offered and was sent a pair at no cost.

A line had to be drawn somewhere as people were abusing the service. People next to us in a "used" Georgetown got free service and complained when FR wouldn't replace their damaged furniture.

If you want free service go buy a new one every 2 years and you won't ever have to worry.

Are y’all going to the rally this year?
Old 05-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #30
Citrus County, Fl.

No, our long trip this year since we are in Florida is going to the be the 2 rallies in Pennsylvania. I really enjoyed the International rally and suggest to everybody I talk with to do it at least once.
99 Terry 31G
Old 05-03-2019, 06:12 PM   #31
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
They fixed it alright, camper can’t be more than two years old and only two items. My camper is four years old. They could have made the cutoff ten years old and three items.
Yeah.....just like the cutoff of ten years and three items Chevrolet is giving you on your pickup right?

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
Old 05-03-2019, 06:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
Yeah.....just like the cutoff of ten years and three items Chevrolet is giving you on your pickup right?

Chevrolet never started out giving free service if you go to a rally and pay to go to the rally. Tell me how many rallies GM has had. If Forest River had the warranty that my Silverado had there wouldn’t be any complaints or not as many. My Silverado had 6 years or a 100,000 miles, if that was the case my camper would still be under warranty
Old 05-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #33
Seńor Member

Quote:
Unfortunately for those of us who live 2000 miles away, attending the Rally isn't realistic for many of us.

True. But we're going this year as part of our summer trip just to say we did it at least once.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:04 PM   #34

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarr View Post
There isn’t. I will give a 5 star rating customer service.
Incorrect Sir!

Heartland does! I have seen first hand a furnace replaced on a 8 yr old Bighorn. My Bighorn had new slide seals put on, minor repair all in all. The Landmark next too us received a new Fridge and Inverter. It was 5 years old.

They do a lot for there customers, have real quality food, charge about $400 less for the rally Fee and give you a full 7 days of Camping! They also do Regional BBQ's so all in one of the Regions can gather for a meal and Friendship.

Point of a Rally isn't free stuff! Its Friendship and Fun and Ziplines and midnight golf cart runs in Aquamans sleuth golf cart! The PPST women love that fun.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:16 PM   #35

I think everyone should go to at least one rally in Goshen, sometimes I think visiting Rise n Roll (the crack house) is worth the trip.
Old 05-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #36

Quote:
I think everyone should go to at least one rally in Goshen, sometimes I think visiting Rise n Roll (the crack house) is worth the trip.
Here you go spock123
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rise and Roll.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	203634  
Old 05-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #37
Site Team

OK, this thread is being closed at the request of the OP, as it was started from moved posts that were hijacking another thread topic.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread