Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2015, 06:15 PM   #21

2013 Flagstaff Classic T12SC A-Frame

1. New (and updated) radio - we just needed the Aux In connector repaired.
2. New tank cover - gave us a hard cover instead of a soft one like the original.
3. Fixed edging on table and countertop.
4. Replaced blind when all we needed was a new knob.
5. Fixed hard-to-remove AC filter.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:45 PM   #22

Got new exterior door, door frame and screen door. New fender flares and new handles on water valves. Our 5er is 5 years old.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #23

Just curious, but did you have to pay for these repairs/replacements if the unit was out of warranty at Goshen? I'm glad that Forest River is concerned enough to offer this service to owners of their products. I've had very mixed emotions about the quality of their products, but we're using our Salem whenever we can and hasn't given us too many problems that I, or our dealer can't deal with in a timely manner.
gfarmcafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 08:10 PM   #24

The Forest River technicians were FANTASTIC! Replaced a loud refrigerator fan. Can still hear it but is MUCH better. Replaced the short whip AM-FM antenna on the side of the slide (but they admitted connecting it to the TV antenna is the only viable solution, ended up connecting it to the TV antenna), the Lippert guys installed the JT-Strong Arm stabilizers, after purchasing them from their booth, is the only way to go if you want to stabilize your 5th wheel. DO NOT waste any $ on a tripod. My best purchase.. The JT Strong Arms from Lippert.

And bought the awing brackets and poles from the usual culprits.
MartyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:57 PM   #25

The knock on my door at 8 am Monday morning brought a lot of people to repair everything I could mention. They (4 techs) jacked the rig up right there on the sloping site and placed spacers between the axles and the frame, raising me 2+ inches. Where the tires had rubbed holes in the under liner, that was all replaced. The roadside slide leaked while driving in the rain so they replaced the slide out seals under the body.
My electric stabilizers were both a real mess (one thanks to my bad) and were both replaced with new sets that are built a lot sturdier. (Looks like Lippert took a cue from Old Coot.)
While this was going on down below there were 3 techs inside working. The shower floor pan was removed and replaced in about 2 hours and looks as good as new, all of the voids and penetrations, behind and under it, for wiring and plumbing were sealed with foam, a repair was made to the skylight liner, 2 day/night shades were replaced, the kitchen faucet handle cover had come loose so the whole unit was replaced, my step assembly needed some attention and that was done. My bedroom slide that had always come in at an angle and of course my dealer swore that is was OK, was adjusted in a very short time and guess what....it comes in straight now. My couch/guest bed was sitting on the edge of the slide floor causing the slide to bow as it came in, simple fix by people who were able to think, move the feet on the unit back 4 inches. Problem solved.
The tech's supervisor stopped them for lunch about 12:10 and they were back at work in less than 30 minutes. The tech army left my RV about 2:30pm. WOW! Am I glad we attended Goshen? Absolutely! Thank you Forest River. When we buy another RV......what brand do you suppose it will be?
Once again, THANK YOU, Bob and Cindy for a well orchestrated event.

I Catch Fish......What is your SuperPower?
FordHauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:23 AM   #26

3 new dual pane windows with the possibilities of a 4th, replaced the steps that now have broken twice with the new 4 steps, replaced the toilet as the bowl had cracked. Also checked and resealed the bedroom slide, replaced 2 lights and repaired the wires and switch. Today heading to the factory to have a spyder crack fixed cargo door checked and also inspect & repair under the front section of the 5th wheel.
This is our 3rd FROG rally and have not been disappointed, the 2nd time we volunteered and I would like to thank all that came and also thank Bob & Cindy for all they do, helping them is a privilege that we both enjoy doing, looking forward to 2016's rally.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:28 AM   #27
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Fresh water tank hose fell off
Both gray water tanks replaced
Black tank pull handle fixed
Power control center cracked
Dining room fascia board loose
Rear outside AC cover cracked
Inside AC cover filter door broke
Driver side fender cracked
Ski under kitchen slide broken
Driver side landing gear bad
Foam on assist panel is split
Outside trim above awning has slid back
Driver side rear tire is wearing on inside, possible alignment issues.
1 of the 2 refrigerator drawers broke
Kitchen sink faucet handle
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:30 AM   #28
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

This was my list and they fixed everything except my tire issue, I had a blowout on the way there and they just replaced all 4 tires
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #29
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Gfarmcafe, all item fixed for free!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote