Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2017, 04:38 PM   #1
DDC
Senior Member
 
DDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Komoka Ontario
Posts: 2,664
That first impression at a Frog Rally

I took my old buddy to the Frog rally in Indiana, this was the second one I have taken him to, the first being Bama Ganza last year, we used to camp together when our wives were alive and he had done what a lot of people do and acted to fast in giving it up. When I told him about the fun and friendship of the Frog group he had asked to come and so he has now experienced his second rally, and as we drove home we got to talking about it and how first impressions could really make someone feel welcome.
This got me thinking about our first meeting with Bob and Joyce Ebenreck when Mary and I went to our first rally all the way from London Ontario to Branson Missouri and not really knowing what to expect, Bob and Joyce were the hosts of that rally and our first introduction into the Frog group, there we were not knowing what to expect and I can say I am very very glad we took that first hop.
I've been to many rallies since then and continue to meet really nice people and this got me wondering about your first impression was it good, great or maybe the next one will be better, I have yet to experience a rally that that I have not felt I had a great time at.
The old buddy is toying around the idea of buy a Forest River product so he can go to more rallies, so he has also felt that first impression good feeing.
__________________

__________________
"Well that didn't go as expected"
2015 Chev 2500HD Highcountry Duramax
Cedar Creek Silverback 33IK
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,068
Our first impression was at Goshen in 2015. We were welcomed in like family and instantly made great friends with several FROG members that we still keep up with today. The very next FROG rally I attended was the 2016 Mayberry Rally that I hosted. Yup, I was inspired enough to host a rally. I met so many wonderful friends there and still keep up with some of them. I attended the Peach Rally this year with the same results. Even my DD made friends. Now we are heading out to the Solar Eclipse Rally next week and planning to host another Rally next summer. We have gone from no FROG rallies to 1 rally/year to 2 rallies a year and wishing we had time for more. These rallies even have me solely looking at Forest river products for our next rig. Yup, I would say the rallies are doing there job of encouraging ownership of FR rigs.
__________________

__________________
<a href=https://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>https://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 15,510
DDC Nice topic. I read with interest and as asquared said attending a rally is a great thing. Our first was when I attended the rally in Dundee OH and really this was not planed. My DW always wanted to visit Amish country so in 2015 she did just that and out of the clear blue sky Dundee popes up and we booked a week not knowing that there was a Frog rally that weekend and really not knowing what Frog rally was.

We registered and the lady ask if we where with the rest of the Forest River group and DW said yes because we had a Forest River camper. They put us right in with the group which we had no clue what it was. First person to come by and introduce himself was Youroo and he ask if we were there for rally. I said what. They took us in and it's been all down hill since. It was a fantastic time and met Frog Bob and Cindy.

Next up we decided to go to the Big one in Goshen in 2015 also. What a great time and met some really great folks who we still stay in touch with.

As asquared said she got hooked and put on a rally. Well guess what I did also and talking to Frog Bob at the Mayberry rally he convinced me to do a rally in GA. Glad he did it was fantastic and many folks from Allys rally attended the Peach rally plus Frog Bob made his present known by showing up. Talk about a heart stopper. Thanks Bob and Cindy for promoting the rallys. DDC I met you twice and enjoyed every minute spent with you and your friend. Hope we meet again.

This year we will be attending 4 rallys counting ours and meeting new and old friends. Who knows we may do another rally next year. Thanks DDC for the post. Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 5
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:00 PM   #4
Member
 
Rvlove's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Pawleys Island
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Our first impression was at Goshen in 2015. We were welcomed in like family and instantly made great friends with several FROG members that we still keep up with today. The very next FROG rally I attended was the 2016 Mayberry Rally that I hosted. Yup, I was inspired enough to host a rally. I met so many wonderful friends there and still keep up with some of them. I attended the Peach Rally this year with the same results. Even my DD made friends. Now we are heading out to the Solar Eclipse Rally next week and planning to host another Rally next summer. We have gone from no FROG rallies to 1 rally/year to 2 rallies a year and wishing we had time for more. These rallies even have me solely looking at Forest river products for our next rig. Yup, I would say the rallies are doing there job of encouraging ownership of FR rigs.
Were can I find were the rallies are being held an when? I take it there's more than one a year.
Rvlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:06 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Jefferson County, MO
Posts: 148
Don, I have a number of really great memories of you and Mary from that rally. I am so glad you are continuing to camp. Travel safely.

Joyce
__________________
Joyce
Riding Shotgun with Bob
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
Petunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:08 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
RedLdr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 1,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlove View Post
Were can I find were the rallies are being held an when? I take it there's more than one a year.
The Forest River Owners Group website. Here is a link to the event page. If you aren't already a member Here is a link to sign up!
__________________
Wayne and Christine
2020 Sunseeker MBS 2400Q "The Q" with the Trekker Cap and Metallic Full Body Paint
2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid Soon to be TOAD
RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:17 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
 
asquared's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 11,068
The absolute best place is the FROG website. You can also keep an eye on our rally forum. Keep in mind you must have a forest river/primetime/palomino/shasta/coachman motorhome or trailer and have joined FROG to attend. FROG is free to join.
__________________
<a href=https://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg target=_blank>https://i62.tinypic.com/28rp645.jpg</a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 01:30 PM   #8
Global Nomad
 
Scheinin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: In my 36CKTS 5th Wheel
Posts: 710
First Frog Rally

This was my first rally ever, as this is my first RV ever. I was completely blown away. I really had no expectations as being new to RVing. I was amazed at the organization, from parking, registration, meals, seminars, outings, and meeting new and wonderful people. I am really enjoying this RVing thing. The service technicians were amazing, pointing out things that were wrong with my rig, and then fixing them. I had no idea.
__________________
Steven J. Scheinin
2015 RAM 3500 4X4
6.7L CTD Dually pulling a
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS (Center Kitchen Three Slides)


Scheinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #9
Broken Toe
 
Cowracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Imperial (St. Louis) MO
Posts: 3,563
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheinin View Post
This was my first rally ever, as this is my first RV ever. I was completely blown away. I really had no expectations as being new to RVing. I was amazed at the organization, from parking, registration, meals, seminars, outings, and meeting new and wonderful people. I am really enjoying this RVing thing. The service technicians were amazing, pointing out things that were wrong with my rig, and then fixing them. I had no idea.
Quote of the day, right there.

Tim
__________________
FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 20124444444444My Project Blog: https://cowracer.blogspot.com/

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:23 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 426
My husband wears hearing aids and is embarrassed because he doesn't always hear well. We have been to Bamaganza twice and are signed up for this years rally. So I guess you could say that our first impression was very good. I retired in July and we can now go to more rallies as Dh has more time off than I did working. Looking forward to seeing everyone come October
__________________
Sandy and Steve
Chooie, Baby, Grizzly, Sophie the 4 fur babies
2018 Rockwood 8301WS fiver
2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
My first rally...our first FR product, Georgetown. I will never ever miss it. I walked in unsure if we'd bought a good product, I walked out knowing that the factory techs have my back. Additionally, we've met knew friends and can't wait to see them again. Thanks, FROG for setting it up and making it available to us.
noelleclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:50 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
A32Deuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Posts: 8,686
Lets see, Two International Rally's, Baton Rouge, La, Florida, Tad Pole and Mayberry. Met a lot of Very friendly people, A lot of Forum members and made new friends. Can not ask for more! More events next year. Bob and Cindy, could not meet two nicer people and consider them Friends!
__________________
2012 SunSeeker 3100SS Toad-1962 Futura Average 100 + days camping
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:33 PM   #13
Pockets
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 128
This was my first FROG rally in Goshen. I was truly impressed with the organization involved in settling 800 rigs, feeding 1600 people, getting vendors, rallying up the volunteers for everything from set up/take down, parking and the PAD Express service. I had a great time, meeting many people and getting loads of ideas for our winter trip down south. FROG BOB and FROG MAMA did a fantastic job. The next rally is on our agenda.
__________________
Bob & Kelley
2015 Flagstaff 26RBSS
2014 FORD F-150 Supercrew 4x4
3.5L Ecoboost, 3:73 axle, Max Tow Pkg 2015(36 nights) 2016(74 nights) 2017(174 nights) 2018(157 nights) 2019(79 nights)
Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 06:56 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
W5CI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Carlisle, Arkansas
Posts: 1,316
This was our second FROG rally,We had a wonderful experience. after the Rain and Mud and bad food last year and other things I won't mention. This year was a Wonderful experience. I enjoyed working on the Parking Crew,although I got soaked when it rained, Food was good ,service was outstanding, Hospitality was Outstanding. A Big thank you to everyone who had a part in putting the 2017 FROG Rally on
__________________
2005 Cedar Creek 30RLBS/TrailAir Hitch/ MORryde 7K IS/Disc Brakes/ PI PT-50 EMS/ RV Flex Armor Roof
2015 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 Cummins 3.42/ Garmin 760RV
40 Gal TransferFlow fuel tank/ TST 507
Amateur Radio W5CI 2017 Days Camping 77
2018 Days Camping 44
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:18 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 225
As somebody once said; "You only get one chance to make a first impression"......
__________________
Unencumbered By The Thought Process
tande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:58 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 91
My first (and only thus far) rally was 2016. I want to go back, but had work commitments this year. I loved it and felt like I was among long-time friends.

I will be back and I encourage others to attend if you can!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DDC View Post
I took my old buddy to the Frog rally in Indiana, this was the second one I have taken him to, the first being Bama Ganza last year, we used to camp together when our wives were alive and he had done what a lot of people do and acted to fast in giving it up. When I told him about the fun and friendship of the Frog group he had asked to come and so he has now experienced his second rally, and as we drove home we got to talking about it and how first impressions could really make someone feel welcome.
This got me thinking about our first meeting with Bob and Joyce Ebenreck when Mary and I went to our first rally all the way from London Ontario to Branson Missouri and not really knowing what to expect, Bob and Joyce were the hosts of that rally and our first introduction into the Frog group, there we were not knowing what to expect and I can say I am very very glad we took that first hop.
I've been to many rallies since then and continue to meet really nice people and this got me wondering about your first impression was it good, great or maybe the next one will be better, I have yet to experience a rally that that I have not felt I had a great time at.
The old buddy is toying around the idea of buy a Forest River product so he can go to more rallies, so he has also felt that first impression good feeing.
__________________
Matt
2018 F250
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK
Lowes48fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:00 PM   #17
jkoenig24
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Box Elder, SD (formerly NY)
Posts: 705
..."and is embarrassed because he doesn't always hear well."..... NOBODY could during meals. It was LOUD.

I would STRONGLY recommend attending the FROG Rally in Goshen to all Forest River product owners. This was my third FROG Rally and, the second time I was a volunteer. The staff really went the extra distance to satisfy attendees.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 10:03 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 459
Mind if I say something? Thanks ~ to each and everyone who has replied to this thread!!

In our household, there's just the 2 of us and I recently dropped from the work force, so now have time for what has been important to us ~ time!

After reading everyone's replies, I clicked on the link provided and am joining the FROG family. We have a Forest River, Grey Wolf, 26RR (with minor mods) and love it now that we can load our Goldwing trike inside without difficulties.

Thanks again fro all the positive replies and helping me make a decision.
extxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:08 AM   #19
MCTroy
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Troy.Ohio
Posts: 839
We only get to go to our local rallies but we love them. So much fun, relaxed time and such great food! This year at the Spring Amish Country rally in Ohio, it was especially nice to have Brian Moran from Forest River give seminars. We are considering changing our summer site to a short term so we can go to other rallies. Love our Froggie friends!
__________________
2015 Windjammer 3029 Diamond Edition
2018 Ram 2500
Ohio River Rat
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:40 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 13,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
We only get to go to our local rallies but we love them. So much fun, relaxed time and such great food! This year at the Spring Amish Country rally in Ohio, it was especially nice to have Brian Moran from Forest River give seminars. We are considering changing our summer site to a short term so we can go to other rallies. Love our Froggie friends!
MCTroy, wasn't your 1st Frog Rally the "Tadpole Rally"? Youroo!!
__________________

__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 AM.


×