Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
Director, FROG

Upcoming Events Reminders

As a reminder to those of you who already know, and as news to those who don't, I want to update some information on upcoming FROG activities:

Next week is the Cherry Blossom Festival trip to Washington, DC. This event has grown from the original 25 units to 75, and still has a short waiting list. (Several on the list were able to be accomodated.)

April 2-6, Bob Schorfheide (BOBFIDY) and his fearless crew of Oklahoma FROGS are planning an outing at Sequoyah State Park in Hurlbert, OK. Contact Bob for more information.

May 10-14 is the 2012 Tadpole Rally at Oabache State Park in Park Bluffton, IN. Kurt Hoffman and his intrepid gang are making arrangements for this one. Plans for the Goodyear Blimp and the Blue Angels still seem to be (if you'll pardon the pun) up in the air.

June 17-22 we'll be sponsoring a family trip to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO for the National KidsFest. Bring the kids and grandkids to this one. Besides two full days at SDC, we'll have a dinner and two full breakfasts at the campground, dinner and show at Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede, dinner and show at Circle B Chuckwagon Show and Cowboy Dinner, and more.

July 15-22 is the Wisconsin Dells Water Wonderland trip. Again, we encourage families to bring the kids and grandkids, but all frogs are welcome. The package includes several meals, boat rides, tickets to local attractions, campground activities and more.

Of course, these are all a lead-in to the FROG International Rally at the Elkhart County Fairground in Goshen, IN August 13-17. Three great dinners, four full breakfasts, three nights of live entertainment, RV display, factory tours, and more!

The Southwest Regional Rally and the Las Vegas / Grand Canyon / Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta trip come on the heels of the Rally.

For more information on any of these events, or to download a registration form, go to www.forestriverfrog.com and click on "Events & Calendar."

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #2

Wow!!! You are doing a great job Bob. If I had the funds available I would join you at every one of these events. It would be special to go back to Branson where we had our first rally and I can say anyone who goes will really enjoy the Dikie Stampede. Keep up the good work. Forest River was lucky to get you.

Old Guys
Old 03-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Director, FROG

Wink

Old Guys, thanks for the kind words. You cut and pasted them just the way I wrote them! Let me know if you need my boss's e-mail address.

Seriously, we're trying to develop a slate of activities to appeal to FROGs of all ages, family makeup, and interests. As I mentioned in another post, we also want to do what we can to help local FROG groups get together and enjoy one another's company.

Next year (or possibly late this year in some cases) I want to focus strongly on Canada and on the US Pacific and Gulf Coasts, as well as others. I'd especially like to set up kid-friendly activities like the Branson and Dells trips during the summer when folks with younger campers can enjoy them, and would like to move the FROG International Rally a little earlier for the same reason.

I'd welcome suggestions and contact information from anyone with requests, suggestions, and recommendations. I learned a long time ago that "none of us is as smart as all of us."

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-20-2012, 10:22 AM   #4

The selfish side of me says "how about a rally in Colorado?" Given the amazing camping here, and the somewhat central location, it seems like a good idea....
Old 03-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Director, FROG

There's no denying that Colorado is spectacular and a great place for camping.

I recently got a brochure from a member about a campground very near the Colorado National Monument, near Fruita and Grand Junction. Then yesterday I got a call about something else from a member who turned out to be calling from Fruita and can see the Monument from his front window. Maybe there's a message there......

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #6

I agree that the Colorado National Monument is a great place to visit, but I think the Colorado Springs area would offer many more activities and be better suited for a rally. Garden of the Gods, the Cog Railway to Pikes Peak, the Manitou Cliff Dwellings, and the Air Force Academy are just a few of the many attractions in that area.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
Director, FROG

Oakman, you're right about Colorado Springs. I can still remember going there as a kid (fortunately, we were unable to push Balanced Rock off of its perch) and taking one of our daughters there when she was about four. Another spot there that really impressed me as a kid (and impressed our daughter as well) is Seven Falls. I've been there a couple of times since then, but not nearly often enough.

I'm also thinking about having a rally in LA (Lower Arnold), but once I get past lunch and Mary's pies at the Blue Owl in Kimmswick I pretty much run out of ideas for attractions.

Bob Byrne
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #8

Whoa! You caught me off guard Bob. I didn’t realize you were so familiar with my neck of the woods. You made me LOL with your remark about a rally in Lower Arnold. I think a rally in LA would go down in RV history as the most boring ever.

You’re right on about Mary’s Blue Owl restaurant, it serves great food and her Levee High Carmel Apple Pecan Pie is world famous. If it’s been awhile since you’ve been in the area, Mary opened Mary’s Sweet Shoppe right next door to her restaurant. I can put on five pounds in just one visit to Kimmswick.

I’ve only been to the Colorado Springs area twice and I never did take the time to see Seven Falls. The falls will be on my list the next time I visit Colorado Springs.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote