Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
clarkbre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Tom, we want to do something in OR, WA, or BC. We've done several rallies in OR, but I learned that those had been essentially a single-brand event, advertised, promoted, and pretty much filled on a specific brand forum before being added to the FROG calendar. We don't do that, and I've declined to support it next year since the same thing was being done.

I'd be happy to work with someone in hosting an event in the Pacific Northwest (or Southwest, in the case of BC).
Could we push promotion through this forum in the "On The Road/Western US" area?

Seems like it wouldn't be brand specific; however, reach the people in those areas.

And, not to start and argument but asking an innocent question, how are they promoted to end up as brand specific events? Seems this forum would reach lots of nice people and many prospective FROG members.

I honestly haven't signed up for FROG simply because there have not been many meets within our state.
__________________

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #22
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
Could we push promotion through this forum in the "On The Road/Western US" area?

Seems like it wouldn't be brand specific; however, reach the people in those areas.

And, not to start and argument but asking an innocent question, how are they promoted to end up as brand specific events? Seems this forum would reach lots of nice people and many prospective FROG members.

I honestly haven't signed up for FROG simply because there have not been many meets within our state.
The event to which I was referring was promoted for over a year on a brand-specific forum, not of FRF. I found out about it when I saw that 48 of the 50 (approximate #s of the top of my head) were all the same brand.

There are a lot of specific FR brands that have their own clubs and their own rallies, and we're happy to see that. Those owners are always welcome at any FROG event. However, FROG only promotes and financially supports events that are open to all Forest River brands.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:19 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 353
Hey Bob ever give any thought to a rally in Ky with a tour of the bourbon trail?
packrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #24
Director, FROG
 
F.R.O.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Middlebury, IN
Posts: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat48 View Post
Hey Bob ever give any thought to a rally in Ky with a tour of the bourbon trail?
I have several trips in KY in mind, including the Bourbon Trail and Lexington horse region; Paducah, with its National Quilt Museum, riverfront murals, and the nearby Land Between the Lakes; and Louisville for Louisville Downs and the Louisville Slugger Museum, nearby Mammoth Cave, and Bowling Green with its Corvette Museum.
__________________

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 2,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat48 View Post
Hey Bob ever give any thought to a rally in Ky with a tour of the bourbon trail?
packrat48, I certainly do not speak for FROG or my brother, but my sense is that since FROG does not encourage, promote the use of, or furnish alcohol at any of its events (although does not prohibit the responsible use of it), a rally with a tour of the bourbon trail is probably not one that you'll see as an "official" FROG event. Additionally, Bob and Cindy have always said that all FROG events should be "family friendly" and I'm not sure that one would qualify on that score, either.

(Now watch...he probably has already thought of doing one.)
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #26
Kanadian Kamper
 
kenandterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,117
A FROG Rally with a trip to the Corvette Museum was inevitable.

When you see all those FROG members who flat tow their “Vettes” you just new it had to happen.
__________________

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S with Trekker cap
and only rarely pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #27
Kanadian Kamper
 
kenandterry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Prince Edward County, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,117
...just knew it had to happen.

(Darn spellcheck)
__________________

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S with Trekker cap
and only rarely pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count.
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #28
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 17,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
packrat48, I certainly do not speak for FROG or my brother, but my sense is that since FROG does not encourage, promote the use of, or furnish alcohol at any of its events (although does not prohibit the responsible use of it), a rally with a tour of the bourbon trail is probably not one that you'll see as an "official" FROG event. Additionally, Bob and Cindy have always said that all FROG events should be "family friendly" and I'm not sure that one would qualify on that score, either.

(Now watch...he probably has already thought of doing one.)
Well guess you can read Bobs post24 Spoke to soon. Bowling Green would be great. Of course all listed are close to my back yard Later RJD
__________________
2020 Shasta Phoenix SPF 27RKSS
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 46
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 2,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Well guess you can read Bobs post24 Spoke to soon. Bowling Green would be great. Of course all listed are close to my back yard Later RJD
See, told you he probably had one in the works
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
frog

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.