Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.R.O.G. View Post
Tom, we want to do something in OR, WA, or BC. We've done several rallies in OR, but I learned that those had been essentially a single-brand event, advertised, promoted, and pretty much filled on a specific brand forum before being added to the FROG calendar. We don't do that, and I've declined to support it next year since the same thing was being done.

I'd be happy to work with someone in hosting an event in the Pacific Northwest (or Southwest, in the case of BC).
Could we push promotion through this forum in the "On The Road/Western US" area?

Seems like it wouldn't be brand specific; however, reach the people in those areas.

And, not to start and argument but asking an innocent question, how are they promoted to end up as brand specific events? Seems this forum would reach lots of nice people and many prospective FROG members.

I honestly haven't signed up for FROG simply because there have not been many meets within our state.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:56 PM   #22
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkbre View Post
Could we push promotion through this forum in the "On The Road/Western US" area?

Seems like it wouldn't be brand specific; however, reach the people in those areas.

And, not to start and argument but asking an innocent question, how are they promoted to end up as brand specific events? Seems this forum would reach lots of nice people and many prospective FROG members.

I honestly haven't signed up for FROG simply because there have not been many meets within our state.
The event to which I was referring was promoted for over a year on a brand-specific forum, not of FRF. I found out about it when I saw that 48 of the 50 (approximate #s of the top of my head) were all the same brand.

There are a lot of specific FR brands that have their own clubs and their own rallies, and we're happy to see that. Those owners are always welcome at any FROG event. However, FROG only promotes and financially supports events that are open to all Forest River brands.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:19 AM   #23

Hey Bob ever give any thought to a rally in Ky with a tour of the bourbon trail?
packrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:24 AM   #24
Director, FROG

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat48 View Post
Hey Bob ever give any thought to a rally in Ky with a tour of the bourbon trail?
I have several trips in KY in mind, including the Bourbon Trail and Lexington horse region; Paducah, with its National Quilt Museum, riverfront murals, and the nearby Land Between the Lakes; and Louisville for Louisville Downs and the Louisville Slugger Museum, nearby Mammoth Cave, and Bowling Green with its Corvette Museum.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by packrat48 View Post
packrat48, I certainly do not speak for FROG or my brother, but my sense is that since FROG does not encourage, promote the use of, or furnish alcohol at any of its events (although does not prohibit the responsible use of it), a rally with a tour of the bourbon trail is probably not one that you'll see as an "official" FROG event. Additionally, Bob and Cindy have always said that all FROG events should be "family friendly" and I'm not sure that one would qualify on that score, either.

(Now watch...he probably has already thought of doing one.)
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:07 AM   #26
Kanadian Kamper

A FROG Rally with a trip to the Corvette Museum was inevitable.

When you see all those FROG members who flat tow their “Vettes” you just new it had to happen.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:08 AM   #27
Kanadian Kamper

...just knew it had to happen.

(Darn spellcheck)

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 01:16 PM   #28
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
packrat48, I certainly do not speak for FROG or my brother, but my sense is that since FROG does not encourage, promote the use of, or furnish alcohol at any of its events (although does not prohibit the responsible use of it), a rally with a tour of the bourbon trail is probably not one that you'll see as an "official" FROG event. Additionally, Bob and Cindy have always said that all FROG events should be "family friendly" and I'm not sure that one would qualify on that score, either.

(Now watch...he probably has already thought of doing one.)
Well guess you can read Bobs post24 Spoke to soon. Bowling Green would be great. Of course all listed are close to my back yard Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Well guess you can read Bobs post24 Spoke to soon. Bowling Green would be great. Of course all listed are close to my back yard Later RJD
See, told you he probably had one in the works
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frog