Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2018, 06:30 PM   #61

We had planned to go but it didn’t work out again.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:13 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I first attended Goshen in 2013 and met a few forum members that have for all intents and purposes have become family! Went again in 2014 and met a couple more that joined our family. When I say family, I really mean family. We have a 5 family group text that was started in 2014 and has been going since. We all meet together at least once a year, and see individuals 3-4 times. We have laughed & cried, been through births and deaths. There is literally nothing I wouldn’t do for any of these individuals and I truly know the same goes with them. We all live hundreds of miles apart, but we might as well be next door. I say this, only for those who have not attended rallies, so that maybe they will attend one and be as lucky as we have been! It won’t happen to everyone, but you’ll never know, if you never go.

2014 was our first Rally. We didn’t know what to expect. We had no service issues and just wanted to check it out. Before we even completely got settled we were greeted by BomBDoc and his wife came over to say hi. They recognized our Forum name and invited us to join the group that evening to visit. That was the beginning to friendships that are so incredibly genuine. We love the 4 yr. long group text where we share so much. It’s so fun to plan our trips with these great friends that have become family. We would not have met if we hadn’t attended the Goshen Rally. We are so glad we purchased a Forest River camper. We just purchased our 3rd FR camper and based our purchase on the reputation of this company.
If not for the Goshen International Rally we would not have met these incredible people. So I’d encourage everyone to give it a try!
MB & T [emoji196]
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
PineRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:16 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoenig24 View Post
My Dynamax DX3 is a 2015 model so, NO service for me

With 800+ miles to drive, the total cost easily tops $1000. I just can't justify spending that much if I can't get anything serviced.
I completely understand your point, but just to interject, you can't put a price tag on friendships. But people funds are limited no matter who you are. Sorry you can't make it, but safe travels to you and yours and enjoy that great Dynamax, one of FR best.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:24 PM   #64
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineRock View Post
2014 was our first Rally. We didn’t know what to expect. We had no service issues and just wanted to check it out. Before we even completely got settled we were greeted by BomBDoc and his wife came over to say hi. They recognized our Forum name and invited us to join the group that evening to visit. That was the beginning to friendships that are so incredibly genuine. We love the 4 yr. long group text where we share so much. It’s so fun to plan our trips with these great friends that have become family. We would not have met if we hadn’t attended the Goshen Rally. We are so glad we purchased a Forest River camper. We just purchased our 3rd FR camper and based our purchase on the reputation of this company.
If not for the Goshen International Rally we would not have met these incredible people. So I’d encourage everyone to give it a try!
MB & T [emoji196]
Who'd have ever thought it would turn into an HPP night? So glad we walked over!!
2016-(32) 2017-(13) 2018-(20) 2019-0
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Who'd have ever thought it would turn into an HPP night? So glad we walked over!!

[emoji23][emoji23]
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
Old 04-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #66
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

What’s hpp stand for?
Inquiring minds want to know!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc View Post
Amen! As one of the 5 in the family, I never dreamed I'd meet such good people, become so close so quickly and that we'd all remain that way 4 years later. When I attended the 2014 Rally, we were apprehensive about what we were getting into. Driving from SC to IN wasn't a weekend trip and required some planning and taking a large chunk of vacation. We both loved the entire trip, from start to finish!! Meet some of the best friends and people you could meet and have been disappointed each year that we can't make it back. Spouse is in education as an Assistant Principal and each year since 2014 the event has been moved further into the year making it impossible for us to attend. Maybe one day! Until we return to Goshen, we keep each other updated in our lives and plan trips when we can all meet. I love each of them dearly and as Aquaman said, "there is nothing I wouldn't do for any of them". For those that are attending, may you find the same kind of people and build the same kind of friendships!!

I don't get on the forum much anymore because life has me running in a thousand different directions. But, I miss seeing many of the people I met that first year, WitchDr, Herk, Sye, dblr, OC, Frog Bob,CZNEdy, YooRoo,and I know I am missing several. ONE DAY, I'll see you there. Until then

BombDoc, good to see you back on the forum. Amazing how you and Turbs were both AWOL for a long time, and now both show back up within a few days of one another. Coincidence?
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:05 PM   #68
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
BombDoc, good to see you back on the forum. Amazing how you and Turbs were both AWOL for a long time, and now both show back up within a few days of one another. Coincidence?

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] funny how that works [emoji6]
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:08 PM   #69
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Thanks Capt Mike! I had to do a bunch of convincing to get him back on board
Old 04-19-2018, 08:11 PM   #70

Quote:
Coincidence. Due to Overcrowding they "Let Them Out"! Youroo!!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #71
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Coincidence. Due to Overcrowding they "Let Them Out"! Youroo!!
Work Release. You work you get released. So, you know they are already looking for him
Old 04-19-2018, 08:33 PM   #72

His ankle bracelet is interfering with my IPad
Full Time in the Summer, soon
Part Time in the Winter
Days Camped, Not Enough
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:56 PM   #73

Who Isn't Going To The Goshen Rally ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
What’s hpp stand for?

Hey, it was y’alls drink[emoji16]but mb liked them🤣
columbus 298RL
2019 Ford F-350 6.7
Old 04-19-2018, 09:11 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineRock View Post
Hey, it was y’alls drink[emoji16]
I though it was "BVTC"! by the 1/2 gallon! Youroo!!
Old 04-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #75

We went to the rally last year and enjoyed the rally. Got to meet some really nice people there. We had decided not to go back but I talked DW into going one last time. We got in for this years rally, we don’t really care for rallies. We like going our own way. Like someone said it’s hard meeting many people in a rally this large. All the people we met at the rally last year we have not seen since or have talked too.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:13 PM   #76
Another adventure awaits!

Unfortunately work is precluding my husband and I from attending also ... I so wanted to go 😟 ... one of these days will get there ... about same distance for us, 600 miles ... would be so worth it ... sucks when a pesky thing called work interferes with the fun times ...
Feel your pain ...
Old 04-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #77
Moderator Emeritus

Unfortunately vacation time is very precious and so we have to pick and choose where and when we go... thus why I only run Mayberry every other year. We went in 2015 and had a great time. We had a lot of work done, met several friends that we still hold dear... one even let me drive a giant truck (so what if I made him seasick ) I had a great time at the tiki hut hanging out, partaking in the adult beverages and dipping my feet in the pool. Did both factory and optional tours (one got me hooked on bison meat). I never even got enough time to attend all the seminars I wanted to. I highly recommend making the pilgrimage at least once, even without repairs it is well worth it to attend.

As others have said, the smaller rallies are very different from the international. I attended a smaller rally through an SOB. We all became friends, bought SOB's to that brand and continued our own "rally" full of many different brands, just good friends having a good time. We lost one of our members in that group this year. He will be missed. My only FROG rallies I have attended are the International, Peach and Mayberry. All have been very different from one another and all have been a great time. I have made some very good friends through the smaller FROG rallies too. We are looking forward to meeting up with new and old friends at Mayberry and Bamaganza this year.

Glad to hear all the praise about Mayberry, it makes a gal blush. I just hope the simpler schedule this year doesn't disappoint. I felt I spent way too much time running around to thoroughly enjoy it and thought others might have had the same issue.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:42 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
What’s hpp stand for?
I know it was a contributing factor to finding my DW on the bathroom floor the next morning
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:45 AM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Unfortunately vacation time is very precious and so we have to pick and choose where and when we go... thus why I only run Mayberry every other year. We went in 2015 and had a great time. We had a lot of work done, met several friends that we still hold dear... one even let me drive a giant truck (so what if I made him seasick )
I think I am still recovering from that
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:06 AM   #80

We've been a couple of times and met a lot of great folks. Unfortunately, we won't be making the trip this year. We have some other things getting in the way including a western trip with 2 other couples. Hope everyone has a great time.
I'll miss working with you this year, dblr.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote