Old 04-20-2018, 07:11 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_GA View Post
We've been a couple of times and met a lot of great folks. Unfortunately, we won't be making the trip this year. We have some other things getting in the way including a western trip with 2 other couples. Hope everyone has a great time.
I'll miss working with you this year, dblr.
Dang now I will have to train someone new, heck took me almost 3 years to get you where you are Will miss you Joe safe travels
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:18 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Dang now I will have to train someone new, heck took me almost 3 years to get you where you are Will miss you Joe safe travels
Ha! Ha! Thanks Rennie! Hope we meet up again sometime. Safe travels to y'all, too.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
We went last year. I sort of like the smaller rallies myself. You get more chance of actually meeting people and not being 1 of 1600 people.

There are plenty of smaller ones out there, that may be closer to you and cost less.

If you still have to work and have limited vacation days the smaller ones may be a better choice because they are weekend ones or just a week.

Go on the FROG events thread and look at all the rallies around this year some are filled already.

I know some of us that organize local rallies keep them small for logistical reasons.

X2. We attended last year's Goshen rally as first-timers. It was a great experience, one everyone should do at least once. Frog Bob does a magnificent job with these events. However, it is a challenge, considering the distance, the expense, the uncertainty about hookups (we were lucky--we got sewer) and other factors. Plus, we didn't need repairs, which seems to be the main reason many people go. We are looking forward to the Mayberry rally (our second time there) and look forward to meeting all our forum colleagues, including some we met last year in Goshen.
RVBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:13 AM   #84
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Whatís hpp stand for?
Inquiring minds want to know!
Do I, Mr. No Filter SYE need to answer this??
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 47 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:47 AM   #85
Site Team

I've really enjoyed the rally the last 4 years. The main reason I've talked DW into attending every year was to meet up with people from this forum, and subsequently, to meet up with people we've meet in past years. We've never gone for the service. Not to say we haven't had anything serviced, the first year our fridge died while packing it to go to the Rally, so it was great to be able to have gotten it serviced, but it wasn't the reason for going. 4 years in a row, never once have I gone due to the service.

It's all about networking and meeting people. And as natural introverts, that's not easy for us, but the with the great group of people that's there and the general atmosphere of camaraderie, it's something we can overcome and meet lots of great fellow FROGs.

We unfortunately aren't going to make it this year. DW's vacation works on a lottery system, and this year she didn't get the Rally week, somebody else got it before she could pick hers. Sorry Sue, no kids for you to see this year.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:57 AM   #86
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
I know it was a contributing factor to finding my DW on the bathroom floor the next morning
She definitely was in fine form that night!
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:27 PM   #87
Canadian Member

There are several reasons we would not go to Goshen.

1. Rallies are about meeting people and socializing. We used to do that but we've discovered we aren't really into that anymore - my DW much less than me. Neither of us likes big crowds. So it doesn't make sense for us.

2. The exchange rate on the Canadian dollar is a killer.

3. We have so much left to see on our side of the border.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:47 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I've really enjoyed the rally the last 4 years. The main reason I've talked DW into attending every year was to meet up with people from this forum, and subsequently, to meet up with people we've meet in past years. We've never gone for the service. Not to say we haven't had anything serviced, the first year our fridge died while packing it to go to the Rally, so it was great to be able to have gotten it serviced, but it wasn't the reason for going. 4 years in a row, never once have I gone due to the service.

It's all about networking and meeting people. And as natural introverts, that's not easy for us, but the with the great group of people that's there and the general atmosphere of camaraderie, it's something we can overcome and meet lots of great fellow FROGs.

We unfortunately aren't going to make it this year. DW's vacation works on a lottery system, and this year she didn't get the Rally week, somebody else got it before she could pick hers. Sorry Sue, no kids for you to see this year.
Not that you need a excuse, but sure like your answer, that's what it is really about, NOT SERVICE only. Safe travels to you and your wife.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #89

We are doing the FROG Gettysburg rally in June, our first rally. Plan on Mayberry in 2019 !!

2011 GEORGETOWN 337DS
Walter Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Pigeon View Post
We are doing the FROG Gettysburg rally in June, our first rally. Plan on Mayberry in 2019 !!
Good I will see you in Gettysburg, hope you in enjoy it being your first. I never been looking forward to it. I have been to the Mayberry, you will surely like that, make sure you get to the Town, lots to see and do.

Old 04-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #91

Oh yes, Mayberry is great , but I think it's every other year, Ali still works but she puts on one of the best, takes a lot of time and planning, I know I would never take that on and I'm retired. I can give you the must sees in Gettysburg.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:00 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Oh yes, Mayberry is great , but I think it's every other year, Ali still works but she puts on one of the best, takes a lot of time and planning, I know I would never take that on and I'm retired. I can give you the must sees in Gettysburg.

I havenít never really cared about going to Gettysburg, my grandfather fought on the losing side. But I enjoy going to Amish country. We have stayed in Intercourse a few times, our favorite place there is Lapp Valley Dairy
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:19 PM   #93

[QUOTE=... I never been looking forward to it. I have been to the Mayberry, you will surely like that, make sure you get to the Town, lots to see and do.[/QUOTE]

Hey Doctor... did you mean to say, "I have never been, looking forward to it" or "I never been looking forward to it !"...LOL !!

2011 GEORGETOWN 337DS
Walter Pigeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 04:47 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Pigeon View Post
Hey Doctor... did you mean to say, "I have never been, looking forward to it" or "I never been looking forward to it !"...LOL !!
Good one, I never been to Gettysburg looking forward to , but been to the Mayberry rally. I guess I wanted to make sure that we were both first timers at the GETTYSBURG, that's what happens when I don't read it and hit send on this damn phone 🤣 see ya in June.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:02 AM   #95

There's nothing like a little long range planning to give one a sense of purpose, so we're going to Goshen in 2020! Not going for the service, won't complain about the travel distance and I want to park as far away from those PPST individuals as possible because I need a nap at least once every 24 hours. I will however, sigh up for every tour possible. I want to see that part of the country at least once then we're heading west.

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
There's nothing like a little long range planning to give one a sense of purpose, so we're going to Goshen in 2020! Not going for the service, won't complain about the travel distance and I want to park as far away from those PPST individuals as possible because I need a nap at least once every 24 hours. I will however, sigh up for every tour possible. I want to see that part of the country at least once then we're heading west.
Live for today. Why not go this year? Registration is still open. In 2020 fuel prices will be like they were in 2007 and 2008 and no one will be able to afford to go RVing.
ManlyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:16 AM   #97
Prime Member

We won't be going. We have zero interest.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #98

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Not going to the Goshen rally this year. Will go next June though.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:07 AM   #99
jkoenig24

I wanted to go BUT, my Dynamax DX3-37RB is a 2015 model (built by Moe, Larry and Curly I suspect). Apparently, that's too old to qualify for service. Driving ~ 1000 miles (one way) and spending $1000+ (and NOT getting anything serviced) is just too much now that I've retired and am on a fixed income.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 12:06 PM   #100

We are going back this year but itís our last year, probably be coming back from Alaska next year. . If we are in the area we will stop at Shipshewana and stay the flea market or Shipshewana South. That way we could meet up with friends that are at the rally and
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote