Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2018, 01:08 PM   #1

Who Isn't Going To The Goshen Rally ?

The talk of the forum is getting a golden ticket to the Goshen Rally....Congratulations to all that are going My wife and I were considering going up until about a month ago but we decided that due to my lack of vacation days (Unfortunately I still have to work) we would would pass on it.

The distance is 650 Miles one way from our home so that wasn't a huge factor in our decision we decided that we were going to plan a longer solo trip this year in lieu of trying to attend the Goshen rally.

My feelings are somewhat mixed since I never attended a FROG Rally although we are going to go to the FROG rally at Mayberry in July to see what it is like and possibly attend the one in Florida in October.

Just curious to know if I was the only one on the fence about attending for whatever reasons and decided not to ? Or if FROG Rallies aren't everyone's cup of tea ?
TST 507 TPMS
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30X
Ejs4029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #2
Always Learning

I've wanted to go for the past 3 years, but my schedule and budget just didn't line up each year. This year is the same.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

See you in Mayberry!

If you want to chat about Goshen, I will be happy to find your campfire! (or find us on spot 21)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I've wanted to go for the past 3 years, but my schedule and budget just didn't line up each year. This year is the same.
Same for me. It just hasn't lined up.

Besides, I don't have any HUGE issues (knock on wood) that would require factory repairing. Since it would simply be a get to know everyone/have fun trip, (not that that's bad at all) and since so many seem to be between a rock and a hard place on getting quality repair work done, I'll leave the slot open to those who really need serious help.

I'd like to see a National rally where NO repair work got done.
Then, those of us who would like to meet everyone, could do so and not feel we are taking a spot of someone in real need of service work.

just my 2¢... YMMV.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:23 PM   #5

I have tried to go for 3 years, it seems like its always something. Daughters softball one year, big trip out west last year, already burned up vacation time this year.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:25 PM   #6
Site Team

Since it's a 4500 mile roundtrip for us, I doubt if we'll ever attend one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 01:26 PM   #7

I talked it over with my wife, we decided not to attend this year, but at the last minute I signed up, but I will be by myself. As far as rallies go I have been to Goshen 4 times, the reason was never for the service, just to see old friends once a year and I like to help out where I can. The best part is you get to put a face to the people your talking to on the forum. I went to the first Mayberry Rally, Ali does a great job I hope you enjoy it, I would have gone, but you can't make them all. Have a good time. Hope to meet you oneday.[emoji41][emoji196]

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #8

Every year I consider it, but it is always at the same time as our annual beach week. Beach is closer, much more of a tradition and cheaper. So beach always wins out. I am going to the frog rally at chenango valley in NY.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:19 PM   #9

We went last year. I sort of like the smaller rallies myself. You get more chance of actually meeting people and not being 1 of 1600 people.

There are plenty of smaller ones out there, that may be closer to you and cost less.

If you still have to work and have limited vacation days the smaller ones may be a better choice because they are weekend ones or just a week.

Go on the FROG events thread and look at all the rallies around this year some are filled already.

I know some of us that organize local rallies keep them small for logistical reasons.
2020 Ram 2500 Crew cab 6.5 bed

Ron & Shirley (Empty Nesters)
rmac04401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:29 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I have enjoyed time at FR Goshen Rallies in the past. The smaller one in Nashville was also a hoot! We even started up a Frog Rally in Kingston Ontario and as we purchased a Heartland backed away and passed it on to KenTerry to run. We attended our first Goshen Heartland Rally last June. Much smaller at 225 units easier to get to know everyone with chapter meals and get togethers during the larger rally. They also fix anything with no age restrictions but are pretty tight on what exactly is done.

It is not everyones cup of tea so to say. We enjoy our time away in the forest camping more of our vacation time than a Rally. To each there own.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #11
Site Team

We decided to skip Goshen this year as we have the "Platinum" tickets for the Grand Canyon, Sedona, and the Albuquerque Balloon Fest FROG Rally. It was just a little too tight between when we'd get home from Goshen and then be leaving again...

We're booked in to the Mayberry Rally. It should be a good shakedown for our new Sunseeker 2500TSF due to be delivered in early June...

I agree the smaller events can be more fun. We've done the Charleston Festival of Lights Rally twice now and it was more fun than Goshen.
Old 04-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmac04401 View Post
We went last year. I sort of like the smaller rallies myself. You get more chance of actually meeting people and not being 1 of 1600 people.

There are plenty of smaller ones out there, that may be closer to you and cost less.

If you still have to work and have limited vacation days the smaller ones may be a better choice because they are weekend ones or just a week.

Go on the FROG events thread and look at all the rallies around this year some are filled already.

I know some of us that organize local rallies keep them small for logistical reasons.
In regards to smaller Rallies cost less,that is Correct,they cost "Nothing to Attend"! They are even cheaper than just camping by youself,because they receive Discounts for Camping in groups! Youroo!!
Old 04-18-2018, 03:26 PM   #13

No Goshen for us this year. We have been three times and always had a great time. This year we plan to attend the International Kite Festival in Long Beach, WA, which is about the same time. Maybe Goshen again next year.

2021 Jayco Class C model 27U
5er_tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
In regards to smaller Rallies cost less,that is Correct,they cost "Nothing to Attend"! They are even cheaper than just camping by youself,because they receive Discounts for Camping in groups! Youroo!!
Not all, some rallies charge for a band you don't want 10 dollars, handouts that are free from FR. Thats 5.00 bucks And the list go's on, depends who is running them and there rules. Your saying the way they should be ran and by most. But you always have a few.

Old 04-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #15
clr

I have been to the international FROG rally now 3 times. I normally attend with about 4 other friends. But with the new service policy and new increased price most of us decided to skip the rally this year. Only one friend is going and that is because he has a new unit with problems for Forest River to look at. I was going to have them look at the front graphic that they redid less than two years ago that is now all pealing. I think that it was not clear coated properly. But I will have to fix on my nickle now since I have an old 2015 model.

So I will be attending other rallies this summer better bank for the buck, and I can attend several other rallies for the cost of the international FROG rally.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #16
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Ive been to the Goshen rally one time and enjoyed it. Met some folks that we still keep in touch but its quite large and hard to really meet folks.

We will not be attending this year either. There are plenty of smaller rallys around the country and most do not cost anything except one that I know of other than Goshen.

Depending on where the ralls are held there are lots to see and do and you are in a smaller group so you get to know more folks.

We may eventually go again but not for a while. Love seeing Frog Bob and Cindy When we attend the rallys. See ya all either at the Peach rally, Mayberry, or Bamaganza rallys. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #17

I keep reading about SERVICE, this was never the reason they were started. Fact #1 our member Iggy organized the frist international rally. FR was really not a sponsor that I remember. It was a group of members I thi k 12 that started it. After the beginning it is my understanding that FR. Thought it was such a great idea that they got involved. That is when Bob got hired. FR then took them over and decided maybe we can help people and offer service to everyone. Great for them. When it was started it never was for service alone it was just away for people with a common interest to meet. It still is that, I get mad when people abuse the system and good nature of FR. They still offer service, but that is not the main goal. Now someone can correct me but that is pretty much how this all began. I would like someone who knows more then me to explain this. I hope that new members read this, so they don't get the impression I keep reading. Thanks for letting me rant, safe travels to all.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:19 PM   #18
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Like ependydad and 5picker, schedule and budget have the biggest say. Maybe one of these days.......

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:24 PM   #19

I have been to two rallies from Fort Worth Tx not for service but to meet people and have fun. Last year the first day I was there, my air conditioning failed, and the service techs were there in two hours and replaced a control board which fixed my problem.
I was willing to pay which they refused and was grateful for their response.
Broadway Joe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:36 PM   #20

We thought about attending this year but most of our long trips were booked LAST year since the campgrounds usually book up within a week of the reservation window opening...

Next year is a possibility (both for Service work and meeting new people, especially from our home state)...

Back when we had SOB, I created and ran our own Manufacturer forum until the brand was shutdown after numerous acquisitions after the Great Recession. I did enjoy the Rallies we organized/attended and miss them but still have many friendships made along the way. Hope to do the same with the FROG rallies going forward.
Windjammingnc is offline   Reply With Quote