Old 05-04-2020, 03:09 PM   #1

Boondocking at Bridge Bay YNP

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone had any advise for Boondocking at Bridge Bay. Below are a few questions i have. I have never stayed at this camprground and it will be our first time Boondocking.

I have generators and a portable to empty our tanks. I heard the lines for the dump stations are terrible.

1- Generators- Does everyone run a generator? Seems like it would be very loud, but I don't want to be the only one running one during the day.

2. How do you refill your water tank with no water hook up? Not sure what the best practice would be?

3. Any other advise about this campground would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2017 Ford F-150
Jbenn4422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
Site Team

Actually, what you're doing is "dry camping", since it's a developed campground.
Technically, Boondocking is camping in undeveloped areas, like the desert or National Forest land.
All of YNP campgrounds have generator hours, except Fishing Bridge campground since they have full hookups there. Lots of campers run their generators.
Hope your generators are inverter generators. If they are open frame contractor-style generators, they will be too loud.
We're experienced dry campers and use a 6 gallon water jug to shuttle water. We too have a tote tank for gray water and an inverter to power the tv and recharge electronic devices.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boondocking