Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2015, 06:49 PM   #1

120 volt outlet power failure

Hi all this is my first posting so I hope I am doing this correctly. I am trying to help a good senior friend of mine with his120 volt outlet issuse so here goes 2010 coachmen catalina 28BHS . on shore power the outlets outside the door just inside the door by the sink and the Gfci coulet in bath work fine get good lights both btight yellow on circuit tester and can trip gfci with the tester. the outlet just outside the bathroom by dining table and outlets in front bedroom no power at all. we have replaced the gfci in bath no change no power. disconnected the outlet thats not working spliced into one of the pieces of romex pluged it into out let by door and energized the outlets in the front bedroom all tested fine on circuit tester my question has anyone else had this issue or can anyone tell me where to look to find out where the feed is coming from for that outlet . could it be a bad circuit breaker any and all help greatly apprecited
thanks gary
grk1053@aol.com
grk1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 06:55 PM   #2

Did you test for power at the breakers..i.e.at the connection for each load off each breaker?
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:06 PM   #3

power failure

we had out out this weekend the nra convention in Nashville and I forgot to take the multi meter just had the plug in circuit tester i do know that i think its breaker 3 that turns off the outlets by the sink and bathroom will have to get it back on shore powe and put the meter on it i know that one of the 15amp breakers says front and one says rear not sure if unit has outlets on 1 0r 2 breakers we were working on it at the storage area running on generator but i think that the generator he was using had polarity issues as nothing was working right when it was on that when we got to koa in nashville and plugged in got good indicators on tester thanks gary
grk1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #4

It sounds like your on the right track. I think it is a breaker issue and should be replaced. Good luck and keep us posted.
snapper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, electrical