Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2014, 10:37 AM   #21
CLT
Next Gen Camperbot 5000XL

Oh and one more thing, my right side cabinets in the bedroom section are pulling out from the wall. Not sure how easy that will be to fix. I can see multiple screws and the caulking has pulled away some.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #22

yikes. that doesn't sound like an easy fix.

Loading the camper now and getting irritated that the doors won't stay open! I put the little "T" thinking in the doors to hold them open, but it's not a tight fit. The slightest breeze and the doors are flapping around.

As I type this i realize how petty this is and feeling thankful that this is my biggest complaint at the moment! :-)
Rico1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #23
CLT

How was your trip? Did everything work ok?
Old 05-28-2014, 08:08 PM   #24

Another Apex TT here, we have had very few problems after one year with ours. I think I end up engineering better solutions with each fix. Not that I feel the need to improve everything, I just want to fix it once!! Congrats to those with new TT's, the use of them will lead to invaluable memories for you, your friends, and family!
PJRNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 08:24 AM   #25
CLT

Hey PJRNM! Nice to see another Apex guy.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT View Post
How was your trip? Did everything work ok?
Trip was great! Couldn't have asked for better weather! Had a great campsite...drive-thru (woo hoo!!) with full hook-up. All went well with the TT...got it nice and level this time (vs our first time out!). No hot water initially, but found reset buttons which took care of that.

Used a different link on the chains of the weight distribution bars when I hitched up which made for a MUCH easier tow!! The engine didn't sound like it was working nearly as hard as previous tows.

Feels like my family is falling into the groove of who does what to get the campsite setup/taken down and the TT loaded/hitched, etc. Helps that we are to the point where the TT is nearly completely stocked, other than food and clothes!

I did get a little overzealous trying to stick an adhesive hook onto the island (to the left and below the sink) for hanging dishtowels and pushed in the "wall" of the island, so thats on my list to fix. Also have a taillight out...taking back to the dealer for that one as simply replacing the bulb didn't fix it.

Home for 3 weeks and then off again for another long weekend. That trip will be about a 4 hour drive...our longest trip so far. Looking forward to it!!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #27
CLT

Look under your short slide when extended and see how the seal looks. In the middle, mine is bunching up and causing it to tear a little. Should still be fine for the first trip out though.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #28

Ugh. TT is at the dealership now waiting for a new taillight and to fix the seal on the dinette slide out. I'll ask them to check on he short slide, too, since it's already there.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #29
CLT

Was it leaking or was it the seal that is underneath? Just wondering.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #30

It was the vertical seal on the right side. When I put the dinette slide out, this seal would slide down to the ground. Dealer said it had pulled away from the seal at the top. No leaking...so far...
Old 06-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #31
CLT

I think we need to do some research on the Coachmen Apex assembly guys/gals. If they are towing (and making payments on) Coachmen Apex TTs then we are in good shape. If they are however hauling other models...well...we may be in for a long few years.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
CLT

Hey 259BHSS owners...have a question on the DVD player (or lack thereof.) I'm too lazy to go out an hook up the electric so I can have the TV on right now. I know on my invoice it showed AM/FM/CD/DVD player. Is this a DVD player in this unit? I have one we can use but I was just looking at the invoice and was wondering if there is already one in there.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:17 PM   #33

Yep, it's built in!!
Old 06-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #34
CLT

Thanks Rico1971. One less thing to pack then. I'm thinking of mounting a dual-screen in the bunks also.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #35

Very cool! We're thinking about buying a tv/DVD combo to have outside to watch movies under the awning...deciding between 27-32"...
Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 AM   #36
CLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico1971 View Post
Very cool! We're thinking about buying a tv/DVD combo to have outside to watch movies under the awning...deciding between 27-32"...
That would be great. There are some great deals out there right now on last years models.
Old 08-27-2014, 10:06 AM   #37

Thinking of buying the Apex 259bhss

Hi there
My family is thinking about purchasing the Apex 259bhss. We are wondering if you have had any issues with your trailers? Slides? leaks!? Standing water on the roofs?
Also our space is very limited in the driveway... For packing purposes we are not sure if we will be able to put the slides out, is it possible to get around the island or on the table side? If anyone has a picture from the inside with their slides both in we would love to see it.
We don't have a dealer local to us so we will have to travel... Want all the info we can get before making the trip!
Thanks
Blairstravels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:25 PM   #38

Hello, Blairtravels!

We have been very happy with our 259BHSS so far. Everything is working...no issues with the slides or leaks. Had it in for service 1 time to fix a seal (had come unattached, but not leaked) and had an issue with one taillight which actually turned out to be a non-issue (connector in the pigtail just needed bending for a better connection).

When the slides are in, both the kitchen slide and the dinette slide almost completely butt up to the island on both sides....no room whatsoever to get thru. From the front door, you can still access the front bedroom and from the back door you can still access the bathroom and somewhat get to the bunk areas. You will have NO access to the fridge or kitchen area and limited access to the storage areas surrounding the dinette.

We had done alot of research before buying...its overwhelming as there are so many options and choices. After a while, everything starts to look alike.

The double wide bunks were a big deal for us...my 13 yr old is 6'2" and needed the extra space. Also, having a full wall and real door on the bedroom was a big deal for my wife and I. The island helps with 'traffic flow'....its easy to be on the kitchen side cooking or washing dishes and others can still walk thru the camper on the dinette side of the island without getting in the way.

We were limited on length/weight by our tow vehicle....the compromise we had to make was giving up the couch. Actually miss this more than expected....We spend most of the time outside, so not a huge issue, but there are times when it would be nice to have. We do take the table down and use the dinette area just as a sitting area occassionally, especially if watching a movie.

We thought that the 2nd entrance coming in thru the bathroom was a MUST HAVE when we were shopping. Reality, not so much. RARELY ever use it. Everyone uses the front door. I would have rather foregone that second door and had extra counter space in the bathroom.

Overall, very happy with our purchase!!

Good luck!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #39

Thanks so much for all the great info! That's what I was worried about... Not getting at my fridge and storage areas!

At your convenience is it too much to ask the length from the hitch up to the kitchen slide (from the outside) and then the length from the back end to the kitchen slide... I have a fence and hedges that are part way across where we would be storing it!

I am standing out here with a tape measure guessing based on the trailer we own now!

Thanks again
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1409162996.816292.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	896.6 KB
ID:	61543  
Old 08-27-2014, 01:15 PM   #40

Actually to add to my favour how many feet is the actual kitchen slide?

If anyone has time... I am emailing the dealer as well to see if they can get me the info!

Tags