Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2015, 07:55 PM   #1

2015 Apex-259bhss TV Antenna

Is the antenna not able to raise or rotate? I've looked for a crank in the ceiling but can not locate one. My manual did state it is an optional item but since mine is an anniversary edition with some bells and whistles I assumed it would have that capability.
Skeptical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 10:29 PM   #2

I'm assuming it the same as on our 2016 310BHDS - the antenna is stationary. It's an omni-directional HD antenna and needs no directional adjustment - just make sure you've got the power to the antenna amplifier on.

I found the manufacturers website online for the antenna once because I was curious as well. We had one in our family's old motorhome that always needed to raise/lower and turn depending on the channel.

These new ones are not your old fashioned antenna anymore!
Old 07-09-2015, 06:42 AM   #3

The omnidirectional antenna on our 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 246RKS works fine for the radio, but for the TV reception? Not so much. (Amp is on).

Anyone know of a "Wingman" style add on in the works?

- RS
drobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:27 AM   #4

We just got a 2015 freedom express with n antenna that you don't crank up and it is crap. We get zero reception and zero channels. It needs work.
jwodesigns1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 09:23 PM   #5

jwodesigns1 - do you have the signal amplifier turned on? Zero reception and zero channels if it's turned off. Check for an auxiliary cable faceplate mounted under the cupboard, beneath the stereo. Small white button is the amp, and a red LED will indicate that it's on. Even then, your results Will vary depending on strength and distance From the broadcaster.

RS
drobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:38 AM   #6

Yes...booster is on. The campground we always go to we used to get a few channels at least with the crank up one. This one...it catches nothing. I guess a tailgater is in order.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #7

Hi, we have the digital antenna on ours and it works great. We have picked up TV signals when we haven't been able to use our cell phones. Don't forget you need to turn the antenna on...there's a little button beside the cable receptacle. We like watching the news at night just to keep in touch with the world.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-15-2015, 11:06 PM   #8

2015 Apex-259bhss TV Antenna

If your TV is older it might not be compatible with the digital antenna.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-15-2015, 11:26 PM   #9

They are new tv's, new camper, new antenna. I have heard the radius on those omnidirectional antennas is only 30 miles. I am very disappointed in it.

Tags
antenna