Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #1

2017 Apex Nano 193BHS - Slide help!!

Need some help on the slide. Anyone know what the brand/model of the slide motor is and/or where the manual override is? The FR online manual is total crap ("here, we'll give you the 20 manuals for every make model we've ever used").

The problem I'm having is a blown fuse.

We just bought the TT used earlier this month. I've pulled it to set up the brake controller, set up WDH, get new tires, take it to the DMV, etc. I've cut grass around it a couple times too. Every time, I've been able to extend/retract the slide.

Today, I went to retract/close the slide to cut grass and got nothing - no sound or anything. I checked and the fuse (30A) is blown. I grabbed another 30A fuse and went to put it in and got a nice spark of lightning and fried the fuse. Disconnected the battery on the tongue, replaced the fuse again, and got the lightning when I connected the battery cable.

I have no idea why it would be popping fuses unless it somehow is at the limit or something? I wanted to try to manually crank it in a bit and see if that does it before I have to call an RV place for service to come out to me......

Thanks!
Steve
Old 08-30-2020, 05:10 PM   #2

Also forgot to mention that the fuse blows immediately - I don't eveen get to the slide out switch.

Also, there's a red LED lit on the PC board where the fuses are.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:35 PM   #3

And another follow up - I have no idea where they are.

I looked in the front pass through on the slide side, and there is a big square that might have something inside, but the panels are all stapled shut, no type of removable panel or screws or anything...
Old 08-30-2020, 07:09 PM   #4

Unfortunately I own a 245bhs, so I am not familiar with you unit. My guess is there may be something under the bottom bunk. Is there a black cord that goes the slide and then the wall adjacent to the bunks or maybe the front bed? I would follow that cord.
wszApex245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 07:26 PM   #5

Thanks for the tip. I've seen a small diameter wire about as big around as a pencil on the bunk side of the slide when it's open. I'll check it out.

Under the bunk is where all the electric is done as well.

Another stupid question: To manually crank, is it just done from one side or do you have to do it on both sides of the slide?
Old 08-30-2020, 07:44 PM   #6

I do not think it is crank. I think you have to release the power and then push it in. Equally on both sides. The system is called a Swintek. Look online for the method to push it in.
wszApex245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 10:10 PM   #7

Thanks for your tips!

Found the Lippert controller under the bunk. A couple Google searches later and I have the owners manual and the troubleshooting guide which explains the motor retention screws an release for manually pushing in the slide.

Unfortunately, it says if the fuse blows immediately, the system needs to be serviced and can’t be fixed by the end user. I’m betting there’s a short someplace...

Thanks again.
Old 08-31-2020, 09:22 AM   #8

OK, I took pictures of the power center last night and just looked at them again. I wonder if I have another problem going on...

The fuse panel (sorry, couldn't figure out how to insert a photo):
fuse panel

The fuse that is blowing is the 30A #F6 which is labelled as "BATT" I think.

I did pull the battery out of the box so I could put it up on the bench in the garage to test it with my meter, then hooked it back up. I think I left shore power hooked to the camper at the time. Did I screw something up?

Also, bonus points for anyone that can read the rest of the handwriting on the fuse label. I think F2/F3/F5 are KIT/FURN/PUMP, but F1/F4 have me stumped.

Thanks
Old 08-31-2020, 10:36 AM   #9

FYI,

Battery was hooked up backwards (reverse polarity). That's what I get for rushing and trying to do it in the dark with a flashlight held in my teeth. Fuse problems and slideout problems are resolved.

Still trying to figure out the handwriting. Any thoughts are welcomed!
Old 08-31-2020, 11:56 AM   #10
Site Team

Glad you figured out the slide and fuse issue.

I can't make any sense of the labels for #1 & #4 fuses. Best thing to do is pull one at a time and go around and see what doesn't work. That's what I had to do. I had a couple labeled crazy names. One of them was the water heater.
Old 08-31-2020, 02:32 PM   #11

F1=Lighting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPup404 View Post
OK, I took pictures of the power center last night and just looked at them again. I wonder if I have another problem going on...

The fuse panel (sorry, couldn't figure out how to insert a photo):
fuse panel

The fuse that is blowing is the 30A #F6 which is labelled as "BATT" I think.

I did pull the battery out of the box so I could put it up on the bench in the garage to test it with my meter, then hooked it back up. I think I left shore power hooked to the camper at the time. Did I screw something up?

Also, bonus points for anyone that can read the rest of the handwriting on the fuse label. I think F2/F3/F5 are KIT/FURN/PUMP, but F1/F4 have me stumped.

Thanks
F1=Lighting? Or maybe that's what F4 is...

To attach pictures, click the paper-clip icon at the top of the editor and follow the directions.

The LEDs in the fuse panel light when a fuse blows, if there is a load on the circuit.

The Reverse Polarity fuse blowing saved you from a lot of damage that would otherwise have occurred...
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:58 AM   #12

Thanks for all the tips!

Ended up pulling fuses (and did AC breakers) to update labels with something the average human can read!

F1 - Lights for top bunk, bath, front bed, and main area
F2 - Slide, awning, kitchen/dinette/porch lights, TV amp, and radio
F3 - Furnace/Heater
F4 - Bottom bunk light, tank/battery meter
F5 - Pump
F6 - Battery

Haven't tested yet, but I bet they tied the 12v side of the WH to #4 also...

Tags
slide