Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2020, 01:18 PM   #1

2017 Apex Nano 193BHS wheel/tire question

The wife and I are looking at buying one of the above Nano's.

When we gave it a once over this past weekend, it looked like the tires were very slack. If we get it, we will likely just get a new set all around. Two questions:
- So I can get some ideas, what size are the tires? From what I've read in other posts, it looks like they are 15" rims?
- Any good or bad tires, brands to avoid or shop for?

Also, I've been digging a lot through the forums here and elsewhere and have noticed a couple potential problems when looking at used. In particular:
- Water heater anodes apparently should be replaced yearly? We'll need to check on this one.
- The 2017 193BHS in particular had what this thread called a common leak area, but other comments said it was a delaminating issue?

Comments on those two problem points? Any other issues to look for?

TIA!
Steve
SickPup404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:24 PM   #2
Site Team

Goodyear Endurance or Carisile tires are good tires. Try to stay away from no name tires. Your main concern should be leaks, water damage and mold as these are very expensive to repair. i would not worry about anode rod. Easy to correct especially f WH is empty.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 11:11 AM   #3

Second on the Goodyear endurance. Anode rod is easy.

I have a 2018. Not sure about the leak points you are referring to but I found that the sealant from the factory failed on ours at the fresh water fill. Noticed water on the floor near the queen bed and in the storage compartment in front. Bought some butyl tape and proper rv sealant and repaired it myself and haven't had a problem with it.
BlueOx Swaypro WDH
Husky Quest Brake Controller
cityfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #4

I know this is a month after the original post. I have a 2017 Apex Nano 191 RBS a couple of issues I noticed as far as leaks. After a heavy storm I notice water on the right side of the slide, seems to be after the the small plastic basin at the bottom of the seals overflows with water. Not a problem while camping, may be because I have my rig parked with the front a little low. I routinely keep something to catch and over flow. The other area I noticed was the pass thought storage will have some leaking from the door seals. Applied window sealing tape to the perimeter of the door and it seems to be working. As far as tires, make sure they're properly inflated and wheels properly torqued. I have the original 'LionsHead' tires which seem to be wearing nicely. Now on my third season but will considering changing them either in a year or two.
JoeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #5

Joe, thanks for the pointers. Where is the overflow basin?

As far as tires go, we ended up getting three GoodYear Endurance and it is a noticeable improvement in how the trailer pulls.
Old 09-08-2020, 10:03 AM   #6

When the slide is in its at the bottom of the interior seals. Its small, not intended to much, maybe a few ounces. The one on the right is accessible so put a small bin underneath when stored between trips.
JoeNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, wheel