Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #1

2018 coachmen warranty issues 261 bh

Part 1

Well I have not even camped in the trailer yet but in the driveway. Getting ready next week for a one month trip to Disney and the east coast states.

So here is what I found so far and im livid about the leak.

1. They changed to a sf 30 furnace which requires only 3 ducts per suburban. So the one they eliminated was the duct under the couch. (2017's had a SF35 with the 4 ducts)

I may have a high limit issue but we will wait and see)

Dealer sent me duct kit @ no charge and I added the duct.

There is no way 3 ducts will heat that trailer properly or timely IMO. I may add a 5th ducts next to the one I added but will wait until the cooler months.

2. Roof. I did a closer inspection when I got it home.. I counted 8 screws that did not have caulk around them fully. Potential leaks? I submitted my reimbursement for two tubes of lap sealant.

as well as bubbles gaps from caulk that did not settle. I busted the bubbles with my fingernail and re caulked..

The majority of them were under the reefer vent. I had to remove the vent and good thing I did. They had the mounting holes filled with caulk..

And skylight really lifted in the corner.

Lawrosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:50 PM   #2

part2

Last but not least. I decided to take a shower in the camper before my trip. Wanted to make sure the pump worked and all and shower pressure was good cause I put a better shower head on.

Low and behold got out of shower and there was a river running down bathroom floor. Dripping out and under camper. WTF!!!!!

I am so pissed.

Took diverter off wall to see if it was water line. Nope

Took panel off for trap access and HWH access panel.

The trap was totally disconnected from the strainer. All other nuts were loose. This is unacceptable.

Good thing I am a plumber and am able to fix these things. I removed the whole trap, doped it up and reinstalled. I have a complaint in and want reimbursement for this one.

My time I estimate @ 4 hours. What did I save the dealer by doing this work? Whats my compensation for potential water damage and/or mold that may develop?

I get $125 an hr as a plumber. Whats the dealer get an hour?

So I just e mailed the warranty department on this one. we will see..

Old 06-14-2017, 08:54 PM   #3

At least you know the work you did will last... That's worth more than the money.

2006 Ford F150 4.6L
Rrickim63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:41 PM   #4

well heard from the dealer today. They forwarded coachmen all my pics.

They all feel bad and are sending me a $500 backup camera on coachmens tab..

The dealer stated coachmen wouldnt have paid them the 4 hours labor to fix this issue.

Well at least I get a camera to mount in the factory prep area that coachmen installs on the travel trailers..
Old 06-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #5

WW Great example of lousy workmanship. Someone must have been smoking something when they made the build. Just goes to show how important owner inspections inside and out and especially the roof are.
Makes sense to try things out to make sure they work and do not leak. Imagine all this when one is on the road. Roof inspections and all sealants are a must for checking tice a year, not to mention plumbing leaks.

Brandon2
2014 2500TS
Sun Seeker
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:43 PM   #6

We purchased our trailer in 2012
My wife commented every now and then about a sewer smell
I check the roof vent and it was there.
Then I took the cap off and found that the pipe coming up from the tank went into the roof and stopped, the they put a ring about 1 inch high in the fitting to make you think the pipe was continuous but it left a two inch gap under the roof membrane, I replaced the pipe from inside the closet to under the cap suddenly no smell!
Don
doneuald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen, warranty