Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2022, 03:12 PM   #1

2019 Apex UL 293RLDS no gas to stove when slide fully out

Hi all! My wife daughter and I just bought a 2019 Coachmen Apex Ultralite 293RLDS to go traveling around the US in for a while. It was owned by a really nice older couple whom bought it brand new just a couple years ago, used it for a while and then decided they were "hotel people".

Anyway...when they were showing it to us, they showed us that when the slide containing the refrigerator and gas stove is fully out, gas stops flowing to the stove top. The only way to restore gas flow is to bring the slide back in an inch or so.

So obviously my first thought is there has to be a gas line being pinched or pulled tight and kinked when the slide is fully extended. I am extremely mechanically inclined and am not new to RV's or gas systems, yet have spent a considerable amount of time tracing gas lines and watching them when the slide is in and out trying to identify where the issue is expecting to spot a kinked or pinched hose SOMEWHERE but I have not been able to find anything at all.

The other issue they said neither the fridge nor the water heater run reliably on gas. While the fridge is in the same slide as the stove, it makes sense that both of those would be affected, but the water heater is on the other side of the trailer.

So I am wondering if it is possible that I have a bad regulator at the tanks, and that perhaps that is somehow causing the stove not to receive gas flow. The thought of a pinched or kinked gas line and having to pull the slide in an inch every time we park in order to be able to use the stove seems really dangerous and absurd.

Any thoughts so we can feel safe? I guess the water heater and fridge not working so well based on my other research does seem to point to the regulator and it would make sense given the infrequent use of this trailer and how long it sat in indoor storage since new.
LoVEOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 01:57 PM   #2

Update problem solved!!!

Here is a video showing what the issue turned out to be.

LoVEOnTheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:18 AM   #3

Glad to see you got it figured out!

YouTube can be a big help or get you in trouble. Just ask my DW!!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas, slide