Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2022, 04:55 PM   #1

Question 238BHS: Jobani Solar

I hope this is not a duplicate. I've searched.

We just purchased our travel trailer and there is a Solar Panel installed and a sticker showing that it's wired by Jobani. It seems like the setup isn't complete and looking for information. I also contacted Jobani and Coachmen. I'll post the results on this thread once I get them.

I found the wires that are behind a flimsy panel in the front storage compartment although there is no sign of a solar charger. I found a green wire which is terminated (I think that's coming from the MC4 connector on the roof) and there is a white/blue cable that is looped back in the floor hole. I know that 1 end goes to the battery (and connected) but not sure where the other end goes yet.

I do have my own solar charger (Victron) that I want to install if it's not installed (I don't think it is). Although it's weird that there is a solar panel with no solar controller (I didn't see any panels inside or anywhere).

I'd love to know if anybody has a Jobani solar setup and where their solar controller/display is placed in their trailer (with pictures).

Thank you,

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2072E2ED-AECA-4D8F-B6CF-C40D9AE362E4 Medium.jpeg
Views:	41
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	273764  
Steve_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #2

That sounds half installed! Pretty sure when the Jobani / Solar option is chosen, the panel + 30A controller are part of it, as it is on our new '22 257BHS

I'll have to snap a pic later today as I'm planning on parallell'ing in an XT60 connector for a remote foldable secondary 160W panel

Did your (flimsy) fascia panel have the Jobani QR Code sticker on the face of it?

Ours had a sticker noting the controller is behind the panel and as far as I can tell, it's keeping the batteries topped off while the camper's been disconnected/in outdoor storage
TheRangerStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 02:03 PM   #3

From what I can tell (with information from facebook) is that the solar panel that's on top is directly connected to the battery (no controller). There is a Jobani sticker but no controller in the back.

I need to disconnect this next time I get to it. Seems like it will overcharge the battery.
Steve_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 01:16 PM   #4

green is your ground and the other two should be installed to the charge controller. looks like they didn't install the controller like they should have. take that up with your dealer.

can't tell from your picture, but those wires should not go direct to the batteries.

2021 Coachmen Freedom Express 257BHS
2019 Ford F150 Super Crew 3.5 Eco Boost Max Tow Package
distracto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 12:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_ View Post
I'd love to know if anybody has a Jobani solar setup and where their solar controller/display is placed in their trailer (with pictures).
Hey Steve - been meaning to get these pics up for you! I took some photos yesterday of our Jobani 175w/30a MPPT w/BT-2 Equipped 257BHS

The 175w panel is on the roof and the 30a MPPT controller is mounted behind that fascia panel, which includes a BT-2 (pretty generic) solar status bluetooth module.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Slide1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	274348  
Old 06-03-2022, 12:51 PM   #6

Let me add to your message above - solar panels are never directly connected to the battery; they have to go through a controller to ensure proper voltage/amperage flow (and cutoff)
Old 06-30-2022, 09:30 AM   #7

This is all I have ‘Solar charge wiring’. No panels and no controller. I have the wires behind panel, so I guess that’s a small victory.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3C2DDCB0-3A0D-428B-99B5-0951FDB8B86B.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	275716  
T.Heflin175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 09:50 AM   #8
Site Team

Industry standard marketing tool. The wiring is likely too small for a serious solar setup. Depending on your ultimate goals, you may want to upgrade the wiring.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
solar