Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #1

360 ibl

Can someone tell me, what drains into the black tank, on the 360ibl ?
It would be another way to get water in the black tank if I knew. Thanks in advance.
sstaubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:17 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstaubs View Post
Can someone tell me, what drains into the black tank, on the 360ibl ?
It would be another way to get water in the black tank if I knew. Thanks in advance.
Should be your toilet and your black tank flush.
Shamrockthecasbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:30 PM   #3

x2 - just use your flush.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #4

I was a bit confused at first with our tank setup also. There is body waste and liquid waste valves in the basement area, and a liquid waste valve near the drain hook up area. I was told that the valve near the drain hook up was for the kitchen water? So does that mean I have 2 grey tanks or am I missing something here?
Old 06-21-2017, 12:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydan View Post
I was a bit confused at first with our tank setup also. There is body waste and liquid waste valves in the basement area, and a liquid waste valve near the drain hook up area. I was told that the valve near the drain hook up was for the kitchen water? So does that mean I have 2 grey tanks or am I missing something here?
Yes, 2 grey, 1 black. Kitchen sink is the rear tank, bathroom sink/shower is the front tank and then obviously toilet for black.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #6

Black for toilet only. There are 2 45 gal gray tanks, and they have an equalizing line that ties them together to make 90 gal as advertised. You'll notice on your panel that when one gets about 2/3 full it will start spilling into the other tank and raise that level. They have separate drain valves.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelydan View Post
That's called a galley tank. My Salem tt had a galley tank too. But, it was a lot smaller tank than the grey water tank.
Schvarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 04:18 PM   #8

360 ibl

Ok, thanks for the info. I didn't know about the 2 gray tanks.
When I use the flush the drain has to be open. I was trying to get more water in the tank. If I use the flush when its closed it shoots water out under the bathroom sink. That's just NO good, it makes a royal mess. Thought just maybe that sink dumped into the black tank to help with getting water to black tank. Thanks so much for your thoughts!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2017, 05:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the info. I didn't know about the 2 gray tanks.
When I use the flush the drain has to be open. I was trying to get more water in the tank. If I use the flush when its closed it shoots water out under the bathroom sink. That's just NO good, it makes a royal mess. Thought just maybe that sink dumped into the black tank to help with getting water to black tank. Thanks so much for your thoughts!!!!!!
Now, you have me confused 😁 what flush are you talking about? And when you talk about the drain, are you talking about the valves that empty the tanks? There's typically a valve for each tank. When you are emptying the black tank you need to have all the other valves closed so as to not contaminate the grey tank (s) with sewage. While I'm camping, I leave the grey tank valves open. Never leave the black tank valve open except to empty the tank. Some folks say to close the grey tank valve and only open it to flush the hose when you've emptied the black tank. What I sometimes did the day before leaving the camp was was to close the grey valve as others suggested-- i did that until i found out about the camco dual flush valve system, bought at wally world for around $25. With that, i can flush any of the tanks individually while having the other valve (s) closed. Then lastly, close all the valves and flush the hose. I'm then done until the next camping occasion. I almost always have the grey tank valves draining while were at a campground. Keeps you from having to calm your daughters and DW while they're taking a shower and the drain is overflowing. Causing you to go outside and open the valve. I did that once. From then on, the grey tank valves remained open while camping. On the other hand you don't ever want to leave the blank tank valve open -- that can create a solid mass of sewage you'll never get rid of. Just my 2 cents, but it's worked for me for since 2009.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:18 AM   #10

360ibl

Our 360 came equipped with a "flush system" you turn it on, when you dump your black tank, to spray out what doesn't naturally dump from the black tank.
We ALWAYS keep the gray and black tanks closed and just watch when the gray fills and needs emptied. If the black tank needs emptied we rinse out the tube with that gray water.
I was just trying to get more water into the black tank, to help with the clean out process.
I do know that it says on our flush system NOT to have valve shut when using. But the person I am I had to try it....... the water ends up coming out from under the bathroom sink. I guess I will just fill the toilet and dump......It is just time consuming and I was hunting for and easier way.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #11

I have a buddy who's flush was hooked to the wrong tank.
Steve29rlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:39 AM   #12

Quote:
Our 360 came equipped with a "flush system" you turn it on, when you dump your black tank, to spray out what doesn't naturally dump from the black tank.
We ALWAYS keep the gray and black tanks closed and just watch when the gray fills and needs emptied. If the black tank needs emptied we rinse out the tube with that gray water.
I was just trying to get more water into the black tank, to help with the clean out process.
I do know that it says on our flush system NOT to have valve shut when using. But the person I am I had to try it....... the water ends up coming out from under the bathroom sink. I guess I will just fill the toilet and dump......It is just time consuming and I was hunting for and easier way.
That just doesn't make any sense to me. But I understand now what you were saying. How the heck does it spray out under the sink? Can you flush all tanks independently, or is it only for the black tank? I guess I'm glad i don't have a built in flush system. Yes, filling the black water tank takes time, but I only flush just before leaving the campground-- as many as 4 or 5 times. I've never felt the need to flush the grey water tank (s)-- i had two on my tt.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve29rlx View Post
I have a buddy who's flush was hooked to the wrong tank.
Ouch!!! Love my camco dual flush valve.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:47 PM   #14

360ibl

The flush only works in the black tank.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:02 PM   #15

Quote:
The flush only works in the black tank.
That's what i suspected. Any idea why the water is coming out under the sink? Do you have the grey tank valve(s) closed when flushing the black tank? There shouldn't be any connection if that valve is closed.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #16

Something isn't right... I use the black tank flush to add water to the black tank all the time... No water shoots out near the sink

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:40 PM   #17

You probably have a vacuum breaker/check valve in your flush line under the sink. It's supposed to be mounted 6" above the black tank, but if it falls down, bad things happen. See this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-a-137348.html

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
You probably have a vacuum breaker/check valve in your flush line under the sink. It's supposed to be mounted 6" above the black tank, but if it falls down, bad things happen. See this thread:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-a-137348.html
This^^^^^! If you follow the hose from the back of your black tank flush hook up it goes up with your bathroom sink plumbing at hooks to a backflow preventer/anti siphoned valve and then goes down to your tank. Unless your black tank was completely full when you turned on the flush, I would say your back flow preventer is bad. It should not spray water out of it unless it's defective.
T1545jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #19

X3....I also add a little water to black tank with valve closed and nothing comes out under sink. Sounds like the other fellas might know what's wrong.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #20

Yup.. something is definitely wrong.

I don't leave my black tank open when I flush. I open the black, let it empty. Close the tank and turn the flush on. I'll let it sit there for about 2 minutes and then open it letting it rush out. I repeat 2 or 3 more times. With the pressure regulator on, you will not fill your black tank in 2-3 minutes of flushing so no need to be concerned.

Once I flush a total of 3-4 times, I then let it sit for about 5 minutes to slow drip anything remaining out so it doesn't back up behind the closed cap and surprise me when I arrive at the next campground.

Then empty the grey tank to flush out the lines again and off I go.