Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2015, 04:37 PM   #1

360IBL Furnace/AC issues

A few weeks ago we needed to use our furnace at night time and we woke up to this clicking. Got up out of bed to walk into the living room and heard the AC unit clicking like the snap/click when you flick a light switch. There was no pattern to it but after camping that weekend and this past holiday weekend I've figured out when it will and won't do it.

The Fan is on Auto so it does not turn on when the furnace kicks on.

When it is time for the furnace to kick on, the AC unit will click for about 30 seconds before the blower turns on for the furnace. Once I hear the clicking, I know the furnace is about to turn on. The clicking is random.. You will hear. Click, pause, click, click, click, pause, click, click, pause (no pattern to the clicks). It sounds like a relay clicking inside the unit but the AC never turns on for any reason which it isn't supposed to.

It will also click when the furnace is about to turn off as well which is really weird to me. So I know exactly when the furnace is going to come on and turn off..

One last thing.. if I turn the furnace on by increasing the temperature to force it on, it doesn't click.. it only does this when the temp is lets say set at 72 and it cycles on and off by itself due to the temperature dropping and rising.

It's going in on Friday to have the long list of warranty issues finally fixed as my one year is up but the work order is still open and reported it before my 1 year expired last week.

Ideas??
Old 10-23-2015, 10:41 PM   #2

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I haven't commented because I have no idea why it would be doing this. We've only used our furnace one so far and it was just for one morning.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #3

Not yet. Dropped it off on the 16th to have the last remaining fixes from my original punch list among other things that have come up. I explained to them in detail on how to do it and I can get it to do it every time.

I don't think I will be getting it back for a good 4-6 weeks because they are going to have to order a new shower drain as this one is rusting badly just like the sink drains did. Typical FR timeframe is 4+ weeks on parts.. at least that is how it has seemed through the 1 year I've owned it. Warranty is over now so I have every little thing being looked at that I have noticed.

Will update once I hear back.. my guess is a thermostat issue because that is what controls both units.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:44 AM   #4

Did this issue get resolved? I'm having same problem.
bhall5368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 06:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhall5368 View Post
Did this issue get resolved? I'm having same problem.
Yup, I swapped out the thermostat and everything has been fine ever since.

I paid $33.99 for it last year so the price jumped but you can Google it as well and see if you can find it cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 07:02 AM   #6

Great! Thanks!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:41 AM   #7

One more quick question, did it only do it while you were trying to use the heat? And not the air-conditioning? Once again thank you very much.

Tags
furnace