Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 11:48 PM   #1

360IBL Slide Toppers

This past weekend I installed 4 slide toppers I purchased for my 360IBL. Here's the info:

Purchased from RV Parts Accessories Appliances Repair & Service | American RV Company + free shipping

Front Bedroom: 78" Dometic Deluxe Black all the way around
* Kept factory installed rail.

Bunk Room: 66" Dometic Deluxe Black all the way around
* this slideout extends far, but well within the maximum
* Removed factory installed rail and replaced with supplied version. There was too much fabric hanging over the factory rails.

Kitchen slide: 150" Dometic Deluxe Black all the way around
* Factory installed rail left about 1.5" overhang on both sides.

Table / recliner side: 156" Dometic Deluxe Black all the way around
* Factory installed rail left about 1" overhang on both sides.

I also purchased 4x black hardware to install. Shipment came via motor freight to my work (farm) with about 15 minutes warning. These items are quite easy to install, but don't come with instructions. I downloaded the instructions from here: https://www.americanrvcompany.com/as...3109384168.pdf

ALWAYS pre-drill your holes. Some will be into aluminum, some only into fiberglass. If you read the instructions you'll know how to address each screw hole. ALWAYS use silicon caulking. Don't skip the anti-billow devices. Follow the instructions.

I kept the factory supplied track I removed for the bunkhouse. I'm a bit concerned the 1" to 1.5" leading edge unsecured area on the back two slide out toppers will need securing. Any advice on that?

I'll try and add some pictures tomorrow.

2015 Coachman Chaparral 360IBL
2012 6.7L Ford F350 SRW
53 nights camped in 2017.
farmncamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:37 AM   #2

If I understand you correctly, You have topper fabric that is not in the rail at the ends? If you have extra rail I would add that to the exiting or cut the fabric down to fit the rail. You will rip those new toppers the first time you drive it from flopping in the wind. When the factory installs them they cut the fabric to fit. You can cut it with scissors. Unless I didn't understand you correctly?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #3

I'd love to see pics
mot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #4

I have started to install the slide toppers myself. I have ordered them from AMAZON. I have installed one on the Bedroom slide and the factory installed rail was long enough to accommodate the slide topper. The rail for the Bunk is too short so I called Coachmen and ordered 16' of rail along with the vinyl cover. In order to ship they had to cut it into 8' lengths. The rail length that I will need is 64-65" so I will remove the rail(59") and replace it with a rail at the length mentioned above. I will replace the two Main slides next. So my suggestion is to order rail from Coachmen so that you will have the appropriate length so as not having to cut the fabric or let it overhang.

"Camping is not just a past time it is my relaxing way of life"
buskirk21921 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide