Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #1

360IBL thermal performance

We have gone a full year with extreme temperatures with our 360IBL. Of course extreme is relative so for me in Texas—the teens when it’s cold and low 100s when it’s hot. Both times were durations about a week. Our last trip two weeks ago to Ouray, CO topped it off with 2in of snow.

First the cold: The furnace could easily manage the cold temps. The fireplace made the living room area cozy. We do use a small electric heater in the living space. The combined fireplace/small heater got it too warm at night.

The snow: I was shocked the snow hardly melted on the slides. The morning we left Grants, NM I had to push the 2” of snow off the slides. I had fully expected the snow to melt off the slides but to my surprise it was just like the ground. If I didn’t push the snow it would have made it past the slide wipers into the trailer. Clearly justification for slide toppers.

The heat: both acs were able to keep up with the high temps. Note we keep it about mid 70’s. I did reseal the duct/ceiling vent with foil tape. The icing on the cake was sleeping. The bedroom AC kept the front area like an ice box.

Overall very impressed with Coachmans claims and performance.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #2

Coachmen builds a very good unit, even through they are under there umbrella now they still build there own quality product. I'm very impressed with what Coachmen puts in and quality of the workmanship. Let's hope the move to forest river will not change there production. Not bashing FR , but just read the difference in complaints, and there are many Coachmen owners. In case you didn't know they just had there 50th international rally, forest river just had there 7th.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:37 AM   #3

360IBL thermal performance

Chaps, I have the same camper. I have to agree with you about the cold weather performance. I'm in New Hampshire and for Thanksgiving we gave up our bedroom for the in-laws and slept in the camper (all slides open) last night. By 6 am this morning it was 6 degrees and windy out. I had set the both zones of the furnace thermostats to 64 earlier in the day, and while it took a while to reach temperature (the outside temp was at or below freezing to start), it maintained 64 overnight. I also set the fireplace at 62 (just in case) and we had a small ceramic heater in the bedroom also set at 64, which popped on for a minute or so from time to time. I was impressed that in the bedroom slide, there was no hint of a draft.

My teenage daughter also slept in the camper, in the bunk room, and was plenty warm. It seems to me that the bunk room, with the heat on and the door closed, may be the warmest room in the camper.

Overall I was happy to find out that our "guest room" is up to the task in cold weather!
SRWNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 08:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRWNH View Post
Chaps, I have the same camper. I have to agree with you about the cold weather performance. I'm in New Hampshire and for Thanksgiving we gave up our bedroom for the in-laws and slept in the camper (all slides open) last night. By 6 am this morning it was 6 degrees and windy out. I had set the both zones of the furnace thermostats to 64 earlier in the day, and while it took a while to reach temperature (the outside temp was at or below freezing to start), it maintained 64 overnight. I also set the fireplace at 62 (just in case) and we had a small ceramic heater in the bedroom also set at 64, which popped on for a minute or so from time to time. I was impressed that in the bedroom slide, there was no hint of a draft.

My teenage daughter also slept in the camper, in the bunk room, and was plenty warm. It seems to me that the bunk room, with the heat on and the door closed, may be the warmest room in the camper.

Overall I was happy to find out that our "guest room" is up to the task in cold weather!
To the Forest River Forums!!!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #5

Thanks! Been a lurker on a few RV sites for a long time.
SRWNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #6

I'm in Northern MN right now in my 2016 360IBL. Human comfort levels have been great, although the master bedroom can get a tad warm.

My issue this week has been that the pump cannot seem to draw any water from the fresh water tank. I fired up the furnace on Tuesday morning, and by Thursday evening the freeze in the supply line (that I am ASSuming is there) has not yet relinquished its grip.
jorn_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:55 PM   #7

Regarding the fresh water pump —Just checking, the furnace has been running since it dropped below freezing?

I know the pump itself should not freeze based on its location (basement- under the bathroom). Also I assume the furnace keeps the tanks warm as well based on the ducting that I can see in the basement. That said, the fresh water tank is located at the rear end of the trailer and on my rig the furnace heat is not that good in the living room by the sofa. Not sure if all are like that.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote