Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2019, 04:14 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
I guess the question would be... what kind of rig does he have and what kind of t-stat and a/c.

Just pointing out that there are rigs out there with a/c's that have no ability to cycle the fan off and on.
Correct ! it's fairly new and i have found this on the atwood ac
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #22

2018 coachmen Catalina legacy 243 RBS. OK,,, The AC is a Coleman mach. I crawled in my trailer took a pic on my cell of the T stat of course, no manuals on my ac unit. Of course I cant figure out how to get the pic to this post.
Lee Pedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:58 PM   #23

The Atwood's have a stupid sensor in the air flow that keeps sempling the air and keeping the fan on. Don't know what possessed them to do that and not let the t-stat do the work.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:10 PM   #24

Did some on line digging,,,,my A/C is a coleman mach 3 plus. I have a pic of the T-stat but don't know how to get it here. I click on the above photo icon and it asks me for a URL. Ok? what the hell is that? I don't want to send you all my whole family photo history..
Old 03-01-2019, 05:19 PM   #25
Dobbs from WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Maybe at night.... but all day long??? No thank you!
We are mostly outside during the day. After all, camping is supposed to be enjoying the big outdoors, right?
Dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #26
Carknocker Family

To attach pic....

At the bottom of the new post page you will see a box that says manage attachment. Hit that a new window will open.

Then you hit the button that says choose file, and upload
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:27 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Pedrick View Post
Did some on line digging,,,,my A/C is a coleman mach 3 plus. I have a pic of the T-stat but don't know how to get it here. I click on the above photo icon and it asks me for a URL. Ok? what the hell is that? I don't want to send you all my whole family photo history..
Here is thread on how to add photos, post #7

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...sics-6778.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 06:19 PM   #28

Or click the paperclip icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ida Ratherbe Camping View Post
To attach pic....

At the bottom of the new post page you will see a box that says manage attachment. Hit that a new window will open.

Then you hit the button that says choose file, and upload
Or click the paperclip icon at the top, next to the smiley.

Larry
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 07:04 PM   #29

Quote:
you need to scan through the mode button and you should see the fan settings
Old 03-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
...but you said "most travel trailer rooftop units, the fan does run all the time" which, as cavie wrote, is not true.
Oh for crying out loud..... change the 'most' to 'some' and quit beating a dead horse. My experience with rooftop units obviously doesn't compare to yours because the ones I've seen do not have fans that shut off when the compressor shuts off.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:22 AM   #31
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbs View Post
We are mostly outside during the day. After all, camping is supposed to be enjoying the big outdoors, right?
Remember, we all “camp” differently.
Old 03-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
Oh for crying out loud..... change the 'most' to 'some' and quit beating a dead horse. My experience with rooftop units obviously doesn't compare to yours because the ones I've seen do not have fans that shut off when the compressor shuts off.
In all honesty...I've never owned or seen a RV AC unit that runs continiously. Everyone I've seen, the fan cycles on and off with comp. Maybe there are some....but I've never seen one.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:59 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
In all honesty...I've never owned or seen a RV AC unit that runs continiously. Everyone I've seen, the fan cycles on and off with comp. Maybe there are some....but I've never seen one.
They are becoming more and more common . like the atwoods . used to be dometic or colemen only . times change and before long we become outdated
Old 03-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Our 2015 Dynamax REV MH has one and our 2011 Cikira Classic Cruiser also has one where the fan runs continuously when turned on. I find it annoying, but we're outdoor people so we don't spend a lot of time in the rigs. Obviously, we tend to buy less expensive rigs, so maybe that accounts for the a/c units.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:32 PM   #35

I have 2 fan blades and one fan motor that shuts off with the compressor.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:22 PM   #36

AC runs 24/7, PITA!

I guess I can't post any pics in a reply so I'll try this: the controls on the right only do two things: Auto will give me AC,,, the fan on only gives me just fan. the low highs do nothing. I'am trying to figure out what the "PLUS" means in the title : Coleman mach 3 plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190301_161009 (1) T -stat.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	449.6 KB
ID:	197974  
Old 03-02-2019, 07:14 PM   #37

Quote:
I guess I can't post any pics in a reply so I'll try this: the controls on the right only do two things: Auto will give me AC,,, the fan on only gives me just fan. the low highs do nothing. I'am trying to figure out what the "PLUS" means in the title : Coleman mach 3 plus.
Lee,

All the Coleman Mach a/c manuals indicate the thermostat directions are contained in the separate thermostat manuals.

Per this page, you have the black heat/cool model, analog, which is #7330F3852. (You may have a slightly different model depending on when made.)

https://www.airxcel.com/coleman-mach...og-thermostats

In their library, they don't list a manual for the F3852 in the 7000 series, but they do list one for the F3851. That manual indicates it's for 7330*385* indicating it's for all units with those numbers.

https://www.airxcel.com/DesktopModul...df/1976190.pdf

According to the diagram on p. 4 of the PDF, when in COOL mode, you have 4 control settings: AUTO HI, AUTO LO, ON HI and ON LO. In the first two modes, the compressor AND fan should cycle to the thermostat set point. In the last two modes, the compressor should cycle to the thermostat set point but the fan should run continuously.

You indicated that the HI/LO settings don't do anything for you. But those are the four control settings. If they don't do anything, then either the thermostat is defective or it's wired incorrectly.

If you have it on AUTO HI or AUTO LO and the fan does not cycle with the compressor, there are two tests you can run:

1) Turn the thermostat up to 90. Assuming it's below 90 in your unit, the compressor and fan should cycle off. If they do not, the thermostat is defective or it's wired incorrectly.

2). Turn the thermostat back to around 3 degrees below room temperature and change it from AUTO to ON HI or LO. See if once the unit cools to the thermostat set point, the compressor and fan cycle off. You should definitely hear the compressor cycle off, so what you are looking for is the fan cycling off. If it cycles off in ON mode, then the thermostat is wired incorrectly. The fan should cycle on and off with the compressor in AUTO mode, not in ON mode.

If all else fails, get a new thermostat. A new one of your model costs $57.

Here is a service manual if you want to dig deeper:

https://www.airxcel.com/DesktopModul...df/1976376.pdf
Old 03-02-2019, 10:04 PM   #38

I should have mentioned that the service manual contains additional technical tests you can run if you want. There are also some diagnostic flow charts, but there is not one for continuous running fan. With the tests I mentioned and following the section of the manual before the flow charts, you should find your problem. Good luck.
Old 03-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #39

Thank you very much! I printed everything out. I believe now that this unit will cycle fan on and off when I input the right settings and switch positions. Still got a couple more weeks before I remove the cover and dewinterize. (Delaware) Thanks again.
Old 03-07-2019, 07:43 PM   #40

The technician at the dealer actually suggested with the AC run the fan at all times on either high or low in cool mode to keep from icing up the coils. The compressor will cycle at the set temp but the fan will continue to run. Use the auto fan setting with the furnace. My unit is 2 years old.
t56fixer is offline   Reply With Quote