Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 12:51 PM   #1

Any owners of Northern Spirit / Spirit TTs?

Hey folks in our quest for a couples camper, we stumbled on the Northern Spirit (Spirit) 2342BH on a local dealer's website. This model has a lot of what we are looking for and am just curious if there is anyone here that owns a TT from this line and might have some feedback to offer? Thanks in advance!
JaysFan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #2

Hmmm... this is not encouraging lol

How about some general observations on Coachmen construction (floor, roof) and overall fit and finish (understanding that all brands have their issues these days) Thanks
Old 07-10-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
Site Team

This is either a brand new Coachmen line or a re-named one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 03:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
This is either a brand new Coachmen line or a re-named one.
Looks like it's a brand new line:

https://youtu.be/31NvqhmN_Ik
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Looks like it's a brand new line:

https://youtu.be/31NvqhmN_Ik
Thanks for the link. I reached out to Coachmen directly and this line-up rolled out in 2018 so yes, very new. They were very helpful and quick to respond. Checking the 2342BH on Saturday.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysFan64 View Post
Thanks for the link. I reached out to Coachmen directly and this line-up rolled out in 2018 so yes, very new. They were very helpful and quick to respond. Checking the 2342BH on Saturday.
Yes you're right about this line being new. So new as a matter of fact, they don't have specifics yet, TBD....

Spirit/Northern Spirit Travel Trailers by Coachmen RV

I have found Coachmen very helpful when I would need information from them. And yes they do respond quickly. I will say we like our Coachmen Apex 269RBKS
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 01-28-2021, 01:56 AM   #7
Peace through Camping

Ciao
Am moving up from a Rockwood High Wall hard side A frame and looking at 2021 COACHMEN RV NORTHERN SPIRIT XTR 1840RBX (newest, smallest model), but having challenges getting any feedback from current owners/dealer and coachman ie. How is the enclosed underbelly heated? What make or model is the TV. I am just a curious guy. I know there is a vent and fan in the bathroom, but there is also a vent (fan??) in the bed room. Is there a black tank flush?

Nothing critical or a deal breaker. The owners manual is interesting, but a bit generic. Nonetheless any input would be appreciated Thanks for any input

Larry

Any salad can became a Cesar salad if you stab it enough
Old 01-28-2021, 01:12 PM   #8

We received our 2021 2963BH right around thanksgiving time and being in Wisconsin have not had a chance to use it. But we did have some friends over that is waiting for their 2659BH to check it out and have some cold ones! I didn't realize there was heated floors but that will be nice. They just use smaller hoses off the heater and pump it down there. Nothing special. The build quality seems good but have only towed it a short distance home. We really like the flip up bed, no one out there yet has it.
2019 Rockwood ROO 233S, 1998 Dutchman 747SL, 1988 Jayco 1006, 2001 Skyline Nomad 3710BH,1997 Coachman Catalina lite 249 QB, 2001 Palomino Mustang SC
Wisconsin-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:32 AM   #9

Did a Google search and I found 1 review. It's for a 2020 model.

I copied and pasted it for you. This review came from RVinsider.com. The reviewer gave it a 4 out of 5 stars....

"2020 Coachmen Spirit 1943RB View Listings

Factory Warranty / Support For a small travel trailer the floorplan looks very roomy and is perfect for the two of us. Unfortunately there were some workmanship problems from the very beginning. First the circuit breaker for the 30 amp service of the whole coach and the 20 amp service for the air conditioner were reversed. The front cap on the travel trailer was not secure to the bottom of the frame. The Fossett on the kitchen sink although very pretty was not functional when you turn the water on it’s splashed all over the counter and the floor and there was no pressure. The shower stall walls were not even around the shower pan so one side of the shower Water splashed up over the pan underneath on the floor. The water diverter for the slide did not prevent water from getting inside the coach While we were driving in a rainstorm. As you can see there were problems but we took them to a local dealer to have warranty work done to correct everything. As I said at the beginning of this review The floorplan is exceptional but the quality control sucks.- Skip Gimbrone, Arizona"
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 01-29-2021, 08:04 PM   #10
Peace through Camping

Thanks for your quick response. We too (two) are Wisconsites, Event City (Oshkosh) Am anxious to camp. collect trailer 15 April, first trip one month later.

Would you please tell me the brand name of the TV? Will post more once I have more information after I bring it home
Old 01-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #11

I have the 2021 Coachman freedom Express 195RBS and Can speak for my Coachman quality experience. I give 4.5 stars out of 5. here's why
We took delivery with short walk through and everything checked good but was on city water. once home and tested pump water "nothing" pump ran but didnt pump. dealer found pinched water line and repaired quickly. other than that we have had an awesome experience so far. So 5 camping and 6 full day trips later and nothing has surprised us in a bad way. Only thing left for us to do that I consider mandatory and you should try to get dealer to comp or replace is, switching to Goodyear tires.
All fit and finish is sound and tight.
thats a nice looking rig. I think you will be very happy with Coachman especially if your dealer is a good one
Good Luck and Welcome to the Life, Living the Dream
805Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:03 PM   #12

my experience with our 2659BH

We were not impressed by our 2659BH. We love the layout. It's great for our family but the build quality took a nosedive. We took possession of our on 7/2020 after we sold our 2015 213BH Coachmen Catalina that was well used but still operating wonderfully. I think the build quality on the 2015 was 10x better than this more expensive model.

I've already had the roof replaced in the new one. It was delivered without a window valance in the Master Bedroom. The toilet leaked. the shelf in the bathroom vanity was not secured properly. And the awning mounts don't appear to be properly aligned.

Again - we love the layout...but knowing what I know now...and considering the payment...I would rather have kept the old trailer.
WKUalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 07:26 AM   #13

New 2557RB Owners

We just picked up our 2557RB a week ago. Haven't even had time to level it and put the slide out yet. One issue I'm not happy with already is the lack of a ladder. Thought I would add one, but manufacturer tells me there are no pre-installed backers for a ladder. Has anyone added a ladder to their Spirit?
mikelm48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:43 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelm48 View Post
We just picked up our 2557RB a week ago. Haven't even had time to level it and put the slide out yet. One issue I'm not happy with already is the lack of a ladder. Thought I would add one, but manufacturer tells me there are no pre-installed backers for a ladder. Has anyone added a ladder to their Spirit?
Thought I would update this post now that I have been able to go through the unit. I was happy that I have not found any major problems, no water leaks and everything seems to be working. I found a couple small items, a loose piece of trim and screws attaching the booth to the wall were pulled out. Seems they were just screwed into the luan. Probably happened at the dealer, they swapped out the theater seats for a tri-fold sofa. The sofa turned out to be a bigger issue. It appears to have been assembled incorrectly and the fold out mechanism is not mounted square in the frame. I contacted Lippert yesterday and they opened a case on it. The last issue I found is that the closed underbelly. It is covered with a fiber cloth with multiple overlapped pieces sealed with tape. Unfortunately significant amounts of the tape have fallen off after the trip home. I plan to reseal the underbelly myself.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:49 AM   #15

I got under the trailer today to retape the underbelly. What I found was better than I had thought. The material used is a one piece corregated plastic sheet about 1/8" thick. The tape was used to repair cuts that were apparently made to do work after the belly was covered. They obviously didn't take much time installing the tape, since most of it blew off. Took about a 1/2 hour to replace those.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:47 PM   #16

We just bought a brand new 2021 Coachmen Northern Spirit 2659bh up here in Canada at GNR Camping World. Only 1 trip under our belt so far. No issues except the built in solar controller is throwing an error code even though it is working perfectly fine. That part is annoying considering its a brand new unit. If I run into any more issues I will post an update.

-RP
rparamount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:13 AM   #17

We purchased our 2659bh in late April. I knew the model came “solar ready” with the solar port and charge controller but was unaware a panel was already installed on the roof. Does yours have the same? I’m curious what type of error code you have and whether you received a manual for your charge controller? I noticed the green light on ours but no indication whether the panel was active or the load being drawn. Only issue we’ve had so far was the microwave not working and the radio mysteriously turning on when not in use����*♂️����*♂️ We will see what the dealership comes up with.
btyriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:49 AM   #18

Ours 1943RB came with a 100w panel on the roof and Victron controller shown in the pic. It has a one page sheet that explains the controller functions, not sure I would call it a manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by btyriver View Post
We purchased our 2659bh in late April. I knew the model came “solar ready” with the solar port and charge controller but was unaware a panel was already installed on the roof. Does yours have the same? I’m curious what type of error code you have and whether you received a manual for your charge controller? I noticed the green light on ours but no indication whether the panel was active or the load being drawn. Only issue we’ve had so far was the microwave not working and the radio mysteriously turning on when not in use����*♂️����*♂️ We will see what the dealership comes up with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	619249DE-3C5B-4D73-BCE4-8AE967CCDA14.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	337.1 KB
ID:	255468  
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Yes I have the panel already installed on the roof with the controller. The controller blinks red and the code is "d" which is apparently debug mode. However, it's stuck in that mode and won't go back to normal. The tech at the dealership tested everything and said that the panel was working and charging the batteries, it's just that the controller is throwing an error even though everything is fine. I plan on going to get it fixed, but I'm using the trailer right now and have electrical hookups everywhere I'm going so I'm not in a rush. I'll take it to get looked at in a few weeks. I did not receive a manual but I found a one page pdf on their website. It's not very informative though.

-RP
rparamount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 10:23 AM   #20

Quote:
I'm sure you have the 12v refrigerator. The solar panel is provided to keep your battery charged when not plugged in so you can continue to use the refrigerator.