Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #1

Anyone Else Have A 2014 Apex 288bhs With Issues??

My first post HELLO ALL!!! We have owned 2 other trailers in the past, I'm a mechanic by trade so I over hauled my first trailer and fixed up the second. This year after 3 trailer shows we found "the one" 2014 Apex 288bhs. This trailer is just what we wanted except all the troubles
We started out with the fresh water tank leaking during the $500.00 PDI. 3 weeks later we got our new trailer home. I noticed when I pulled home the trailer was very noisy? We went out for a quick trip and discovered we had no hot water. I found out quickly the bypass was never opened OK EZ fix only to find the anode rod wasn't tight and water was leaking all over the ground. Of course I don't have an 1 1/16 socket with me so back to town to get one. After that the rest of the weekend was great. The next trip was a big one to Yellowstone again the trailer was very squeaky all the time?? I also discovered going down our first mountain that only 1 of the 4 brakes were adjusted correctly. This made for some white knuckle driving After I adjusted the drums properly I noticed how out of round they are. The truck jerks horribly when the brakes are applied. I will machine all 4 drums when our season ends in about a month here. I bought grease able axle pivot bolts from Lippart and installed them last week. This seems to have solved the noise issues. I also noticed the electric side of the hot water tank was not working. I still need to check that this weekend. I checked the element and it's ok so something else is wrong. I gave up on going back to the dealer because of poor service and long wait times. I was disappointed to have to pay for the axle pivot bolts because they were an upgrade?? Not sure if anyone else is having similar problem with their apex? I know not all the issues are with coachmen but I had called and mentioned that the brake deal wasn't cool. Anytime I talked to someone I just felt it was a bunch of finger pointing and no one would accept responsibility so I just fixed it myself. I had no choice in the $500.00 PDI but it sure wasn't done to acceptable standards
DJ2GO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #2

We have an Apex 18bh. We also had some minor problems...like you the bypass on the hot water. The sink drain pipe needed tightening. Under one bench were some pipe ends...maybe for an outside shower....they leaked and had to be sealed. But these were DIY. We've had several trips with no problems. We love the Littlehouse

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags