Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2020, 01:22 PM   #1

Anyone have a recent 17bh and a measuring tape?

Hi all,

My wife and I just put a deposit down on a 2021 Clipper 17bh. We're doing some planning on how to use it with our toddler (20 months) and need to figure out the opening dimensions into the lower bunk. Specifically, to figure out what bed rail might fit and how to block out some light. If someone here has one, can you let me know what the opening's width and height is to the lower bunk? Thanks!
Plan-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 01:25 PM   #2
RV There Yet?

i dont have that camper, so i cant help you on the measurements, but i can offer some help with the windows. we use the window clings you get at target and walmart in the baby section and put them on the windows. blocks a TON of light and helps reduce the thermal load.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsleDog View Post
i dont have that camper, so i cant help you on the measurements, but i can offer some help with the windows. we use the window clings you get at target and walmart in the baby section and put them on the windows. blocks a TON of light and helps reduce the thermal load.
Yeah, good call. We have our 2nd kiddo due this December and were thinking we'd want to minimize light from both directions while they're really little, then let them have full window access as they get older. Sounds like these clings might do the trick since they're probably removable at some point.
Old 08-07-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
RV There Yet?

the window clings are static, just unfold and rub onto the window! can be removed at any point. you would be surprised at how well they fall asleep in a fairly well lit trailer. we have a big window and my 16 month old daughter sleeps just fine. we pull the curtains down to block some light. we did get a wireless camera that does NOT use WIFI to keep an eye on her. mounted it to the wall with 3M velcro. has sound, color screen, infrared for night, can play music if you want, 2 way audio, and tells you the temp!! the battery really does last a very long time on the screen.

https://www.amazon.com/Video-Baby-Mo...s%2C158&sr=8-4
Old 08-09-2020, 12:34 AM   #5

Anyone have a recent 17bh and a measuring tape?

I have a 2015 if that helps. From what I’ve seen the layout is pretty much the same, I just don’t have the upper cutout in the wall.
It’s in the driveway so I can measure tomorrow on request!
Fluffywhitedogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 03:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
I have a 2015 if that helps. From what I’ve seen the layout is pretty much the same, I just don’t have the upper cutout in the wall.
It’s in the driveway so I can measure tomorrow on request!
Yeah, I can't imagine they changed the wall configuration that much. I'd really appreciate it if you can give me an idea of what your lower bunk opening measures out to be. Thanks!!
Old 08-10-2020, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan-B View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine they changed the wall configuration that much. I'd really appreciate it if you can give me an idea of what your lower bunk opening measures out to be. Thanks!!

I’m headed home soon, I’ll have that for you within a couple hours!
Old 08-10-2020, 05:05 PM   #8

Quote:
It didn’t occur to me that you needed the height as well. I’ve taken my bunks out so can’t give you exact measurements, but my best guess based on marks on the walls is that you have about 30” from the top of the lower platform to the bottom of the upper.
Attached pics for width:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	308.7 KB
ID:	236278Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0495.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	236279
Old 08-10-2020, 05:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffywhitedogs View Post
It didn’t occur to me that you needed the height as well. I’ve taken my bunks out so can’t give you exact measurements, but my best guess based on marks on the walls is that you have about 30” from the top of the lower platform to the bottom of the upper.
Thanks for that! That's all we really need for now. We just want to be able to research bed rails that might suit our needs, but we'll wait until delivery to actually buy anything. Much appreciated!!
Old 08-10-2020, 05:10 PM   #10

Quote:
Thanks for that! That's all we really need for now. We just want to be able to research bed rails that might suit our needs, but we'll wait until delivery to actually buy anything. Much appreciated!!

No problem!
Old 08-12-2020, 04:03 PM   #11

I have a 2016 17BH.

I tested out a few bed rails and the best I could find was this one from Amazon:

hiccapop Convertible Crib Toddler Bed Rail Guard with Reinforced Anchor Safety

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits the space perfectly and can fold out almost flat against the bottom of the bunk
NYR774 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 06:46 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR774 View Post
I have a 2016 17BH.

I tested out a few bed rails and the best I could find was this one from Amazon:

hiccapop Convertible Crib Toddler Bed Rail Guard with Reinforced Anchor Safety

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It fits the space perfectly and can fold out almost flat against the bottom of the bunk
Nice, that actually came up in one of my searches. Thanks for the pointer!