Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2017, 03:54 PM   #1

Apex 249 rbs heat ducts

Are there just 2 heat ducts in this 28-foot trailer? Looking at 360-degree views and see no heat in the bathroom or bedroom. Both ducts I can see are in the main salon area. Probably a deal breaker. Hope someone knows for sure.

The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:12 AM   #2

Maybe this is reason nobody seems to have one.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:59 AM   #3

One way to find out, if you don't have a dealer nearby to actually see one, would be to send Coachmen an e-mail about your question. I have found them to be pretty good about answering my questions.

Ben Kruip Service Rep
Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes

Emily Kline Sales Rep
Coachmen RV - Manufacturer of Travel Trailers - Fifth Wheels - Tent Campers - Motorhomes
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 05:12 PM   #4

Thank you.

Old 10-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #5

When we bought our 29rks,it only had 1 in the living area.. The bath had a 4 in. duct going to it. Very hot in there. I bought a adapter and taped into the furnace plenum and used the 4 in and mounted a round swiivel register and put it in the stairs going up to the bed room. Used anothe 4x2 adapter and put a 2 in line to the bathroom. Worked well and solved the problem. Warm living area and cooler in the bath.

2011 Ram Mega Cab 3500 Larimie dually
2016 Chaparral 370FL
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:50 PM   #6

We have a 2016 249RBS and there is indeed a heat duct in the bedroom along with two in the salon. There is not one in the bathroom, which is weird, but the furthest one back in the salon points directly at the bathroom doorway, so it's never been a problem. I did buy a small $10 heater at W/M before we camped last winter (just in case), but never needed it.

BTW, we love our Apex and just got off a five week/3K mile trip. No issues whatsoever!
slottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 06:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by slottere View Post
We have a 2016 249RBS and there is indeed a heat duct in the bedroom along with two in the salon. There is not one in the bathroom, which is weird, but the furthest one back in the salon points directly at the bathroom doorway, so it's never been a problem. I did buy a small $10 heater at W/M before we camped last winter (just in case), but never needed it.

BTW, we love our Apex and just got off a five week/3K mile trip. No issues whatsoever!
Thanks for the helpful info.

Old 11-16-2017, 02:27 PM   #8

slottere: does your bedroom heat vent move as much air as the two in the salon area? Ours just barely blows any heat, but dealer checked it and says it is fine. Could it be designed to work that way because it's in a small space?

Old 11-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #9

Hi! I never checked the air flow from the BR heat vent since it has always been warm enough in the BR at night. I also have the front salon vent pointed at the BR, so maybe that's part of it. [We never fully close the BR door since it's only the two of us!] I'll run the furnace tomorrow when I'm over at the trailer & let you know. Cheers! Richard
Old 11-16-2017, 05:56 PM   #10

mjones12: Well, this really peaked my interest so I just went over to the trailer & checked out the furnace! The flow in the BR vent is clearly less than the other two, so your dealer is probably correct. I think the issue is that the two salon vents are a short/direct path from the furnace, while the BR ductwork must travel through the undercarriage & then turn back toward the vent under the bed. As I mentioned, this has not been an issue for us & we have camped in low 40's/upper 30's. Note: DW does have an electric throw that she uses on cold nights before going to bed in the RV, but she does that at home, too! LOL!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:32 PM   #11

Good to know. Thanks so much for your quick answer. We've just had the unit for about 2 weeks and just began a 2-week trip here in NC. I will do a review on the camper after T-giving. But so far we are loving it, having come out of a 25-foot Surveyor.