Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2020, 07:33 PM   #1

Apex detailed INFO - where is it?

Where can I find ANY details for a particular Apex model - 290 BHS 2021? The information on the website is extremely sparse. VERY little description, no drawings, no schematics, no piping diagrams, no specific model information, no part information. The owners manual and videos are quite honestly a joke. WHO do we talk to to get decent information? My order was supposed to go in tomorrow and might just STOP.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:19 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
Where can I find ANY details for a particular Apex model - 290 BHS 2021? The information on the website is extremely sparse. VERY little description, no drawings, no schematics, no piping diagrams, no specific model information, no part information. The owners manual and videos are quite honestly a joke. WHO do we talk to to get decent information? My order was supposed to go in tomorrow and might just STOP.
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you are not going to find most of what you are looking for. There are no drawings, schematics plumbing or electrical wiring diagrams. This is true for many RVs. Also most of the literature available has a disclaimer that things are subject to change without notice. If you are placing an order, make sure you see the unit you want and that the order lists details as to the OEM items included. This is especially important now as Covid restrictions and demand for RVs has caused many part shortages sometimes resulting in substitutions. If you want to get exactly what you want your best bet is to find it on a lot and grab it. Get as much info you can from the dealer then make sure your order details what you expect.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Yep, such information doesn't exist. Just generic RV systems information. Individual things, like fridge/furnace/oven/air conditioner, have their own separate manual, from their respective manufacturers.
This has been the standard in the RV Industry for years.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:39 AM   #4

Seems silly. A schematic for electrical is important if want to do anything. Example - USB ports in bunks and other locations. It would be VERY helpful to know the amp capacity for fast charging devices. Another would be how are the batteries maintained and does it back feed to the truck when the trailer wiring is connected? What amperage does it charge at? Where is the wiring located so you don't hit it drilling or putting screws in the walls?
Old 11-27-2020, 11:40 AM   #5

Will the factory help?

Would a tour of the factory help to find wiring locations and to talk to people installing the devices?
Old 11-27-2020, 11:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Seems silly. A schematic for electrical is important if want to do anything. Example - USB ports in bunks and other locations. It would be VERY helpful to know the amp capacity for fast charging devices. Another would be how are the batteries maintained and does it back feed to the truck when the trailer wiring is connected? What amperage does it charge at? Where is the wiring located so you don't hit it drilling or putting screws in the walls?
All that you just listed are things that are learned and not provided.

You will learn all of this stuff here.

Bruce
Old 11-27-2020, 11:49 AM   #7

I'd rather learn before making mistakes.

Well I'll just keep trying. I'd rather know what I'm dealing with rather than running a screw in the wall and hitting wiring or just surving with something poorly designed and installed. I se VERY little here to help.
Old 11-27-2020, 11:54 AM   #8

Quote:
Well I'll just keep trying. I'd rather know what I'm dealing with rather than running a screw in the wall and hitting wiring or just surving with something poorly designed and installed. I se VERY little here to help.
It sounds like owning an RV might not be up your alley then. Not everything you desire is handed to you on a silver platter, so you will need to do some research if you want to survive RV ownership.

Bruce
Old 11-27-2020, 12:04 PM   #9

That is precisely what I am trying to do by asking questions. Have a nice day.
Old 11-27-2020, 12:28 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Do you have a detailed wiring diagram of your Mini Cooper?

I'm not sure what this means: "I se VERY little here to help." I promise you no one here has what you want. Maybe someone here would help if anyone here had what you think you need.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 01:19 PM   #11

I can get detailed service information for ANY vehicle on the road including wiring schematics, specs on alternators all the way down to harness locations. YOU may never have tried to find them but they are out there or can be obtained from the manufacturer. Would you like to see the full technical service manuals and parts listing/diagrams I have for some cars?
I get it, RV manufacturers are not as forthcoming with info. I am asking if anyone has ever had any success getting more info? If someone has info an a 2021 Apex 290 RBS or even similar model information, that would be helpful. I have searched numerous sites and found nothing to very little. It's amazing to me as even the "Owners Manual" is generic and does not describe operation or features or specs.

Your point that people would help if they had anything I'm sure is true and I hope someone with answers will respond, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #12

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yep, such information doesn't exist. This has been the standard in the RV Industry for years.
Yes, this was FR choice when I had my Wildcat 5th wheel. We now have a Winnebago MH and ALL info is available online for all their products.

It has to be a great undertaking to catalog all the info for each model but Winnebago still continues to do it.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #13

If you haven't already tried, call the support folks at your unit's manufacturer. I was sent an email with a full set of technical drawings by Coachmen simply by asking. Apparently was already put together ready to go.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:13 PM   #14

Choice with Info

Cover Dog, What surprises me is SOMEWHERE in these organizations is information that is used to do the manufacturing and material ordering. I would guess they also have "build" sheets showing options. It would not be that difficult to put some of that information on a website with ID verification for ownership proof. Any business that thinks publishing that kind of information would lead to duplication isn't considering that anything can be taken apart and the information collected. If someone wants to duplicate, they can take the time and effort and do it. So worrying about publishing that information is not a reason to not do it. Yes it is work to create a place to share and keep it updated. It is also work to collect the information and insure it's appropriate. But hard, not at all. Costly, I doubt. Right now, they must have all dealership repair tech personnel just feeling their way through repairs - sarcasm - why would that lead me to believe there are service manuals, no matter how rudimentary. I wonder if the core issue is legal use in liability cases?
Old 11-27-2020, 03:15 PM   #15

Chuck C

Thank you Chuck - I did try, but only once. I'll follow up. It's great to know someone has gotten info. Here's hoping

Can I ask what they sent?

Dave
Old 11-27-2020, 03:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Cover Dog, What surprises me is SOMEWHERE in these organizations is information that is used to do the manufacturing and material ordering. I would guess they also have "build" sheets showing options. It would not be that difficult to put some of that information on a website with ID verification for ownership proof. Any business that thinks publishing that kind of information would lead to duplication isn't considering that anything can be taken apart and the information collected. If someone wants to duplicate, they can take the time and effort and do it. So worrying about publishing that information is not a reason to not do it. Yes it is work to create a place to share and keep it updated. It is also work to collect the information and insure it's appropriate. But hard, not at all. Costly, I doubt. Right now, they must have all dealership repair tech personnel just feeling their way through repairs - sarcasm - why would that lead me to believe there are service manuals, no matter how rudimentary. I wonder if the core issue is legal use in liability cases?
RVs are built just like houses. For house permits, the plumber submits generic riser diagrams, the electrician submits generic wiring diagrams, the HVAC contractor submits his not-so-generic, but not exact layout and the builder submits his building plans. That’s about as detailed as it gets, and all of those records are filed with the permit applications. All of the submittals I just mentioned are just rough ideas of how something will layout during the construction of the house and that’s it. Once construction begins, the drawings on file will usually bear no resemblance to how things are actually installed and built. Everything changes during construction based on so many factors — who is doing the work, what’s in the way, which options are included, etc., etc., but the end product is inspected to ensure everything is done correctly/to code.

Ask your home builder or your local code enforcement people for the things you are looking for with your RV in your house and see what that gets you. I can tell you with absolute certainty you will not get the detail you are looking for — you might get some generic diagrams like I described above if you’re lucky, but you will never get anything showing where those water lines, drain pipes, gas lines and wires actually are in the walls, floors and ceilings that you are going to put a screw or nail through while hanging a picture or installing shelves. You won’t even find joists, studs, headers or most other lumber in the places shown on the building plans. The construction of a house is a dynamic process, just as with an RV.

You just can’t expect for there to be a drawing of where everything really is in your RV...or your house. Even though every particular model might be the same, they are also all different.

Bruce
Old 11-27-2020, 04:20 PM   #17

Nomad

It seems you like to make negative, defeatist comments. You don't know what I want or need but you know EXACTLY what you THINK I'll get. Don't need or want your input, Thank You.
Old 11-27-2020, 04:25 PM   #18

Quote:
It seems you like to make negative, defeatist comments. You don't know what I want or need but you know EXACTLY what you THINK I'll get. Don't need or want your input, Thank You.
I’m just stating facts to help you realize what you are looking for is most likely unobtainable.

I will not offer any more help.

Bruce
Old 11-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #19
D W

Quote:
Do you have a wiring diagram/schematic for your house? Probably not. If you call in an electrician, or a contractor for renovations, they don't have schematics, either. They use special tools to locate wiring behind walls, including studs. The "amp capacity" for a given circuit is determined by the circuit breaker/fuse controlling that circuit. The battery charging system is your converter. The charging rate is determined by the state of charge your batteries are in by use of a microprocessor. Due to the size of the wire in your 7 pin TV connector, back feed is negligent. Electrical current is determined by demand and not by connection. As someone already pointed out, Forest River does not manufacture the electrical devices or appliances, but the manuals are readily available from the respective manufacturer for free on their web sites. Like the rest of us, you have to figure it out, i.e. "do the work".
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 04:51 PM   #20
Site Team

When you complete the purchase, you should be given a build sheet which lists the manufacturer, model and serial # for all the major OEM items installed. You can use the manufacturer's web site to get a detailed owners manual and parts list for each OEM item. As mentioned above you will not get detailed plumbing and wiring schematics. If these are a deal breaker, I suggest you reconsider the purchase of a TT.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led