Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2020, 05:04 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
When you complete the purchase, you should be given a build sheet which lists the manufacturer, model and serial # for all the major OEM items installed. You can use the manufacturer's web site to get a detailed owners manual and parts list for each OEM item. As mentioned above you will not get detailed plumbing and wiring schematics. If these are a deal breaker, I suggest you reconsider the purchase of a TT.
Thanks, but no thanks Flybob. I'll keep working on it and will see if I get anywhere like others have. Usually the right approach will get results in this type of matter. I deal with over a 100 different suppliers in industry for engineering information and it usually works. My comment about holding back is just a reaction and frustration after spending days trying to hunt down information I can usually find on any car or equipment I deal with in less time. Thanks for the idea of making sure I get the build sheet!
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 06:52 PM   #22

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
When you complete the purchase, you should be given a build sheet which lists the manufacturer, model and serial # for all the major OEM items installed. You can use the manufacturer's web site to get a detailed owners manual and parts list for each OEM item. As mentioned above you will not get detailed plumbing and wiring schematics. If these are a deal breaker, I suggest you reconsider the purchase of a TT.

We had our Wildcat 5th wheel for 2 years and throughly enjoyed it before moving to a Winnebago MH.

Winnebago supplied us with a large Satchel with about seven different compartments. We have 3 spiral bound owners manuals about 1/2-3/4” thick put together just for our MH with the serial number and model of our coach. Included is detailed info of every item in our unit and how to use it. And yes we have a build sheet w/all mfg.’s product serial numbers and contact info, down to the ser. number and DOT date code for our 6 tires.

All we got from FR was a kitchen drawer with several mfg. spec sheets and a couple of generic owner manuals. I went online and printed everything I could about the products in our 5th wheel and gave that notebook to the dealer for the new owner.

I’m sure some company’s already do this and would hope that other company’s might step up and do this to give to their customers. It was one reason we went with Winnebago.

NRA Endowment Life Member, FMCA #455593, WIT #170814 & Mid-Ohio Winnies
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 09:01 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
I am asking if anyone has ever had any success getting more info? If someone has info an a 2021 Apex 290 RBS or even similar model information, that would be helpful. I have searched numerous sites and found nothing to very little. It's amazing to me as even the "Owners Manual" is generic and does not describe operation or features or specs.

Your point that people would help if they had anything I'm sure is true and I hope someone with answers will respond, I would greatly appreciate it.
Dedobias,
Please dont be mad at these forum members offering what they know even if it's not the answer you want. It would be great if a APEX owner answered but I did not see one. I also do not think any Forest River representative will read this and respond. ONLY us past or current owners.
I also was able to get some wire diagrams for my Coachman Class C motorhome from factory but it was in the plant for a front bunk overhaul due to a water leak. Foreman sent that info to me.
The BUILDSHEET as some call it is more a warranty list of installed appliances listing brand, model, serial number. Some of those manuals may come in a bag for you and other not. Yes you can get a manual for those item such as electic jack or converter online. The power converter is one such item and is good to get so you know the amps and type of battery charger such as if it has a float mode.
Sorry like others have WARNED you will need to ask the question about wire or plumbing issues as they happen. The common one is about location for black tank flush "Backflow VACUUM BREAKER". It seems that in some cases that item can be found in the bath vanity high by the faucet connection or in the wall behind the shower handles. It may take a owner of similar trailer to tell you where it MAY be. But understand these are hand built and each assembly worker does it their way.
I wish I had heard about Winnebago offing such information I may have looked at those more seriously had I known this.
Best of Luck finding what answers you can. I know I've also tried my best on my units but have some panels pulled free to find the answers to some of your questions like where does that wire go.
Dave

PAST- 2012 Coachman Leprechaun 319DSF w/TOAD -2011 Chevrolet Equinox 4-cyl. AWD, 2008 Springdale 266RL, 2002 Outback 25FB
Pathfinder75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:26 PM   #24

We have a 2020 Apex 245bhs - unfortunately only detailed warranty info on all components installed in the trailer. The warranty dept at Apex has been amazing, they might be a good resource to ask for diagram/wiring

It has been fun exploring the different compartments, seeing where the wires go etc. For what's it's worth we are very satisfied with the build quality and value for the dollar. We had ours built only additional options were frameless windows and 15k AC, we passed on tank warmers. If you do get wiring details please share as most models only vary by placement of additional furniture or entertainment center.
Usernamenotavailable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:46 PM   #25

We bought a used Apex Nano 193BHS from the original owners back in the summer when our international travel plans were shot by COVID. They stated they got nothing like what you’re looking for when they bought it.

I’ve learned a ton by lurking here on the forums, researching, reading other threads both related to our rig and not, and I’ve asked intelligent well formed questions and had enlightening discussions with several members in my short time here. One of my threads about weights even got picked to be featured in the FR forum email a couple months ago.

That being said, I also learned a ton by snapping pictures of data plates on everything in the TT right down to the power distributor, check valve, smoke, and CO detectors. I downloaded PDF manuals of everything, printed them, punched them, and put it all in a three ring binder.

Part of the thing that I learned is like any other venture to make a profit, FR can get different items based on need at different times, suppliers can change specs, stock can run out, etc. That’s why someone may have a Dometic this or that, while someone else with the same model made a few months later could have something completely different.

Did it take time? Yes. Do I think it was a PITA? Also yes. Do I think it was a worthwhile experience? A resounding yes, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Ask me where anything is in a 193BHS and I can tell you, show you, show you the data plate, and open my binder right to it.

A nice addition to the binder are my custom instructions for SHTF for my wife. Even though I’ve showed her how to hook up (for example), she can flip right to that checklist and do it without missing anything.

There’s quite a learning curve when starting something new, and I’m slowly getting traction. But there’s way more for me to learn and experience is the best teacher. You might consider your first post a good learning experience on how to frame you discussion and express your points while also not alienating the very people you’re asking to help you.
Old 12-11-2020, 06:14 AM   #26

Thanks Sick Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickPup404 View Post
We bought a used Apex Nano 193BHS from the original owners back in the summer when our international travel plans were shot by COVID. They stated they got nothing like what you’re looking for when they bought it.

I’ve learned a ton by lurking here on the forums, researching, reading other threads both related to our rig and not, and I’ve asked intelligent well formed questions and had enlightening discussions with several members in my short time here. One of my threads about weights even got picked to be featured in the FR forum email a couple months ago.

That being said, I also learned a ton by snapping pictures of data plates on everything in the TT right down to the power distributor, check valve, smoke, and CO detectors. I downloaded PDF manuals of everything, printed them, punched them, and put it all in a three ring binder.

Part of the thing that I learned is like any other venture to make a profit, FR can get different items based on need at different times, suppliers can change specs, stock can run out, etc. That’s why someone may have a Dometic this or that, while someone else with the same model made a few months later could have something completely different.

Did it take time? Yes. Do I think it was a PITA? Also yes. Do I think it was a worthwhile experience? A resounding yes, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Ask me where anything is in a 193BHS and I can tell you, show you, show you the data plate, and open my binder right to it.

A nice addition to the binder are my custom instructions for SHTF for my wife. Even though I’ve showed her how to hook up (for example), she can flip right to that checklist and do it without missing anything.

There’s quite a learning curve when starting something new, and I’m slowly getting traction. But there’s way more for me to learn and experience is the best teacher. You might consider your first post a good learning experience on how to frame you discussion and express your points while also not alienating the very people you’re asking to help you.
I haven't responded to people who didn't like my comments to another poster because there is no point. I said I was frustrated at the lack of info I could find. Your post like others encourage and don't throw up roadblocks. Some HAVE been successful getting info. Case closed.

So thanks for your suggestions, I appreciate them.
dedobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 12:08 AM   #27

tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedobias View Post
It seems you like to make negative, defeatist comments. You don't know what I want or need but you know EXACTLY what you THINK I'll get. Don't need or want your input, Thank You.
Have you considered one of those gadgets which will show wiring or pipes behind walls. Contractors use them all the time. I saw one where you can use your cell phone as a tool to do this. I don't know how accurate they are just seen them advertised.
mixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 04:34 AM   #28

FLIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerman View Post
Have you considered one of those gadgets which will show wiring or pipes behind walls. Contractors use them all the time. I saw one where you can use your cell phone as a tool to do this. I don't know how accurate they are just seen them advertised.
FLIR

https://www.flir.com/store/?creative...RoCtCUQAvD_BwE

Bruce

Tags
led