Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2022, 05:08 PM   #1
Retired Air Force

Apex Nano 191 RBS Winterizing

I find the manufacturer did not install a antifreeze suction line and no bypass valves on the water pump. It would be in a very tight area adjacent to the toilet. So I apply compressor air at the city water port with the adapter and one by one open all the sink faucets, shower faucets plus outdoor shower, open toilet valve, open drains under camper X 2. Drain hot water tank. Pour antifreeze in all drains. Connect air pressure to Black Tank port - gray/black water tank valves open.

I did this last year and had no problems in the spring. What do other owners do with there 191 RBS?
zeenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeenith View Post
I find the manufacturer did not install a antifreeze suction line and no bypass valves on the water pump. It would be in a very tight area adjacent to the toilet. So I apply compressor air at the city water port with the adapter and one by one open all the sink faucets, shower faucets plus outdoor shower, open toilet valve, open drains under camper X 2. Drain hot water tank. Pour antifreeze in all drains. Connect air pressure to Black Tank port - gray/black water tank valves open.

I did this last year and had no problems in the spring. What do other owners do with there 191 RBS?
Don't have your rig, but...... the bypass valve would be on the water heater not the water pump.
Blowing out the system with water will get rid of most of the water. We always left the faucets open so that there was room for any leftover water to expand if frozen. However, we live near Houston, Texas so we don't get the deep freeze like the north.

We had a trailer with no antifreeze port so when the winter here got really cold, we used one of these to pump antifreeze into the system. https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Antifre...18357267&psc=1
Old 10-26-2022, 07:03 PM   #3

antifreeze supply line modification

We have the same model purchased in 2018. I installed a valve in the PEX line that runs from the fresh water tank to the water pump. When it's time to winterize, I place the gallon of antifreeze under the line and drop a line into the gallon. The valve diverts supply to the gallon and the water pump pulls in the antifreeze. Works well with no issues over the last few years.

This is the valve: Flair-it PEXlock Bypass Valve 1/2 x 1/2 x 1/2 inch PEX, picked it up on eBay for around $16.
JoeNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterizing