Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2020, 12:06 AM   #221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoso View Post
Saw elsewhere that the late year 2021 208BHS is now coming with a top bunk window.
Hi Zoso - where did you read that?

Also, I just wanted to thank you all for this thread. I am interested in buying a 208BHS, and I learned more from reading this forum than I have scouring the Internet! It sounds a little hokey, but your passion for this particular trailer helped me narrow down my choices to this one. Its nice to have a place where people like to write about their mods, help each other out and talk about the latest things with the 208. Thanks!
BaconLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:45 AM   #222

Just something I saw on another forum. The person had taken delivery of their new 208BHS and it came with a top bunk window. They were surprised. They posted a picture and sure enough, the window is there. Other people who I have seen take delivery recently do now have the window. I'm sure shipping/prep time vs construction date has something do with this. If the top window truly is a new standard feature, we should start to see more and more have 208BHS have it included at time of delivery. I haven't ordered one yet but I like the idea of having a top bunk window. We camp without power most of the time and having a window to add some more airflow and light to the top bunk would be nice.
Zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 07:52 AM   #223

I'm glad coachmen is including a top bunk window. My older daughter always complains that she has no window. It also gets quite warm up there.

I bought a used window for the top bunk (12x22) but its a vertical window. Ill have to modify the drain hole prior to installing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201216_074854.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	244657  
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:37 PM   #224

Ok, I see, yeah, General RV has one without the top bunk window right next to one with a window in the top bunk! Thanks for the tip! And that makes sense that it could get a little warm in the top bunk. I hadnt thought about that.

https://www.generalrv.com/product-co...trailer/208bhs
Old 12-20-2020, 12:54 AM   #225

Interior Height

I have seen sites that said that the interior height of the 208BHS was 81, but I just read the Nano brochure that says it is 77. Could someone with a 208BHS confirm what the height is in the center of the trailer from the floor to the ceiling? I know the AC will lower the height, but Im wondering about the height in other parts of the trailer. My husband is 64, so I thought 81 would be good, but if its really 77, its a slightly different story.

I know that its hard to get TTs with height, but there seemed to be a few out there, and this one was one of them, I thought. I wish COVID was over and we could go to RV shows! It really sucks not being able to check these out in person! Thanks in advance!
Old 12-30-2020, 02:54 PM   #226

Hello everyone, haven't been back here in a long time but wanted to share our experiences with our trailer thus far. We ordered our 208 bhs last Feb. So it is a early model 2021 with a Murphy bed and opted out the AC. The empty weight for our trailer is 4066 lbs. and has a GVWR of 6000 lbs. I tow with a 2011 Silverado (GVWR 7100 lbs.), pay load of 1596 lbs. Its also equipped with an HD trailer package that gives a GCVWR of 15,000 lbs. More than enough truck to handle this trailer even though I still run an Anderson WD sway control hitch.

We took ownership of the trailer in late June (delayed due to Covid and border shut downs. I am Canadian) but still managed to get about 30 days of camping in. We did have a few issues however. The major issue being a leak in the slide roof on the very (and very rainy) first trip due to poorly installed weather stripping. The second being the first time we used the microwave. (first time hooked up to shore power) 20 seconds in to heating up some nachos the microwave sparked once and blinked out, a manufacturing default that took 5 months to get a new microwave. Not a big deal considering we mostly boondock. The last being that the slide somehow managed to get out of square and jammed halfway open. Amazingly I was able to resolve this on my own using the reset sequence that a service tech linked to me on you tube. You have to open up the panel beside the fuse box to access the slide control panel do the reset sequence then the double tap sequence on the in-out slide button to re-square the slide. I highly suggest people watch a few of these videos and write the steps down and store them in the trailer. I called a couple mobile repair men and the repairs and service cost varied but were all more than $200 dollars. I was a service tech at my dealership finally sent me the you tube link.

Anyway, over all we are very happy with the trailer. The interior space is amazing and we really like the Murphy bed option as the space behind the couch is still useable. My wife uses it as a lounge to read her books and as a play space for our young kids (1 and 3 as of the summer) you can sit on the couch and not be bent over on the floor. We also really love the tub as well. I didn't install shower panels as my original intentions were. I just put extra silicon around the tub pan a use a squeegee to wipe down the walls.

Some of the mods so far are: Duel 6 volte 254 amp hr. batteries (we mostly boondock) with a batterie shutoff. We have gone 5 days on this set up with juice to spare.

A single 30 lbs. propane tank with a gauge. No extra work need to do this mod. The existing lines allow for the taller tank.

A plastic sewer hose holder installed behind the rear axel. Our existing hose didn't fit in the bumper.

An extra shelve on drawer slides at the top of the pantry for an LG DP132 Dvd player that is very compact and allows you to play external devise as well. I did have to drill a small hole in the side of the pantry to feed the cables but not a big one.

Extra puck lights in the storage areas and outside kitchen. Here's a help full little hint keep a half dozen small freezer gel packs on hand. Not only are they good for first aid, When boondocking put 3 in your outside fridge and they will keep your drinks cool, once they start to thaw swap them with the others still in the freezer.

Future mods include adding a window in the top bunk and a Road Armor or CRE 3000 equalizer and wet bolt kit replacement as I contribute the rough back roads of Alberta and B.C. to my slide issue. Anyway. In the spring I'll post a few detailed pics of my mods or might even get crazy and post a you tube walk through of our set up. I don't have any pics uploaded to a URL that this site requests
B.Boudens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #227

A year season of use review

Hello everyone, haven't been back here in a long time but wanted to share our experiences with our trailer thus far. We ordered our 208 bhs last Feb. So, it is an early model 2021 with a Murphy bed and opted out the AC. The empty weight for our trailer is 4066 lbs. and has a GVWR of 6000 lbs. I tow with a 2011 Silverado (GVWR 7100 lbs.), pay load of 1596 lbs. Its also equipped with an HD trailer package that gives a GCVWR of 15,000 lbs. More than enough truck to handle this trailer even though I still run an Anderson WD sway control hitch.

We took ownership of the trailer in late June (delayed due to Covid and border shutdowns. I am Canadian) but still managed to get about 30 days of camping in. We did have a few issues, however.

The major issue being a leak in the slide roof on the very (and very rainy) first trip due to poorly installed weather stripping.

The second being the first time we used the microwave. (first time hooked up to shore power) 20 seconds in to heating up some nachos the microwave sparked once and blinked out, a manufacturing default that took 5 months to get a new microwave. Not a big deal considering we mostly boondock.

The last being that the slide somehow managed to get out of square and jammed halfway open. Amazingly I was able to resolve this on my own using the reset sequence that a service tech linked to me on you tube. You have to open up the panel beside the fuse box to access the slide control panel do the reset sequence then the double tap sequence on the in-out slide button to re-square the slide. I highly suggest people watch a few of these videos and write the steps down and store them in the trailer. I called a couple mobile repair men and the repairs and service cost varied but were all more than $200 dollars. It was a service tech at my dealership finally sent me the you tube link.

Anyway, over all we are very happy with the trailer. The interior space is amazing, and we really like the Murphy bed option as the space behind the couch is still useable. My wife uses it as a lounge to read her books and as a play space for our young kids (1 and 3 as of the summer) you can sit on the couch and not be bent over on the floor. We also really love the tub as well. I did not install shower panels as my original intentions were. I just put extra silicon around the tub pan and use a squeegee to wipe down the walls.

Some of the mods so far are: Duel 6 volte 254-amp hr. batteries (we mostly boondock) with a batterie shutoff. We have gone 5 days on this set up with juice to spare.

A single 30 lbs. propane tank with a gauge. No extra work needed to do this mod. The existing lines allow for the taller tank.

A plastic sewer hose holder installed behind the rear axle. Our existing hose didn't fit in the bumper.

An extra shelve on drawer slides at the top of the pantry for an LG DP132 DVD player that is very compact and allows you to play external devises as well. I did have to drill a small hole in the side of the pantry to feed the cables but not a big one.

Extra puck lights in the storage areas and outside kitchen. Here's a help full little hint keep a half dozen small freezer gel packs on hand. Not only are they good for first aid, when boondocking put 3 in your outside fridge and they will keep your drinks cool, once they start to thaw swap them with the others still in the freezer.

Future mods include adding a window in the top bunk and either a Road Armor or CRE 3000 equalizer and wet bolt kit replacement as I contribute the rough back roads of Alberta and B.C. to my slide issue. Anyway. In the spring I'll post a few detailed pics of my mods or might even get crazy and post a You Tube walk through of our set up.

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5725.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	245350

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5726.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	245351
Old 01-02-2021, 10:42 PM   #228

Anyone know where the slide controller is hidden in the 208bhs?
SPS57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Boudens View Post
Future mods include adding a window in the top bunk and either a Road Armor or CRE 3000 equalizer and wet bolt kit replacement as I contribute the rough back roads of Alberta and B.C. to my slide issue. Anyway. In the spring I'll post a few detailed pics of my mods or might even get crazy and post a You Tube walk through of our set up.

Attachment 245350

Attachment 245351
Looks good. I am also upgrading the suspension on my 208bhs as well. I already ordered the morryde cre3000 and the wetbolt kit. Will be doing this along with regreasing the bearings this spring.
Gerogesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:36 PM   #230

Slide controller location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS57 View Post
Anyone know where the slide controller is hidden in the 208bhs?
The slide control computer is mounted under the pantry. You have to take off the small panel beside the fuse box to get to it and is a very cramped spot. You have just enough space to maneuver a small screw driver or a pen in to place to hit the reset button.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:26 PM   #231

Checking back in after 30+ nights in ours this year, our first! Here are our issues:

Piping under the sink was not watertight and slow-leaked. Easy fix.

A/C failed to blow cold air the maiden night out on our first trip down to SoCal in July. A very rude realization, given that it was 95• at midnight, and we steamed all night long. Took Dometic about two months to get the dealer the new unit, per dealer.

Same slide-leak problem that BB reported above, and there was another Apex in the yard with the same issue. I don’t know if it was a design flaw or a manufacturing flaw, but that’s a failure point on this model. Service manager at the dealer says they installed the wrong collection trays in the interior of the slide, which worsened the exterior trim problems. Ours didn’t have a squeegee on top, either. Leaked when it was level with the slide closed up in a good rain.

We also dropped in a larger 7G propane tank with no trouble, and are getting great mileage out of twin battery set up that either came stock or the dealer upgraded.

Glad to hear about the upper bunk windows, as I’d love to retrofit one into mine (2019 model year). I’m also going to have to look into some kind of insulation for the fresh water tank, as it froze solid and locked up the pump after the second night below freezing in a snap winter storm in West Texas. Final to-do item is some kind of counter space hack, as there’s not enough on ours with the top-mounted sink.

I’m writing this from outside of Baton Rouge, as we’ve trucked from Oregon down to SoCal so the kiddos (9,7,5,3) could spend Christmas as Grandma and Grandpa’s, and now we’re kicking all the way over to Florida. So far, this camper has been very comfy for such a tight squeeze.

Issues above aside, I am very pleased. Tows nicely behind our Yukon. Plenty of storage space.
TroopPNW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:46 PM   #232

One Year Report

We purchased our 208 BH January 2020 in preparation for the pandemic (just kidding we had no idea either).
Spent the month of February traveling to Florida staying and returning to VA in March.
Took a few shorter trips in the spring.
Spent time near family for a week in Indiana in October.
I figure we stayed in it 50 nights.

We will get ready for our Florida trip here in a few weeks.

Mods
1: Added a slide out cover. It is a tight fit, but it has worked.
2: Switched out the 2, 20 gal propane tanks for 2, 30 gal.
3: Electric tongue jack
4: Switched out the outdoor camper stove with one from Coleman
5: Took out the outside fridge, more storage
6: Converted the BH to a single bottom bed with a storage shelf above. Makes this area a much easier access to stuff and increased very usable storage area
7: Installed lift assists for under the bed storage.
8: Added several wire basket shelves above bed and above dining seating and in kitchen area
9: Added magnetic knife and utensil holder above stove.
10: Shampoo and soap dispensers in shower
11: Roof fan cover
12: I have a 3800 watt generator in the back of my truck to use when boon docking. It works great.
13: Electronic door lock
14: TV

Only one issue:
The very first day of travel last February was rainy and we went from 35 degrees to 75 degrees to 50 degrees in a few hours (tornados) that night condensation had it raining inside, the windows were dripping and it was dripping around roof vents. I thought it was leaking. Turns out I didn't have enough ventilation going on. Haven't had the issue since. Except the front window, which I saw mentioned by someone else. I cut a piece of rigid foam and I put that in the window. Problem solved.

I am towing with a RAM 3500, so I have no tow issues.

What I like:
Plenty of storage. Taking out the outside fridge and converting the BH gives us way more than we actually use.
Easy to pull, I think this would be the case even with a smaller tow vehicle.
So far workmanship is holding up. Nothing has cracked or broken.

I keep looking out how to take out the dinette and put in two "recliners"

My only real complaint about this type of trailer is no comfortable chair. By comfortable I mean a recliner. I sometimes bring in my reclining deck chair.

All in all we are very happy with this TT. We had a truck camper prior, which I also liked, but it just wasn't the space for extended trips.

2 thumbs up.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Camper.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	502.2 KB
ID:	245470  
gdrescher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 07:20 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post
I have seen sites that said that the interior height of the 208BHS was 81, but I just read the Nano brochure that says it is 77. Could someone with a 208BHS confirm what the height is in the center of the trailer from the floor to the ceiling? I know the AC will lower the height, but Im wondering about the height in other parts of the trailer. My husband is 64, so I thought 81 would be good, but if its really 77, its a slightly different story.

I know that its hard to get TTs with height, but there seemed to be a few out there, and this one was one of them, I thought. I wish COVID was over and we could go to RV shows! It really sucks not being able to check these out in person! Thanks in advance!

My 208bhs measures 77 in the middle. I measured approximately 65 1/2 at the door.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:05 PM   #234

I found the slide controller. The only removable panel under the pantry is the electrical panel/fuse box. Took that out and there it was....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0663.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	245490Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0664.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	354.9 KB
ID:	245491
Im not having trouble with the slide but I wanted to see where the controller was just in case.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:56 AM   #235

Hi all!
We have a 208 BHS 2019. We love this camper We are able to pull it with our Honda Pilot with a towing package. Very light. We have done lots of mods and the 2020 model has all of our mods in the new model!!!
SSN706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:00 PM   #236

recliners

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdrescher View Post
We purchased our 208 BH January 2020 in preparation for the pandemic (just kidding we had no idea either).
Spent the month of February traveling to Florida staying and returning to VA in March.
Took a few shorter trips in the spring.
Spent time near family for a week in Indiana in October.
I figure we stayed in it 50 nights.

We will get ready for our Florida trip here in a few weeks.

Mods
1: Added a slide out cover. It is a tight fit, but it has worked.
2: Switched out the 2, 20 gal propane tanks for 2, 30 gal.
3: Electric tongue jack
4: Switched out the outdoor camper stove with one from Coleman
5: Took out the outside fridge, more storage
6: Converted the BH to a single bottom bed with a storage shelf above. Makes this area a much easier access to stuff and increased very usable storage area
7: Installed lift assists for under the bed storage.
8: Added several wire basket shelves above bed and above dining seating and in kitchen area
9: Added magnetic knife and utensil holder above stove.
10: Shampoo and soap dispensers in shower
11: Roof fan cover
12: I have a 3800 watt generator in the back of my truck to use when boon docking. It works great.
13: Electronic door lock
14: TV

Only one issue:
The very first day of travel last February was rainy and we went from 35 degrees to 75 degrees to 50 degrees in a few hours (tornados) that night condensation had it raining inside, the windows were dripping and it was dripping around roof vents. I thought it was leaking. Turns out I didn't have enough ventilation going on. Haven't had the issue since. Except the front window, which I saw mentioned by someone else. I cut a piece of rigid foam and I put that in the window. Problem solved.

I am towing with a RAM 3500, so I have no tow issues.

What I like:
Plenty of storage. Taking out the outside fridge and converting the BH gives us way more than we actually use.
Easy to pull, I think this would be the case even with a smaller tow vehicle.
So far workmanship is holding up. Nothing has cracked or broken.

I keep looking out how to take out the dinette and put in two "recliners"

My only real complaint about this type of trailer is no comfortable chair. By comfortable I mean a recliner. I sometimes bring in my reclining deck chair.

All in all we are very happy with this TT. We had a truck camper prior, which I also liked, but it just wasn't the space for extended trips.

2 thumbs up.
We took out our dinette and put in two recliners. Works great. Only an hour to do it. Spare plug under the TV near the floor make it great for the recliners electronics. We couldn't stand the bench seat dinette. Hurt our butts too bad.
Old 01-13-2021, 12:09 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSN706 View Post
Hi all!
We have a 208 BHS 2019. We love this camper We are able to pull it with our Honda Pilot with a towing package. Very light. We have done lots of mods and the 2020 model has all of our mods in the new model!!!
added:
1. added Electric Jack
2. added Vent covers (spray painted inside black to reduce light)
3. added Curtain and curtain rod to section off the bed from the dining room. It is straight across the room which leaves a space above the rod for cool air from the A/C unit to reach the bed. Allows for me to watch TV while the wife sleeps
4. removed dinette and put in electric RV recliners
5. added Stove cover
6. added articulated shower rod to expand shower space
7. added vent rim chandelier lights
8. added New overhead bed light for reading
9. added new overhead light over recliners
10. added vinyl back splash behind sink and stove
11. replaced screen door with a plexi glass door to keep cool air in during the summer, but be able to see out.
12. added foil bubble inserts for the window above bed.
13. extra foam on the bed.
14. add on screen room/sun shade that goes in auxiliary track of the awning
15. Added TV with firestick!! Also a articulated arm
Old 01-14-2021, 05:14 PM   #238

Trailer Cover?

Hi all, I just purchased a 208BHS. I'm excited about all of the adventures my family will have in it.

Question: I'm storing the trailer outdoors, but it won't be under a carport cover. I was thinking of getting a cover for it. I'm in the south and the heat and humidity get pretty bad during the summer.

What are your favorite covers?
ApexNanoPredator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 08:00 AM   #239

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexNanoPredator View Post
Hi all, I just purchased a 208BHS. I'm excited about all of the adventures my family will have in it.

Question: I'm storing the trailer outdoors, but it won't be under a carport cover. I was thinking of getting a cover for it. I'm in the south and the heat and humidity get pretty bad during the summer.

What are your favorite covers?
I would not use a cover. We have bought them in the past and they have always ripped in a heavy wind storm due to the Sun's U/V rays degrading the fabric. Waist of Money.

Invest in some Maxx Air vent covers. The factory provided vent covers over the bathroom fan and the kitchen area fan will be destroyed in about 2 years from the sun's U/V rays. It will shatter like glass. You will think that you or your significant other forgot to shut the vent. But you didn't. The winds from pulling the camper is enough to shred the plastic vent cover. It did it to me twice during camping trips.
Old 01-15-2021, 08:02 AM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPS57 View Post
My 208bhs measures 77 in the middle. I measured approximately 65 1/2 at the door.
Me too.