Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2021, 10:10 AM   #441

@Arcteryx where did you end up getting that deal for $21K?

If I could put in a order for that number, I would be willing to wait.

On another note it I see some of the 2021 units advertised have the tan/light brown cabinetry with black cushions and some have grey cabinetry with grey cushions. Anyone know if the difference is just a mid year build change, or is it part of another package like off grid?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Apex208BHS_INT1.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	251.1 KB
ID:	256377   Click image for larger version

Name:	60bc23d263eea8733c4d5694.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	256378  
Spencerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:53 AM   #442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencerb View Post

On another note it I see some of the 2021 units advertised have the tan/light brown cabinetry with black cushions and some have grey cabinetry with grey cushions. Anyone know if the difference is just a mid year build change, or is it part of another package like off grid?
I believe the first color theme is a new color offering later in the year. We didn’t have that option last Aug 2020 when we ordered our 21 model.

The 2nd color theme you showed is our trailer and it was called Quartz.
maxds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 12:14 PM   #443

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxds View Post
I believe the first color theme is a new color offering later in the year. We didn’t have that option last Aug 2020 when we ordered our 21 model.

The 2nd color theme you showed is our trailer and it was called Quartz.
I prefer the lighter interior, I hope I could order it with that.
Old 06-07-2021, 12:38 PM   #444

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallisticApex View Post
Gerogesin - do you know what gas line you need to do that? I have a 2021 and have a quick connect but I am not sure what I need to hook up to the Coleman.

Does anyone have a link or a length and connector name to do the LP quick connect to the Coleman?
So I bought this and I tried it this weekend and it works...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had already a 12 feet propane pipe with a blackstone connector so I just changed the fitting when I need to connect to Coleman or Blackstone..

One thing to note with this fitting you will not be able to adjust the flame easily but I was using the on-off switch on the end of the line to do that but it is a hit and miss...
artcele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:04 PM   #445

We just had our first weekend in our new 208. It for the most part was pretty good.

The issues we've had so far are:

1) Awning motor is super slow, our dealer is replacing it, but we are expecting that to take a long time..

2) Outdoor grill - the coleman grill that came with the trailer, is pretty terrible. I had pretty low expectations, and it didn't even live up to those. the lid broke off, which was only attached with two tiny tiny rivets. the difference between High and Low is pretty minimal, the grill it comes with started sagging inthe middle.. i feel it would have been better to not provide a grill.

3) outdoor grill rails. the rails that move the grill, are a bit shoddy. at first i thought it was because of the peculiar way they mounted the rails (one is up and down, and the other is flat.. so you get a lot of bounce.. to make things worst, the rails are held down by a single screw inside the trailer, and it looks like it came loose, or tore itself out. i'm going to fix it by adding some bracing, which should help the rails from angling downward so much. It is a big enough issue to make the trailer look stupid. Would have taken coachmen about 10$ to make it perfect. What a pain!

other than that, we like the trailer a lot. it feels huge on the inside. we had 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 baby. We were in the mountains so we had the heater on at night, and it did a good job of keeping the temperature up.

really like the clearance underneath the trailer.

Question for anyone towing this with a Tacoma.. What WDH are you using? and what settings do you have it at? i had to get an extension bar, as my 6" bar wasn't about 1" short.

Trailer tows really nice.

I've ordered a blackstone, but i dont expect it to be here anytime soon. ill get a propane hose and adapter so i can use the RV regulated propane.

Plan on getting some gas struts to put on the storage underneath the bed, and maybe on the seats around the kitchen table.
dbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:21 PM   #446

Quote:

There are 2 versions of the 2021. First part has the gray cabinetry and no window on the top bunk. The newer 2021s have the light interior with a window on the top bunk. Most likely if your buying a new 2021 its going to be light cabinetry with a window for the top bunk. It was a mid year change.

I have the older 2021 version without the window. Someone placed a deposit then backed out. Got lucky. Wanted the qindow for the bunks and lighter cabinetry but didn't want to wait for delivery. I'm like Veruca Salt, I WANT IT NOW. LOL

I bought mine at Burlington RV in Wisconsin. Bought the last one on the lot and after that it was all waiting to be delivered. General RV is a huge dealer nationwide and working with their sales reps may be able to locate one for you. As for pricing you would be lucky to get as low as $21k as demand is up and inventory is low. This camper is very popular as Tacomas and other SUVs can tow it. Pretty rare for a 25 foot camper.. Not saying it can't be done but its a sellers market.
Arcteryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:29 PM   #447

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbender View Post
We just had our first weekend in our new 208. It for the most part was pretty good.

The issues we've had so far are:

1) Awning motor is super slow, our dealer is replacing it, but we are expecting that to take a long time..

2) Outdoor grill - the coleman grill that came with the trailer, is pretty terrible. I had pretty low expectations, and it didn't even live up to those. the lid broke off, which was only attached with two tiny tiny rivets. the difference between High and Low is pretty minimal, the grill it comes with started sagging inthe middle.. i feel it would have been better to not provide a grill.

3) outdoor grill rails. the rails that move the grill, are a bit shoddy. at first i thought it was because of the peculiar way they mounted the rails (one is up and down, and the other is flat.. so you get a lot of bounce.. to make things worst, the rails are held down by a single screw inside the trailer, and it looks like it came loose, or tore itself out. i'm going to fix it by adding some bracing, which should help the rails from angling downward so much. It is a big enough issue to make the trailer look stupid. Would have taken coachmen about 10$ to make it perfect. What a pain!

other than that, we like the trailer a lot. it feels huge on the inside. we had 2 adults, 2 kids and 1 baby. We were in the mountains so we had the heater on at night, and it did a good job of keeping the temperature up.

really like the clearance underneath the trailer.

Question for anyone towing this with a Tacoma.. What WDH are you using? and what settings do you have it at? i had to get an extension bar, as my 6" bar wasn't about 1" short.

Trailer tows really nice.

I've ordered a blackstone, but i dont expect it to be here anytime soon. ill get a propane hose and adapter so i can use the RV regulated propane.

Plan on getting some gas struts to put on the storage underneath the bed, and maybe on the seats around the kitchen table.
I had a tacoma when I bought the 208bhs. Used the Anderson WDH because it was only 60 lbs vs 100lbs for all others. It worked well. Set the hitch per manufacturer specs which is 4 full turns of the tension nuts. Had to do 1 extra turn to level out.

Traded in the tacoma for an F150 as we go further for our trips and the 16 gallon tank on the tacoma required too much stopping to refuel. Also the F150 handles this TT like a champ. The tacoma did good but stay at 60 MPH as it is a small truck and cross winds are a huge factor.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:14 PM   #448

@maxds do you know who your internet salesperson was at General RV? Looking like ordering will be my only option.

I just got off the phone with the Alpin Haus rep, he said the unit in stock is for viewing only and they only take orders and wont sell the unit.
Old 06-07-2021, 02:21 PM   #449

Quote:
@maxds do you know who your internet salesperson was at General RV? Looking like ordering will be my only option.

I just got off the phone with the Alpin Haus rep, he said the unit in stock is for viewing only and they only take orders and wont sell the unit.
Scott Kittle. I had a great experience. He was very transparent and friendly.

888.436.7578 ext 7049
Old 06-07-2021, 03:00 PM   #450

@maxds thanks for all the info.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:21 PM   #451

Quote:
@maxds thanks for all the info.
Of course... good luck and keep us posted! =)
Old 06-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryx View Post
I had a tacoma when I bought the 208bhs. Used the Anderson WDH because it was only 60 lbs vs 100lbs for all others. It worked well. Set the hitch per manufacturer specs which is 4 full turns of the tension nuts. Had to do 1 extra turn to level out.

Traded in the tacoma for an F150 as we go further for our trips and the 16 gallon tank on the tacoma required too much stopping to refuel. Also the F150 handles this TT like a champ. The tacoma did good but stay at 60 MPH as it is a small truck and cross winds are a huge factor.
I tow with a Jeep Gladiator which I think is a similar class as the Tacoma. It pulls fine - but I can tell a little bigger truck would be a smoother ride. So far we've only done a couple trips under 100 miles away.

Depending on how some of our longer trips go - we may upgrade the truck for next year. But so far so good.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:52 PM   #453

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxds View Post
I tow with a Jeep Gladiator which I think is a similar class as the Tacoma. It pulls fine - but I can tell a little bigger truck would be a smoother ride. So far we've only done a couple trips under 100 miles away.

Depending on how some of our longer trips go - we may upgrade the truck for next year. But so far so good.
My feeling is that this trailer is right at the upper limits of what can be towed safely with midsized trucks. A lot has to do with how comfortable you are and what is within each person's abilities. My preference after one trip was to go bigger and the back seat we can put the pups and kids more comfortable. Tacomas are very capable trucks. Not sure about Jepp gladiators. Just don't know much about them.
Old 06-07-2021, 04:50 PM   #454

Totally agree. I think even though my Gladiator has a 7600 lb tow capacity this feels close to the limit of what you’d want to tow regularly with a Gladiator.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:40 AM   #455

So starting to get some quotes to order, anyone have any thoughts on the off grid package? Looks like it adds approximately $600 to the price for dual tanks, solar panel, outlets in the outside kitchen and passthrough, and a 10" high power roof vent. I think I could add a tank and solar panels easily in the future if I wanted. Outdoor outlet in the kitchen area would be nice, but not necessary. Not sure about the roof vent, is that a upgrade to the existing roof vent?
Old 06-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #456

I think i would have gone for the off-grid package if i thought I could have gotten a trailer sometime relatively soon (as it stood, it took two months extra to get a trailer that was already ordered!)

In canada, the fan itself is worth ~300$ and someone else installs it, which is a bonus...

Having someone else run the wires for solar was also pretty nice in my opinion.. i think the charge controller they give you is pretty basic, but at least all the complicated work is done with the wiring run.

I have outlets in my outdoor kitchen area, so maybe that is standard issue now?
Old 06-08-2021, 11:21 AM   #457

Quote:
So starting to get some quotes to order, anyone have any thoughts on the off grid package? Looks like it adds approximately $600 to the price for dual tanks, solar panel, outlets in the outside kitchen and passthrough, and a 10" high power roof vent. I think I could add a tank and solar panels easily in the future if I wanted. Outdoor outlet in the kitchen area would be nice, but not necessary. Not sure about the roof vent, is that a upgrade to the existing roof vent?
I felt the upgrade was worth the money personally. But we also planned to mix in some offgrid trips - if you are keeping to full hook up camping it may not be a helpful addition.

If someone here could clarify - I'm not sure how much different the fan is... but the offgrid fan is a 3-speed and runs on DC. Is that different than the standard?

Also - my offgrid trailer has DC 5V outlets in various places that I think are part of the upgrade. I have a DC outlet in the external kitchen (and the AC outlet). And I have a few DC/USB outlets inside by the queen bed.

The solar controller unit is pretty basic - and you can't upgrade the solar watts beyond what it comes with (100 watt roof panel)... so if you expect to need more solar power... you would still have to swap out the 10A controller with a bigger 20-30A controller.

There is also a shower miser thing that comes with the package for helping not waste water while heating it up.... but I haven't quite figured out the need for it yet as the water heater in propane mode heats very quickly. Maybe it saves a little water... or maybe people use it to just recycle the same water? Not sure - seems weird but that is just my lack of understanding.

For us - having it all wired up already was worth it. It all works great and the solar does an impressive job at refilling the battery during our first offgrid trip a few weeks back. $600 sounds about right on the price we paid for the upgrade.
Old 06-08-2021, 12:10 PM   #458

For those that don't have the murphy bed, has anyone attached some gas struts to the storage underneath the bed? I'd like to do that, wondering what size struts I should get.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:48 PM   #459

dbender, here are the ones I bought and installed. Definitely worth it and easy to install. Saved my head a number of times while I was upgrading our off-grid system.

Hatchlift Products RV Bedlift Kit... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KPR2DZI...p_mob_ap_share

They are extremely stiff. Couldn’t budge them until I put bed back on, then worked great. I apologize, I’ll try to get better pictures of the strut mounts tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	48C56364-71CD-48FA-AB92-5AB52BDA8928.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	256529   Click image for larger version

Name:	B604C80C-384B-49B9-B4F7-89E713A6DF7F.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	256530  
fshrlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:12 PM   #460

dbender, forget to say congrats on the trailer. We have been enjoying ours as well.

The awning motor is deathly slow on ours. It does keep it nice and tight as it comes back in. Watching videos before we purchased it, all the ones I saw were the same, very slow.

We had the same feeling about the grill and drawer slide system. I added a few screws to tighten up the slide supports, then found a retractable leg online that folds out and extends to the ground for stability and support. We ended up going with the Camp Chef Versatop system. It’s a little heavier, but gives us more cooking options with the attachments that can be purchased for the grill. I bought the 12 foot quick connect and ran it down the campsite beam with rubber pipe clamps. I also have a Coleman Roadtrip grill that uses the connector that artcele posted and also works with the Versatop grill.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	CCA6EE65-9748-4742-843D-7FF4426CA109.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	365.1 KB
ID:	256533   Click image for larger version

Name:	291A59FD-429C-40E8-853D-714581A402EE.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	346.4 KB
ID:	256534   Click image for larger version

Name:	5C57C2C9-2735-4D34-8C88-7FEBFC8E138D.jpg
Views:	108